Page 498 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598998 ... LastLast
Results 9,941 to 9,960 of 23337
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I haven't played the game, but I imagine it would be mediocre if you ran around all on your own shooting at whichever enemy happens to wander into your sights.

Pull that back in your ass where you got it .. I was talking about the actual shooting mechanics,weapons feel weak,you can't prone,there is no lean..everything is missing from a normal FPS game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Pull that back in your ass where you got it .. I was talking about the actual shooting mechanics,weapons feel weak,you can't prone,there is no lean..everything is missing from a normal FPS game.
    Pull that back in your ass where you got it... Weapons have the right feel (at least Vanu ones) Proning isn't needed, leaning isn't needed.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I can deal with no lean (I almost never use it any fps) but not being able to prone just feels wrong now. Borderlands 2 is the only fps where I didn't miss it because all the other shootybangexplosion mechanics are refined down to the millimetre.

Is Planetside 2 open beta/released now? Gonna sign up if it is.

Edit: nvm, just read the article! HI-HO SILVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Easy as pie!
    yeah. Good thing I enjoy taking my time. That mission took about three hours and I have had others which took closer to six hours. I can't imagine they're meant to be played like I do (spending an hour micromanaging a single sniper, for example. Or two hours flattening everything with artillery), but I can't see how else to win; your forces are way too weak for more aggressive tactics. Wonder how other people played them.

Beaten Faerie Solitaire. It's too long for its own good, I'd rather recommend Runespell Overture, it's more varied, has an original, well-written story, amazing production values including songs from The Guild's orchestral score, honey for my ears.

Picked up LIMBO and couldn't stop playing it despite all the deaths: the controls just feel so smooth and natural - it's a joy to play (guess it will be until the infamous level that drives everybody crazy). The demo didn't really do it justice.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Walking dead season Finale and hot damn, well done Telltale, well done indeed.

Also stay for after the credits bit.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Waking Mars is woderfully charming, and it makes me get feelings.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    scribblenauts unlimited and it is the best thing in the history of ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    It got a lot of average reviews with the main point being false freedom and it's more of the same, so I was a bit worried. What's your opinion of it?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Hoping to wrap up Alice: Madness Returns this weekend, Walking Dead Ep. 5, and the new Torgue Borderlands 2 DLC. If time permits, I may give Planetside 2 a shot.

On another note, I've been gifted a DOTA 2 key and I want to check out the game, but I've also heard that newbies can really ruin the game for others if they don't know what they are doing. I'm new to MOBAs in general, so anyone have recommendations on how I can knowledge-up before starting to lessen the impact of my newbiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    It got a lot of average reviews with the main point being false freedom and it's more of the same, so I was a bit worried. What's your opinion of it?
    well i helped a rooster hat wearing penguin with lipstick steal his diamond back and then george washington fought two of the four horseman of the apocalypse with the sword i gave him while i learned to never ever give wings to a shark and then i tried to cheer up an orphan with a juggler but she just ended up riding on top of his head while zombies invaded and then i realized that of course it wasn't lipstick at all that the penguin had it was a jetpack.

and now i have a jetpack.

Activated Node
    Civ5 - I finally caved and bought the expansion last week after not having played since the launch of CK2. Loving it.

Well, Waking Mars is lovely, fascinating and engrossing. I'd like more games like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Hoping to wrap up Alice: Madness Returns this weekend, Walking Dead Ep. 5, and the new Torgue Borderlands 2 DLC. If time permits, I may give Planetside 2 a shot.

On another note, I've been gifted a DOTA 2 key and I want to check out the game, but I've also heard that newbies can really ruin the game for others if they don't know what they are doing. I'm new to MOBAs in general, so anyone have recommendations on how I can knowledge-up before starting to lessen the impact of my newbiness?
    Play some bot matches to get the feel of things and how everything works, and when you start winning and feel comfortable with the characters you can go do versus matches. That's what I did with League of Legends anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Play some bot matches to get the feel of things and how everything works, and when you start winning and feel comfortable with the characters you can go do versus matches. That's what I did with League of Legends anyways.
    I've found Dota2 to be a bit of a different beast from LoL in that the bot matches in Dota2 are harder than playing against humans. If I'm remembering correctly theres an option to watch matches in dota2, which I think is the best way to learn. Otherwise yeah, just play against bots (because while harder, the games don't count for anything I think.)

playing against bots in dota2 will make you pretty decent. their timing is perfect and their coordination is impeccable. if you can figure out how not to get caught out of position, last hit, etc., against bots, you'll do just fine against humans.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    The bots are outstanding. Effective way to learn the mechanisms and other basic elements. Youtube a few beginner's videos and proceed. Alternatively, grab some random replays within the client and see how it works for yourself. :)

Assassins Creed 3. Just watched the intro, they really have gone batshit crazy with the story (I only played the first one in the series so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    have you played the Nintendo DS version? if so, how does it compare? i'm curious cause i played the 1st game on DS and really enjoyed it.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    have you played the Nintendo DS version? if so, how does it compare? i'm curious cause i played the 1st game on DS and really enjoyed it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...ited-pc-review

Scribblenauts looks beautiful on a big, shiny PC monitor. Inputting words via keyboard is quicker than tapping them out with a stylus on a Nintendo touch screen, but I found the overall experience of switching back and forth between that and a mouse (as to determine exactly where I wanted to drop my spawned items) a little bit cumbersome. With time I could see myself becoming well adjusted to this scheme, though, and unlike the Wii U version, all of the action takes place on one screen, making the PC a wonderful platform to enjoy the best Scribblenauts yet.