Page 499 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599999 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 22681
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Why would someone uncomfortable switching between mouse and keyboard be reviewing PC games?

I started playing Penumbra for the second time today, and made it a a fair bit further than I did on my last attempt... But then I did something shameful. There's a part that blatantly tells you "make sure the dogs don't sneak up on you", giving very clear forewarning of what was about to happen. I dragged a barrel in front of the door, judging by my laborious movements that it would be heavy enough keep the door shut... And had my heartbeat jolted to double its resting rate when the dog jumped me not 10 seconds later when I turned my back. As per usual when a game does this to me, I immediately quit to desktop.

Prior to that, I was entertained by this fellow's delightful journal:

Later, still not brave enough to face the dog I had now been twice warned about, I tried to play Far Cry 2 but the obnoxious haze and a prompt CTD informed me that I didn't actually want to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The best meat is in the crunchy legs.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    "make sure the dogs don't sneak up on you"
    I used to set up elaborate booby traps for those monsters!
    Penumbra did help my lifelong fear of the wee beasties though...

Tom j

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I seriously could not complete penumbra games,they are one the most scariest games there are. I didn't got scared of SH,Resident Evils,Condemned and similar stuff,but penumbraa..!!!

After Rome: TW. Medieval 2's combat feels somewhat sluggish and cumbersome.

Played about an hour and half of Cargo Commander. Interesting idea, executed with lots of charm, and attention to detail. For the price you could do a lot worse.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I played an hour's worth of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men this morning after having bought it way back when. It's pretty bad, so I uninstalled it and will likely never go back.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Thanks but i'd rather scoop my eyeballs out with a spoon that read anything written by ign
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    After Rome: TW. Medieval 2's combat feels somewhat sluggish and cumbersome.
    One of the problems I had with M2. I could never quite put my finger on what was different but it just didn't feel right.
    The units do have an annoying tendancy to not wrap-around in combat in M2, that was one thing that irked me. Too often they charge a unit at an angle and one corner connects first so the charging unit stops and just lets the 5 or so guys on the end fight it out for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    One of the problems I had with M2. I could never quite put my finger on what was different but it just didn't feel right.
    Yeah, I really can't tell what it is, but there's certainly something wrong. I think part of it is the units not "pushing" the enemies when on a melee, it gave a nice sense of weigh to the battles, and Medieval seems to lack that, but it's certainly not the only thing.

I just played through Frog Fractions.

What.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I played an hour's worth of Kane & Lynch: Dead Men this morning after having bought it way back when. It's pretty bad, so I uninstalled it and will likely never go back.
    i did the exact same thing when i played it. horrible game.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I didn't think it was too bad, I sort of enjoyed the tone even if it is a little overwhelming at times. The initial missions are quite fun, but the later ones are just awful, yes.

I completed the game two times lol,once on console and once on computer. It was quite good despite medicore shooting elements which you got used to quickly,at least in my case.

oh wait...K&L:Dead Men is the 1st game isn't it? then i haven't played it. I played the 2nd game and didn't care for it. played it once and never looked back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Kingdom Heats on a PS2 emulator.

Yes, I used to be console scum, I can deal with this!

R.Madrid VS Porto on PRO,i beat porto 5-1 haha,playing with better teams is like cheating for christ sake,even on highest difficulty settings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    oh wait...K&L:Dead Men is the 1st game isn't it? then i haven't played it. I played the 2nd game and didn't care for it. played it once and never looked back.
    The second one didn't really fix any of the problems the first one had, plus you don't get to fight a monster truck.

Some more AssCreed III. The morons responsible for the controls, the interface and the insta fail quests should all be shot, drawn, quartered and tarred and feathered. There's a good game buried under this mountain of shit, but reaching for it is not worth it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I'm in no way what I would consider elitist, but Max Payne 3 seems immeasurably improved on the PC. I know for some that's a given because of mouse and keyboard, but the higher frame rate really improves things. And I'm a 30fps is playable kinda guy.