Page 500 of 1183 FirstFirst ... 4004504904984995005015025105506001000 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 23656
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    I just played through Frog Fractions.

What.
    GOTY, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Risen 2 ain't so bad. The combat is awful, the quest design seems to be retarded, the story and voice acting are rubbish, the interface is terrible and the explorable areas are smaller than in the first one. I like the saturated colours, the lighting and art design but those models and animations are awful.

I don't understand what the fuck is Piranha Bytes doing. All their games fail in the same areas over and over again. Risen had better combat than the Gothic but the sequel "fixed" that. And it made exploration worse. The pirate theme is what keeps me playing.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I finished "Avernum 6" a while back. I hated Avernums 4 and 5, but Avernum 6 is one of the best games in the series, I think.

Started "Thief 2" which I'm playing through for the first time ever right now. It's way better than Thief 1 so far, although I'm only half way through. NO ZOMBIES! YAY!

1. That is not a pink cloak, but an orange book.
    2. The ascended items are a bad idea in GW2.
    3. Do not click the image, it links you to a fishy site.

Playing a lot of stuff actually. BL 2 co-op, TL 2 mapworks, Resonance and Gemini Rue (recent GOG purchases)

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    playing quite a bit of planetside 2 but the cert system drives me crazy. i never thought there would be a worse unlock mechanic than what is in tribes:ascend, but i was very wrong.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    playing quite a bit of planetside 2 but the cert system drives me crazy. i never thought there would be a worse unlock mechanic than what is in tribes:ascend, but i was very wrong.
    What's wrong with the cert system?

Fallout New Vegas but it seems my save file has given up the ghost halfway through Old World Blues :(

The mantra with bethesda's engines (since FNV isn't a bethesda game :P): Make different saves everytime you save. Do not rely on autosaves. Expect things to go wrong or stop working otherwise.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    I like it. It takes a lot of time to unlock stuff, but once you do - at least you feel like you achieved something. Also, you have a choice in your unlocks (compared to say Battlefield 3 system).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    What's wrong with the cert system?
    What IS the cert system? I'm genuinely interested.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    For every (I believe) 500xp points you earn, you gain 1 cert. Xp is gained for a host of different reasons, from the basics of killing someone, healing/reviving someone as the medic, repairing as the engineer to the bigger tasks of successfully defending or assaulting a base. Basically every task in the game that generates Xp will lead to certs.

Once you have your certs you can spend on them buying upgrades for guns, vehicles, classes, leadership and of course you can buy new weapons with them also.

It's worth noting that one of the worst ways of trying to earn certs is by just shooting d00ds. You get a much higher tick over assaulting or defending or working as a team.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 23-11-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hi All
    Sorry to post this question here but I am new user and for some reason I can't create new posts. I am looking for a game I read about on RPS that is about a guy trapped on an island and he is getting hunted by a beast of some kind. There was news about it on RPS but I can't find the specific article.
    Thanks in advance :)

Miasmata./10char

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Miasmata./10char
    Thats it, thanks :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    All that talk about Medieval 2 pff,it was my favorite Total War game :p I have Shogun 2 laying around,but its kinda large game (15. something GB) :d

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    All that talk about Medieval 2 pff,it was my favorite Total War game :p I have Shogun 2 laying around,but its kinda large game (15. something GB) :d
    No, no, you've clearly got it backwards. Of the four TW games I've played it goes:

1. Rome/Empire. Can't decide, love them both. It's like asking me to choose between family members. Probably Rome, though.
    3. Shogun 2. Yes, it's a kinda large game, but then again, it's a kinda large game, so I forgive it easily.
    4. Medieval 2. Never worked for me. Not when it was new, not now.

I'm clearly right, here. I'm objectively subjective.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    No, no, you've clearly got it backwards. Of the four TW games I've played it goes:

1. Rome/Empire. Can't decide, love them both. It's like asking me to choose between family members. Probably Rome, though.
    3. Shogun 2. Yes, it's a kinda large game, but then again, it's a kinda large game, so I forgive it easily.
    4. Medieval 2. Never worked for me. Not when it was new, not now.

I'm clearly right, here. I'm objectively subjective.
    Haven't played Shogun2 yet but I have a feeling I'd end up with exactly the same order. At least considering vanilla versions of each game. Allowing mods I have no idea as I've only ever modded Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Haven't played Shogun2 yet but I have a feeling I'd end up with exactly the same order. At least considering vanilla versions of each game. Allowing mods I have no idea as I've only ever modded Rome.
    I thought you played Darth Mod for Empire too?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I thought you played Darth Mod for Empire too?
    Not yet, it's on The List. So far I've just done a single play of Empire getting total British world domination, and the Italian campaign of Napoleon.