Page 505 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 54054554955035045055065075155556051005 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 24120
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Playing san andreas....

so so game so far. Main reason is because i really dislike gangsta. I find this kind of behaviour to be degenerate. So far, this is what I am. A gangsta...
    I want to be gangster. I want to aim high, I want to take over businesses, arrange sale of drugs to children, have pimps bring me money, I want to make deals with other crime lords.

Not bounce my car like an idiot.
    also my main source of income so far was playing pool for money. which was kinda fun. but come on...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Playing san andreas....

so so game so far. Main reason is because i really dislike gangsta. I find this kind of behaviour to be degenerate. So far, this is what I am. A gangsta...
    I want to be gangster. I want to aim high, I want to take over businesses, arrange sale of drugs to children, have pimps bring me money, I want to make deals with other crime lords.

Not bounce my car like an idiot.
    also my main source of income so far was playing pool for money. which was kinda fun. but come on...
    Without spoiling anything specifically, if you keep playing you might get what you want. SA is very much a rise to power game, you start in the slums, you'll end up in the hills (the hollywood style ones)

Started both Dishonored and Assassins creed 3 and here are my thought s so far:

Dishonored: Stealth mechanics are fantastic and fun to play. They also seem like the "right" way of playing, since the game will reward you with interesting eavesdropping conversations and less rats (if you are non-lethal). Also, playing in a non-lethal way seems to be more fitting to Corvo's (the main) character.
    The general atmosphere and graphic design are also great.

On the down side I feel like the streets of Dunwal are too empty and makes me feel like I'm trying to save a dead city, which makes the story a bit dull and pointless.

AC3: Only played a couple of hours, so I can't tell much about it. However, I did find the boat trip, the new world, to be a bit boring, but when I reached Boston I immediately remembered what I like about this series. Boston is a living and beautifully rendered city and all I wanted to do was run on the city's roofs and enjoy the sites. But after less than a minute of roof running, the game failed me because I got too far from some guy I was suppose to follow...

AC3: Only played a couple of hours, so I can't tell much about it. However, I did find the boat trip, the new world, to be a bit boring, but when I reached Boston I immediately remembered what I like about this series. Boston is a living and beautifully rendered city and all I wanted to do was run on the city's roofs and enjoy the sites. But after less than a minute of roof running, the game failed me because I got too far from some guy I was suppose to follow...
    It takes about five to six hours to finish all the tutorial quests. After that you can roam around as you please.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Also finished Spec Ops: The Line: I don't think my emotional reaction was as strong as that of many reviewers. It certainly managed to make me feel something ... Maybe this is because I was pretty sure in what direction the story was heading very early on.

Gameplaywise it's Your-generic-3rd-person-cover-shooter™. Not bad, but it does absolutely nothing what hasn't been done half a hundred times and probably better.

It also contained a few very frustrating moments for me. At one time you're required to run down a corridor while being shot at. No shooting back, no cover, no interaction. I died 6 times before succeeding on the 7th try. Why? I don't have the slightest clue. Because the game didn't tell me. Did I run a few inches more to the left than before?
    I don't mind dying in a video game but please, let me know why so that I can adapt.

The checkpoint placement is also abysmal, sometimes making you replay huge sections of a chapter upon death.

On the plus side: The setting is very unique, even beautiful at times. I'm also quite a fan of the soundtrack, consisting mostly of psychedelic/progressive rock (a music style rarely used in games).

I also give Yager credits for the intention, hoping that other developers are going to pick up the idea of a more mature storytelling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    @ TechnoJellyfish: You pretty much summed up my exact feelings about the game. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

I'm playing Skyrim and desperately trying to do anything else. Like eat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    All of it? Including investigating the outcomes of some decisions.

The game is fun, but not mechanically demanding of the player. Standard sticky cover stuff that you can switch off and blaze through, however, you will be paying attention through out the entire thing because of the story.

It's excellent, possibly above and beyond what The Walking Dead has done story in games this year, even though it's a completely different set of feels provided by the time it's all said and done.

The way the storyh is delivered is nothing short of amazing really.

Criminally under the radar this game.

Get it while it's still cheap on Steam
    Thanks, I porbably won't pick it up til it's a fiver as I've got a dozen new games to play so am not struggling for stuff like that just now, but am definitley interested to give it a go at some point, sounds like it's justifiably regarded as an interesting moment in narratives in games

Playing Sine Mora:

Nice little gem. Polished, tight, excellent universe. Not my type of game usually but really a good game. Don't think I'll play much more than the story but well worth the price anyway.

Network Hub
    Completed Waking Mars last night.
    What an utterly compelling game. Very rarely do I stop to do out of game research regarding the subject matter. Although i'm not sure if it ended 'right'. It was just a little to abrupt for my liking. Maybe i missed something, but whereas the bulk of the game was largely a non linear exploration and discovery experience, the last scene seemed rail roaded by comparison, with no real explanation or closure.
    Everything else (apart from the clunky evolved-from-mobile-games menu interface) was a real pleasure though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been playing Uncharted 3 and BLOPS2 with a few friends the past few weeks. Uncharted 3 is great with a team. One of my friends loves the running like a ninny and QTEs, so he takes over then. Another loves the puzzles, so he does those. And I like shooting people and muttering "Strelok", so I do major gun fights. Really good system. All the fun and "Holy crap this is awesome" without any real frustration during difficulty spikes.
    Also, fun fact: You would think that there would be LESS ethnic slurs and homicidal threats when all three people are in the same room... and caucasian. Not so much with BLOPS2 and a friend who needs to make room in his cabinets for new beer :p

As far as my personal gaming time: Started Skyrim again, got sidetracked with Dishonored, and now going to give Far Cry 2 a shot again after discussion in the other thread.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm playing Small General on my Android Phone, which is a very nice light hex turn-based wargame. It reminds me a little of Advance Wars with slightly more complex rules and more dice. It has a well thought out unit set.

I'm also playing some Diablo 3 and Torchlight . I do like clicking on monsters, and I enjoy both games for different reasons. I assume the Berserker takes of a bit at later levels? My level 9-10 is a constant struggle, who just doesn't feel anything like as strong as the other classes. He's using dual claws, but just doesn't seem to do all that much damage to make up for the lack of AoE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well, the sailing in AC3 is pretty amazing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Going to start Become a legend in PES2013.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I finished Hitman: Absolution the other day and my initial impressions were fairly accurate. On a purely technical level the game is great. The controls are smooth, the voice acting, graphics and animations are all decent, the weapons feel satisfying to use and the stealth elements are intuitive. If you're a fan of the stealth genre and all that it entails you'll most likely enjoy it.

Unfortunately, the level design never quite reaches the high standards set by the gameplay. There's far too many small levels which focus on stealthing through linear sections filled with enemies. The creative potential that was the primary focus of the earlier Hitman titles seems to be missing for the most part. The segments themselves are well made, but all too often you're railroaded through them rather than being given the chance to explore. And while I can understand the reason behind the new disguise system, it just doesn't work. Levels are small and often only populated by one or two enemy types, which means you might as well not even bother disguising at all. The social stealth aspect that I enjoyed so much in Blood Money has taken a backseat to the physical stealth found in Thief or Splinter Cell.

That's not to say every level in the game is terrible, some missions are quite brilliantly designed. The beginning of Act 2 in particular is easily the highlight of Absolution and makes up for a lot of otherwise mediocre parts. The gun shop was surprisingly complex for what is ostensibly a simple mission and taking out Lenny and his gang through various accidents gave me the same thrills as some of the best levels in Blood Money did. I even enjoyed the story, all things considered. It's ridiculously cheesy, but then it never pretends not to be.

As it is, Absolution is a flawed game. It's fun to play and every now and then it does evoke a sense of brilliance that matches the earlier instalments of the series, but ultimately it falls short of its potential and my expectations. If you're a fan of the Hitman series I'd say it's still worth checking out. It's definitely not on par with Blood Money, but then again maybe nothing ever will be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Without spoiling anything specifically, if you keep playing you might get what you want. SA is very much a rise to power game, you start in the slums, you'll end up in the hills (the hollywood style ones)
    yeah. it feels like that. slowly the game becomes more enjoyable.

I left the city. Kinda like the change of scenery. Lots and lots of driving tough. Decided to use motorbike as it is faster and very maneuverable.
    miss all my weapons tough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Guild Wars 2 and Borderlands 2.

ArenaNet buckled under their NCSoft masters and added a gear grind dependent on one "endless" dungeon (read: you repeat it a gazillion times over in a bid against the Random Number Generator). The elder Guild Wars 1 grognards have already started citing war stories about how ArenaNet managed to hold out against their corporate masters to Keep the Purity of the Game™, but apparently they're gaining ground. So it goes.

It's very hard not to feel overpowered in Borderlands 2. And that's a good thing. Nice when you can simultaneously melt, burn and poison a man with a flick of a wrist while shooting him in the face with a gun that fires lightning and spews one-liners. Oh, and you heal your friends by shooting them.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I think I'm starting to get a basic grasp of Crusader Kings II. I'm getting some nice marriages for my counselors!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I just bought and played Super Hexagon for 8 minutes. That 8 minutes alone told me that this game is all kinds of amazing. It revels in its seeming simplicity and is just fantastic. After 8 minutes. BUY IT.