Page 506 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 64064564965045055065075085165566061006 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 20969
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    How is this controlled? I hope it's not mouse movement ... Does it support gamepads?
    I think it's just the left and right arrow keys. Gamepad controls probably use the d-pad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    How is this controlled? I hope it's not mouse movement ... Does it support gamepads?
    No apparent gamepad control. Controls are A/D or the arrow keys.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Going to start "Become a legend" in PES2013.

Just played it for few hours and wow,its like RPG football game xD I am first goal ranking shooter in whole league Eredivisie,my club is NAC Breda. Though we lost first match 6-3 :| I hope at the end of season we are at least on third place and some better club will buy me..

Ps. There is also similar mode in NBA game,i heard its very good. Basically you create your chacater and you play as him from his young years to i don't know,thirties. AWESOME!
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Planetside 2. I have to make it look like trash to get a decent frame rate in a firefight, but it's worth it just to be able to play more. The satisfaction that game delivers in each "first" is insane. First time you win a dogfight, first time you win a two hour or longer battle for a single area, first time you destroy an enemy vehicle with your droppod...

PS2 is really fun, you guys.

I just wrapped up The Walking Dead, and I'll go ahead and admit that I cried. I don't think anyone thought Telltale wasn't going to deliver after that first episode, but to the level that they did? Goddamn.

Finally, I'm still having fun with Natural Selection 2, and Chivalry isn't a bad time either. If you want to hit dudes with swords, Chivalrys got you covered. It also has the pots of fire, extreme gore, and throwing axes categories covered pretty well. NS2 does a really good job of filling in the void that Nuclear Dawn left in my heart. As much as I loved ND, both teams being (at least on the infantry level) identical was a bummer.

Oh, also Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, but I'm not going to talk about those because, well, yeah.

Finished To The Moon. I've been playing computer games about for thirty years and it's the first to make me cry. It rather surprised me.

Played Home for a while. Not really sure what to think. Too much of an experiment and too long for an experiment, perhaps.

Tried Bastion. I don't think it's my thing.

Tried Ben There, Dan That. Definitely not my thing.

Started The Longest Journey. Not far enough into it to have any real impression, but the voice acting is surprisingly good, at least.

And then a bit of Audio Surf, mostly because I couldn't decide what to play.
    Last edited by Similar; 28-11-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Finished LIMBO and CreaVures. Gave Shank another chance and retired it for good after half an hour. Then spent an hour in the utterly frustrating story mode of Mirror's Edge​.

LIMBO is simply great, one of the best puzzle platformers AND games I played, as a whole package it's a greater achievement than Braid IMO.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Started playing a few hours of AssCreed: Brohood yesterday. I'm not really far into it but it's a bit dull at the moment. It seems that Ubi trying to make a movie with all those cut-scenes, the occasional QTEs and the terrible, terrible writing rather than an actual game.

That said, the game really starts in Rome, where I start screwing around, chasing pickpockets and all that. The last mission I did was killing the Borgia Captain. I have no I idea how to lure him to the scaffold for a full sync
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by bad guy View Post
    Which pinball game is that?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I think it's just the left and right arrow keys. Gamepad controls probably use the d-pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Thanks!

I guess it shouldn't be too hard to remap 2 keys to a gamepad (xpadder, ...) if I so desire. I'm probably gonna give this a go. Terry Cavanagh seems like an OK guy and I really liked VVVVVV. And because I got it as part of a bundle, Mr. Cavanagh probably received mere pennies for it ...

Activated Node
    I have finally managed to put Elemental Fallen Enchantress down for a bit. Will pick it up later but three games to completion is enough for me.

I also completed The walking dead over the weekend. The story was fantastic. Really pulled on heartstrings. I am of the camp that got frustrated with the obvious lack of meaningful choices and there were times in Ep3 and Ep5 when the rail roading was so forced I kinda got knocked out of the story long enough to realise I was playing a very mediocre game. But the storyline soon captured me again.

Started playing another game of Anno 2070. As is typical for me, I went completely against the grain and loved Anno 2070 (According to Meta Critic most people thought it was highly average).

Anyone else a fan of Anno 2070?

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I just bought and played Super Hexagon for 8 minutes. That 8 minutes alone told me that this game is all kinds of amazing. It revels in its seeming simplicity and is just fantastic. After 8 minutes. BUY IT.
    Well, thank you, sir. Now my left eyelid won't stop twitching ...

This is a gaming masochist's dream come true. So much failure in such a short period of time. I must have heard the phrase "Game over" (muttered by a slightly disappointed sounding female voice) a hundred times and more - and I only played for 15 minutes. The best time I managed to do on Stage 1 is about 35 seconds; doesn't feel like I achieved much ...

Correction: It does have native support for Xbox 360 controllers and it's even preconfigured to work with shoulder buttons, triggers, the d-pad and analog stick (this must be a bad idea, right?). Don't know about non-XInput gamepads, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played and finished Hitman: Absolution on normal difficulty. It was different, but it managed to please me nonetheless. I'll be doing this again on harder difficulties for sure, as some of the bonuses you get on normal seem a tad unfair in certain situations. Some colourful figures in the story, which didn't always make a whole lot of sense (it seems at times that half of it was cut), and a handful of beautiful locations!

Also playing a bit of F1 2012 which I was gifted during the Steam sale. It has its share of problems, but it's good for a quick race every now and then. I can't complain! From the in-car camera's at least, it looks pretty good too.

And to finish it off, I'm still pretty pleased with my time in World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Which pinball game is that?
    Pinball Dreams
    Certainly my favorite one of the series.
    I played it on the Amiga in the old days.
    Now playing the beautifuly polished PSP version, you can see the entire table pixel perfect.
    Last edited by bad guy; 28-11-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Activated Node
    Waiting for my far cry 3 preorder :D

Quote Originally Posted by bad guy View Post
    Pinball Dreams
    Certainly my favorite one of the series.
    I played it on the Amiga in the old days.
    Thanks. I remember that too.

I've been looking for a pinball game for my father (ever since we played a double flipper pinball game on the C64 together, he's been talking about it), but it's not easy to find something that I think he'll like. It has to be pretty simple, I think (i.e no fancy camera work and it might be best if the whole table can be seen at once).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariune View Post
    I have finally managed to put Elemental Fallen Enchantress down for a bit. Will pick it up later but three games to completion is enough for me.

I also completed The walking dead over the weekend. The story was fantastic. Really pulled on heartstrings. I am of the camp that got frustrated with the obvious lack of meaningful choices and there were times in Ep3 and Ep5 when the rail roading was so forced I kinda got knocked out of the story long enough to realise I was playing a very mediocre game. But the storyline soon captured me again.

Started playing another game of Anno 2070. As is typical for me, I went completely against the grain and loved Anno 2070 (According to Meta Critic most people thought it was highly average).

Anyone else a fan of Anno 2070?
    I love Anno 2070 but I'm always having trouble getting back in to it, making profit is pretty hard.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Playing Skyrim, finally. Is there a mod that turns the map into a plain, 2D paper map like in Oblivion? Also, can you adjust font size with SkyUI (I'm playing on the TV)? The only other mod I've installed so far is one that slows HDR transitions, since it's a bit silly stock.

^
    Check out A Quality World Map, there's a 2D option in there IIRC.

Crusader Kings II has its claws in me and I'm now being King of Scotland instead of sleeping. I've utterly fallen in love with the game. Example: last night's couple-of-hours session entailed my army invading the neighbouring province of Ulster on the basis of an utterly fictitious claim fabricated by my chancellor. Taking advantage of the army's absence, the rebellious Duke of Lothian declared independence, with several minor nobles throwing in their lot with him, and promptly began laying siege to two coastal provinces next door. Meanwhile, the Irish inflicted a massive defeat on the Scottish Army, killing my Marshall. In desperation, I spent my remaining coffers on an army of hired Saxon goons and begged my Danish brother-in-law for help. Waiting for these reinforcments, I sacrificed the remains of the Scottish army to delay the siege. Between the Danes and the mercenaries, I was able to recapture Lothian, kill the Duke and then reinvade Ulster, forcing them to accept me as their King.

That's not to mention the little problem of my eldest son and heir being imprisoned by the Moors after a disastrous Crusade, my ongoing efforts to wrest control of Caithness from Norway involving arranged marriages and assassination by such methods as poisonous snakes and exploding manure, or even falling out with the Queen over my judgement of a petty crime (and in the game...).

I knew I'd enjoy it but had no idea just how much fun you could have with the emergent story that you get from it.
    There is nothing more powerful than a bad idea who's time has come...