Page 507 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 74074574975055065075085095175576071007 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,140 of 23599
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I love Anno 2070 but I'm always having trouble getting back in to it, making profit is pretty hard.
    Yeh it is really hard. Im on my second restart now and I think I am doing quite well.

I have 2nd tier science dudes and 3rd tier eco dudes with a fairly steady stream of money coming in and 6 combat ships defending me. I imagine, once I have beaten a continuous game that I will need to put it down for a while. It's a pretty involved game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariune View Post
    Yeh it is really hard. Im on my second restart now and I think I am doing quite well.

I have 2nd tier science dudes and 3rd tier eco dudes with a fairly steady stream of money coming in and 6 combat ships defending me. I imagine, once I have beaten a continuous game that I will need to put it down for a while. It's a pretty involved game.
    I got to a point with third tier dudes but those high and mighty dudes demanded rice and spices from the oriental lands and buildings that required special kind of materials which I was not able to get because I was stuck on a barren island.

I've also started "playing" Super Hexagon and lordy almighty I am experiencing a mixture between frustration, addiction and nausea; that screen wobbling, bobbling and turning isn't good for the eyes and brain.

Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 28-11-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Crusader Kings II has got ahold of me as well. It's just a shame how every game has me inevitably plotting how to assassinate the superfluous children to prevent a break-up of the hard-earned realm.

Kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Been playing Air Conflict: Secret Wars, and I like it! It's shallow, completely arcade, and it has a silly-but-moderately-entertaining casablanca-ish backstory, but it's fun. Sometimes you just want to fly around shooting baddies, and not bother about trimming your engines.
    You're the second one to mention it in a positive way in a few days, so I thought I should try it too (got it from some bundle).
    It seems very much like a console port, barely any settings at all, but it runs well enough and it is fun. The story surprised me in a pleasant way; not only are you sort of a mercenary pilot, rather than a generic Air Force guy, but you're female.

Seems like something that is nice to have installed so you can play it for short bouts.

ETA: ah, there's a config exe in the game's folder, so you do have some control over graphics settings, at least.
    Last edited by Similar; 28-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Activated Node
    I got to a point with third tier dudes but those high and mighty dudes demanded rice and spices from the oriental lands and buildings that required special kind of materials which I was not able to get because I was stuck on a barren island.
    Ah we are talking about different games. I'm playing Anno 2070 (Their newest ones) and you mean their last ones (Which i forget the date of, 1701 maybe?)

I didnt like that one very much

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    ^
    Check out A Quality World Map, there's a 2D option in there IIRC.
    Thanks, I'll check that out this evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    This is a gaming masochist's dream come true. // The best time I managed to do on Stage 1 is about 35 seconds; doesn't feel like I achieved much ...// Correction: It does have native support for Xbox 360 controllers
    It really is. I'd heard people say it was hard, from reading around, but blimey! The more you try it though, the better you get, starting from lasting only a few seconds to progressively longer. I got to 51.25 seconds on the first stage last night, only to discover later you need to get to 60 to unlock the next level. Grrr! I also later discovered the options menu. Perhaps a combination of my stupidity and the game not being entirely clear, but I didn't realise you could go left or right of 'Start' once the game booted up. I've since remapped the turning to my dpad. Ended up playing it for about thirty minutes more last night. "Okay, okay, it's 2.30am. Must stop. But...I mean, one more won't hurt, will it? I'll probably only last 15 seconds. What's 15 seconds?" I also caught myself saying at some point "Arrggh, I'm losing it!" What a wonderful game.

I've also started "playing" Super Hexagon and lordy almighty I am experiencing a mixture between frustration, addiction and nausea; that screen wobbling, bobbling and turning isn't good for the eyes and brain.

Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    You make it sound like one of those experiments involving rats where if they don't do the right thing, they get shocked until they do it right. That wouldn't be entirely far removed, really!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    It really is. I'd heard people say it was hard, from reading around, but blimey!
    I love the no-bullshit approach regarding difficulty, though:

Stage 1 - Hard;
    Stage 2 - Harder;
    Stage 3 - Hardest ...

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I got to 51.25 seconds on the first stage last night, only to discover later you need to get to 60 to unlock the next level. Grrr!
    My current best is about 42 seconds now. This is gonna take a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariune View Post
    Ah we are talking about different games. I'm playing Anno 2070 (Their newest ones) and you mean their last ones (Which i forget the date of, 1701 maybe?)

I didnt like that one very much
    We're talking about the same one actually! They did need some special things I wasn't able to get though I'm not sure what it was.

@JG. The difficulty so far is that your little pointy arrow arrow goes too far or doesn't make it in time to the opening.

@Technojellyfish. There is also Hardestestestest! Hyper mode!
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    GTA:SA is frustratingly hard. Doing driving school at the moment and I cannot do five laps in row under forty seconds.
    my record was 40.16 but it was not good enough.

i spent an hour on that!!

really enjoy it. game opened up after leaving Los santos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar

Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Game Over. Again.
    Me too. I'm rubbish.
    Me too. I'm rubbish.
    Me too. Excellent . . . well OK maybe just one more go!

Finally got properly started on STALKER: Chernobyl, or at least to the newbie village and the first quest NPC. The game looks amazing*; controls take some getting used to as usual with me and 3D.

*I last played a graphics-intense game probably somewhere around Myst.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Currently playing Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis via emulator) and Fear 2 (PC). PS2 is ok. I prefer the first person 3D dungeons of the first game to the top down 2D style in this one. ALOT of money farming is needed to get anywhere half decent as is the norm in JRPGs. Overall not a bad game, but not a great game.

Fear 2 wise, I have to say that I prefer the first game as everything just felt more polished and the combat was alot more intense.
    Last edited by icemann; 28-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Fear 2 wise, I have to say that I prefer the first game as everything just felt more polished and the combat was alot more intense.
    Fear 3 is probably the peak of the games, especially as Paxton Fettel. Between possessing people and making them murder their friends and then eating their souls to recharge your possession bar you have a lot if potential for a mix of familiar and unfamiliar fun.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Not strictly relevant, but I finally got round to downloading the History of Rome podcast that's been mentioned on this thread before. Thanks to Casimir Effect and Vinraith for the recommendation!
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

I keep finding out I should be sleeping while I'm playing Crusader Kings II.
    And I'm barely scheming! what will happen to me as soon as my games get more intense?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I keep finding out I should be sleeping while I'm playing Crusader Kings II.
    And I'm barely scheming! what will happen to me as soon as my games get more intense?
    It will get worse. In my last game as the Emperor of Byzantium, just when I wanted to stop, my character died and I was left with my 8 year old heir. My spymaster who had -100 relations with me was appointed regent, and I survived six or seven assassination attempts until I could get rid of him.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    Finally got properly started on STALKER: Chernobyl, or at least to the newbie village and the first quest NPC. The game looks amazing*.
    You don't know how much i envy you right now. If only i could back to that first playthrough.
    Are you playing with any mods?

Currently i'm trying to settle on a game from my 'made-in-2012' backlog. I've tried 10 mins of a few (Vessel, Oil rush, Dustforce) and I think it'll be legend of Grimlock, are there any game enhancing mods out for this yet?

Tom j

Planetside2, CK2, XCOM, LoTRo.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Played and finished Hitman: Absolution on normal difficulty. It was different, but it managed to please me nonetheless. I'll be doing this again on harder difficulties for sure, as some of the bonuses you get on normal seem a tad unfair in certain situations. Some colourful figures in the story, which didn't always make a whole lot of sense (it seems at times that half of it was cut), and a handful of beautiful locations!
    I finished the game on hard first time and I've now reverted to normal to explore the levels more and complete some challenges. I find it far more fun on normal than hard and I'd probably recommend anyone starting to go for normal. I'd like a difficulty setting with the improved guards and such but didn't add the extra guards.

As the game goes on you get railroaded by the number of guards that are added at higher difficulties until the levels start to boil down to shoot everything or find the one answer. I couldn't find a single route into Blackwater Park on hard that didn't involve knocking out or killing at least one guard, every route over the rooftop was rammed with enemies with better smoke vision than me and by the cemetery I just wanted it to be over and shot everyone who was in the way.