Page 508 of 1181 FirstFirst ... 84084584985065075085095105185586081008 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,160 of 23605
    I swear, I have never been so worn out for so long in Dark Souls until a few hours ago. The damage output for my Dex Pyromancer is so pathetic, it's not funny. And looks like I'm way off with my timing when I try to parry the bastards in Anor Londo. Trying to get to O&S is the worst part, with all those Demon bitches and Sentinals along the way. I think I should call it a day and start upgrading weapons tomorrow
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I swear, I have never been so worn out for so long in Dark Souls until a few hours ago. The damage output for my Dex Pyromancer is so pathetic, it's not funny. And looks like I'm way off with my timing when I try to parry the bastards in Anor Londo. Trying to get to O&S is the worst part, with all those Demon bitches and Sentinals along the way. I think I should call it a day and start upgrading weapons tomorrow
    I suggest using a bow to take out the big guys in between the bonfire and O&S. With the ring that improves range if you can.

Hell, in general, Anor Londo is the first place where you REALLY want a bow.

But yes, by this point you should try to at least have a +10 weapon (or two).

And the Titanite Demons are actually REALLY easy once you get the hang of their patterns.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I suggest using a bow to take out the big guys in between the bonfire and O&S. With the ring that improves range if you can.

Hell, in general, Anor Londo is the first place where you REALLY want a bow.

But yes, by this point you should try to at least have a +10 weapon (or two).

And the Titanite Demons are actually REALLY easy once you get the hang of their patterns.
    No shit. Those two archers are really pushing me to murder that giant for a Hawk Ring at some point (just in case I start NG+ with is guy). But I think I should go back to the swamp for Titanites and leveling up. I didn't focus much on strength and the only bow I have is a bloody Dragonslayer Bow. Also, is it worth it if I upgraded my Schimitar to +15 rather than sticking with a Silver Knight Straight Sword? Or should I find another, better Dex weapon?
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    No shit. Those two archers are really pushing me to murder that giant for a Hawk Ring at some point (just in case I start NG+ with is guy). But I think I should go back to the swamp for Titanites and leveling up. I didn't focus much on strength and the only bow I have is a bloody Dragonslayer Bow. Also, is it worth it if I upgraded my Schimitar to +15 rather than sticking with a Silver Knight Straight Sword? Or should I find another, better Dex weapon?
    OH. You are at THAT spot. I thought you had already gotten past those two jerks. Whiting out how to beat them:

You should have found a tower shield at some point in Anor Londo (or before). Equip it in your main hand, then two-hand it. Then just hold block and run up the ramp. Go to the right, and charge toward the archer there. Get as close as possible so he switches to sword. At this point, you can either switch to a weapon and fight. Or you can just keep blocking and laugh as he gets pushed back from you stoppiing his attacks and falls to his doom. Repeat with the guy on the left if you want to (it is optional). The trick is to move fast so that you spend as little time as possible with the left guy able to attack you (once you approach the right archer, you are in the left one's blind spot).

One of (if not THE) best bows can be found by going to the forest whose name eludes me (easiest route to get there is past Havel) and killing an archer.

Best weapon depends on your style. But for a dex character, statwise, the Balder Side Sword is probably the best since it scales REALLY well, is fast, has a powerful thrust with good range as the R2/RT, and I believe it even gets an S for dex.

And don't feel bad about using a summon (or two) for O&S. They are a very difficult boss batte, even for people who have beaten the game multiple times (I view them as THE most difficult, but most people would put Four Kings as harder). Just be wary because Anor Londo seems to be the ambush point of choice for invaders on the PC.
    Last edited by gundato; 29-11-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    You might also be interested in the oriental blades (Uchigatana and Iaito), they weight a bit more than the BSS and have less durability (they're quite fragile at only 80 durability), but they end up with slightly more damage with the same DEX scalability plus both have a Bleed effect which can be very useful against invaders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I really hate that i can't discuss PES2013 here because nobody plays football games here,even sport ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I really hate that i can't discuss PES2013 here because nobody plays football games here,even sport ones.
    We're too refined to waste our time on such plebeian games, we lave the foot-to-ball little playgrounds to the console undercitizens.
    *Takes a sip from a glass of fine wine*

I used to play FIFA10 for an hour or two with a couple friends, though
    Art blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    OH. You are at THAT spot. I thought you had already gotten past those two jerks. Whiting out how to beat them:

You should have found a tower shield at some point in Anor Londo (or before). Equip it in your main hand, then two-hand it. Then just hold block and run up the ramp. Go to the right, and charge toward the archer there. Get as close as possible so he switches to sword. At this point, you can either switch to a weapon and fight. Or you can just keep blocking and laugh as he gets pushed back from you stoppiing his attacks and falls to his doom. Repeat with the guy on the left if you want to (it is optional). The trick is to move fast so that you spend as little time as possible with the left guy able to attack you (once you approach the right archer, you are in the left one's blind spot).

One of (if not THE) best bows can be found by going to the forest whose name eludes me (easiest route to get there is past Havel) and killing an archer.

Best weapon depends on your style. But for a dex character, statwise, the Balder Side Sword is probably the best since it scales REALLY well, is fast, has a powerful thrust with good range as the R2/RT, and I believe it even gets an S for dex.

And don't feel bad about using a summon (or two) for O&S. They are a very difficult boss batte, even for people who have beaten the game multiple times (I view them as THE most difficult, but most people would put Four Kings as harder). Just be wary because Anor Londo seems to be the ambush point of choice for invaders on the PC.
    Actually, I passed those archers. Just walk and roll and repeat until I charred that muthafucka in the right. I figured the rolls would give me a second or so invincibility time before the arrows hit. It wasn't easy, though. It never was.

I know Pharis' (that's the name!) Bow does rather low damage but might be better with a few or so upgrades. And I'm guessing it has a better range than most other bows, so yeah, maybe I should use it.

And I've beaten O&S before my first character, still hollow. No summons. It's hard but at least he can take hits and dish out just as much. My dex character has no poise and low vitality. Even with solaire around, I couldn't fight them proper, especially when solaire dies so quickly after taking so much hits from the sentinels. Last time I fought Four Kings, I think I just died once compared to the deaths fighting O&S.
    Art blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    We're too refined to waste our time on such plebeian games, we lave the foot-to-ball little playgrounds to the console undercitizens.
    *Takes a sip from a glass of fine wine*

I hope this is a joke comment.

I hope this is a joke comment.
    I hoped the glass wine line would make it obvious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Only reason I don't play footie games anymore is because I'm no loner sharing a flat with people who play footie games. I find them tedious as a solo pursuit but great fun lounging in the sofa in front of the telly with some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Only reason I don't play footie games anymore is because I'm no loner sharing a flat with people who play footie games. I find them tedious as a solo pursuit but great fun lounging in the sofa in front of the telly with some friends.
    Completely agree. I think I have PES 2007 continually installed on my pc in case I have some friends come visit me but I never touch it on my own.

Well maybe this makes someone interested in "footie" games again. These two mods are in both new FIFA and PES,but in FIFA it only last four years,whille in PES it starts from 17 years old untill you stop playing. So the thing i'm speaking is "Become A Legend" (This is how its called in PES,don't know for fifa). In this mode you create your own character and you only play as him,choose what kidn of body you want/face etc. But you can go into more detail here as well,it feels really like an rpg,you can even take a photo of your face and put it in! After that you pick what kind of player you want to be,which position and what stats you want,and then game trows you in a bad club in some lets say,decent league. After that its on you to raise as star,build up your character,buy new skills,level up and shit like that. If you're good you can play for your national team,or even some of the best team around the world.

I just builded 2 days ago,basically myself and i was trown in Eredivisie (Netherlands league,pretty decent one) and so far our club is on first place after 5 matches,NAC Breda. I'm also first shooter of league so far,seven goals scored! :p Feels good because i'm playing on PRO. Gonna post some screenis later in proper thread.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 29-11-2012 at 04:42 PM.

I got my shiny new gamepad some weeks ago, but I don't have FIFA/PES as of now. Will probably play some foot-to-ball games early next year.
    And if it's any consolation, I enjoy your match reports and screenshots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I hoped the glass wine line would make it obvious.
    He gets it from a crate stenciled FINE WINE™.

Now with extra classiness!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    As much of a scumbag as it makes me, I wish there was an American Foot-to-ball game on PC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    I played a lot of NBA2K12, the my player mode was really fun. Too bad those games tend to be buggy and 2KSports is horrible regarding patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    As much of a scumbag as it makes me, I wish there was an American Foot-to-ball game on PC.
    I miss hockey games, actually. NHL98 was the most fun I've ever had with sport games on PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    I got my shiny new gamepad some weeks ago, but I don't have FIFA/PES as of now. Will probably play some foot-to-ball games early next year.
    And if it's any consolation, I enjoy your match reports and screenshots.

Well try both games,there are demo's for both of them and then decide.

ps. Go with PES! :p

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. Game over. Begin. GAME OVER. BEGIN. GAME OVER. BEGIN. GAME OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAME. OVER. BEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGIN. GAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEG INGAMEOVERBEGINGAMEOVERBEGIN.

Super Hexagon is a fantastic game.