Page 513 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 134134635035115125135145155235636131013 ... LastLast
Results 10,241 to 10,260 of 24226
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that Alec mentioned that the review was sp only, due to being pre-release?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    I don't know if you're aware of this, but if you send your spymaster to build networks in the province your target is in, the chance for success increases.
    Yeah, I knew. The chance was a 53% WITH my spymaster's help, wich seemed a bit steep seing how the poor sod had 0 on intrigue (and everything else, really).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'm not sure there's anything else quite like it, but I remember reading good things about Dark Strokes:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...of-the-father/
    Thanks. I just played the one hour trial and it is good. The whole installation and payment scheme is very fishy, though:

First you download a small exe which wants you to install two different browser bars and some PC checkup utility (you can decline, but for the utility, the 'decline' button is very small and deliberately washed out, so it takes some to spot it) and then takes ages to download the game.
    After you've played an hour, the game just quits and you're presented with a window where you can buy the game, but it doesn't state what it costs (it doesn't on their web site either); you just have to click 'pay' and take your chances, I guess.

Shame they've saddled it with all that crap because it seems worth playing, but I'm not going to buy it under those conditions (I have an urge to check for malware, just in case).

Activated Node
    I think someone mentioned DayZ but it should be mentioned again.
    It is GTA Apocalypse, and it's incredible for anyone wanting to experience survival in a situation like that.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by augustuskent View Post
    I think someone mentioned DayZ but it should be mentioned again.
    It is GTA Apocalypse, and it's incredible for anyone wanting to experience survival in a situation like that.
    It has been mentioned. Many times. Many many times.

That's because it's awesome though, so no sweat. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    How the hell do I make an army with more than one flank?
    Merge two or more armies into one: the sub-armies will then fill the flanks.

I've been enjoying sale-inspired populated servers in Unreal Tournament 3 and being bemused by the slight and shiny Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Merge two or more armies into one: the sub-armies will then fill the flanks.
    And how do I do that? only option of the kind I saw was the "keep following" one.

And how do I do that? only option of the kind I saw was the "keep following" one.
    When two or more armies are in the same province, click-n-drag-select the whole bunch. There's a small button there in the army pop-up box (top right corner of it, IIRC) which merges them all into one.

That'll be useful, thanks!

That'll be useful, thanks!
    No probs, happy to help! It's a marvellous game.

Dishono(u)red and I'm just wondering if killing the Lord Regent would end the game. It seems too short.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Spoilereeeeeeers

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Dishono(u)red and I'm just wondering if killing the Lord Regent would end the game. It seems too short.
    You've got three more missions to look forward to, so you should consider your unfinished business.

I finished Dishonored yesterday. The story was indeed fairly weak, but the game and the setting is marvelous. It's just a bit of a shame that my attempt at a nonlethal playthrough left most of my arsenal unused. I never threw a single spiky grenade, never shot an incendiary bolt, fired less than 6 rounds from my pistol, and used one spring razor on a group of rats. I think I killed about 25 people over the course of the entire game, and 3 of those were assassination targets. Next time I'm going to be less ghost and more poltergeist.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Spoilereeeeeeers
    Oh, come on. It's Dishonored. It'd be a spoiler if I told you who you could not kill.

I started as non-lethal, but got tired of it and started killing only the annoying npcs (sometimes because of their position, sometimes because of their attitude) while still being quite stealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Shame they've saddled it with all that crap because it seems worth playing, but I'm not going to buy it under those conditions (I have an urge to check for malware, just in case).
    Where did you get it from?

Your safest bet is to get the basic version from Amazon for 6.99$. But it's also on a number of those casual gaming portals... new customers can have it on BigFishGames for 2.99$.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download...her/index.html

Another option is Alawar itself, they use a subscription model which gives access to the entire game library for a limited amount of time.

http://www.alawar.com/game/dark-stro...f-the-fathers#

The daily pass is just 1$ but you'll have to remember to unsubscribe, or it'll automatically turn into a monthly sub.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    Spent ridiculous amounts of time playing Endless Space this weekend for the steam free trial. I may be late to this party, but it was fantastic and a nice change to the 4x routine to be in space with the level of detail available in the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XimanSylvian View Post
    Spent ridiculous amounts of time playing Endless Space this weekend for the steam free trial. I may be late to this party, but it was fantastic and a nice change to the 4x routine to be in space with the level of detail available in the game.
    It's quite a good game, isn't it? Although either I haven't fully understood its mechanics, or it suffers from a severe case of "AI-ships-come-out-of-nowhere" syndrome. I was in a war with another race, and besieging their final two systems, when, out of nowhere, one of their fleets appears and attacks the most far away of my systems (the very final one on my galaxy's arm). And then, one turn later, a similarly powerful fleet appears and breaks my siege on their final system... was rather frustrating.

At least on this second case, they could have been building the fleet while I besieged and I was just unlucky. But I can't explain their first invasion at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    PES13 - Become A Legend,Eredivise - NAC Breda. Six matches are left until the end of season,we are leading by one point. If we win this year we are going to champions league!!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Don't have a window coming up with the dozens of hours I'll need to navigate realm divide in Shogun 2, so after a brief diversion into killing more or less the entirety of Brazil's male population through nothing but headshots in Max Payne 3 I'm going to try and finish Metro 2033. Was really enjoying it then the stupid contrived chapter about Nazis and Communists showed up, mad my way through that with a very arched eyebrow. But now maybe I can get back to survival horror and mutant ape lizard beasts.