Page 515 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 154154655055135145155165175255656151015 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,300 of 23695
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I'm trying chivalry.

And I want to like it. I really do.

But it's not working. Half of it's me being bad at the game. I accept that. I've only played a few hours at a generous stretch. But the other half is being attacked by a knight with my swift man at arms. I parry his first inevitable horizontal swing with an enormous hammer. Which I'm then reliably told should give me a small window for a counterattack. And then he kills me with his second horizontal swing which inexplicably animates faster than mine. Despite the fact that I'm using the hatchet, which is certainly faster than his weapon, and I wasn't just parried.

I don't get it. And it's bugging the piss out of me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    So I'm trying chivalry.

But it's not working. Half of it's me being bad at the game. I accept that. I've only played a few hours at a generous stretch. But the other half is being attacked by a knight with my swift man at arms. I parry his first inevitable horizontal swing with an enormous hammer. Which I'm then reliably told should give me a small window for a counterattack. And then he kills me with his second horizontal swing which inexplicably animates faster than mine. Despite the fact that I'm using the hatchet, which is certainly faster than his weapon, and I wasn't just parried.

Play the tutorial? It tends to crap out in advanced training, but it is VERY useful.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Play the tutorial? It tends to crap out in advanced training, but it is VERY useful.
    Tried it. It crapped out.

Splice does its thing quite well. I don't see how to solve each level at the first try, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes of failing before I figure things out, and I feel clever when I do.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 04-12-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Splice does its thing quite well. I don't see how to solve each level at the first try, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes of failing before I figure things out, and I feel clever when I do.
    Have you reached the epilogue levels yet? I've sworn off looking up walkthroughs because the half hour of swearing under my breath is nowhere near as frustrating as seeing the simple elegance of the solution that's been right under my nose the whole time. It does kind of feel like the entire game was just training for the epilogue, though. (Thanks for Splice!)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Did you reach an interlude yet? First one happens after you get hit by a train.
    I think I'm past that. I was at the end of the first boss sequence before I quit. Does the story pick up after that?

No, I'm on the 5th or 6th world, but as long as the final solution keeps being so simple an elegant as it's being, I'll be able to cope with harder levels. The way everyithing ends up clicking together is woderful. (you're welcome)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    So I'm trying chivalry.

I have been playing it as well and discovered the problem through the forums. The issue seems to come from the fact that the Vanguard and Knight swing their weapons with their hands in front of their chest while you swing from the side. So as soon as they start their second swing, they contact you on the inside angle with the shaft of the weapon (which does the same damage as the tip stupidly). You in the meantime are waiting for your arm to come over or around ever so slowly. The end result is that you should give up trying to kill on the inside unless you have a stabby weapon on these guys (even then they will out damage you and you will die). You are better off using your foot speed to try to get behind them. (try a hand axe, short sword, fire pot setup). Man at Arms is a weak class for now unless you play basically like a TF2 scout.
    Last edited by Misnomer; 04-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Banned
    Giving Age of Conan a whirl since I'm reading the books and comics right now. It's got a pleasant aesthetic style to it but I'm not convinced it's better than Guild Wars 2 or Lord of the Rings Online.

Darksiders II: I was having a lot of fun with it, then I got to the lord of bone bit where I needed to find three things for three people in three wings of... three three three! This game loves the number 3 damnit! Its becoming a bad MMO grind, but in single player.

Quote Originally Posted by dhlt25 View Post
    I think I'm past that. I was at the end of the first boss sequence before I quit. Does the story pick up after that?
    I'd say the story is standard comic book fare, which is to say, not particularly highbrow. Perhaps intentionally so. Though I haven't actually read any comic books, to be completely honest. I was mainly interested in where they'd take the psychiatric ward bits, because they treat the main plot as absurd as it actually is. If you ask me, it stays interesting if you keep asking yourself what's real and what you're imagining. And what you're imagining you're imagining.

Myself, I'm playing Mark of the Ninja, and so far I don't quite see the magnificence everyone has been talking about. The controls are actually giving me more trouble than in Dishonored and Fly'n. Maybe I just need a break from stealth games.
    Last edited by LTK; 04-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition! Picked it up on the sale on Steam along with Dawnguard for Skyrim, which I've also been playing! Unfortunately I played about five hours of the latter first, which meant that by the time I moved onto the newest tale of Geralt bashing monster heads, I was bored around ten minutes in. Additionally, I initially let the game control the video settings for me. Unfortunately, this led to a fifteen-minute load time just for the tutorial level due to memory packaging sizes or whatever. Great.

Furthermore, I started off using my gamepad and the game recognised this; it let me navigate the menu with it. Then, upon the tutorial level loading, it wouldn't let me use my pad until I manually went into options and changed it over. This caused me to miss about five of the beginning tutorial pop-ups; they were irrelevant to me because they talked about using the keyboard, which I did not want to do.

By this point my patience was wearing thin and when I came across the generic knight NPC, laid by the roadside who granted me a generic quest, I basically said 'fuck this' and alt-F4'd.

9/10
    Last edited by Krathor; 04-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    9/10
    Welcome to IGN
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Welcome to IGN
    Apologies.

7/10, then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Apologies.

7/10, then.
    You don't want them to send you a Witcher 2 figurine?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    I seem to have played 14.3 hours of Audio Surf in two days...
    Last edited by Similar; 05-12-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Have you got Blink level 2? You can blink in behind Daud and hide under the desk if you time it right IIRC.
    Yep. But I'm still out of his building and I still need to get past those guards. If the difficulty's lower, I'd killed them off already and not give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Did this last night, I possessed a rat in the corridor just outside his room and ran it round behind him. I then came out the rat, choked him and then sneaked over to his assassin chum and throttled him as well. ;)
    I though we supposed to kill Daud...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    No, I'm on the 5th or 6th world, but as long as the final solution keeps being so simple an elegant as it's being, I'll be able to cope with harder levels. The way everyithing ends up clicking together is woderful.
    It definitely feels like the entire base game was just leading up to the Epilogue, that's for sure.

Saints Row: The Third is brain poison. Gigantic, brilliant, addictive brain poison.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just beat Far Cry 3 the other day (good!), just beat Deadlight today (medium!), and I've been filling in the cracks with Super Hexagon (fucking amazing).