Page 519 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 194194695095175185195205215295696191019 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 24227
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I encountered the most horrifying thing in Dark Souls yet:

Failed to load Save Data

Jebus effing Christ ... I was near having a heart attack. Luckily, a simple restart fixed this (the game did not crash before and I quit via the menu).

I'm only 7-8 hours into the game, but I couldn't stand going through all this again ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Could you please stop overreacting to everything?

I was referring to the ending. The alien section, as I was talking earlier about it in this thread.

But actually, I do think Crysis is a good shooter but it isn't the best thing there is either.

OMG! SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THIS IS INCONCEIVABLE!

Its not best shooter but it sure belong there with the best ones.

Otherwise whats your opinion on second Crysis game ?

I haven't played it yet. I might pick it up next sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I think one problem is that most people never actually played it. It had high specs when it came out and everyone dismissed it as a "tech demo".

Then combine that with people wanting modern military manshoots (look at the other threads on Crysis where people whinge that there were aliens at all), and that didn't help.

Sidenote: Anyone know of any good deals on a pre-order of Crysis 3? I have no interest in the multiplayer, but my current run through of the series again reminds me that, while flawed, Crytek is one of my favorite devs.

Yeah, a lot of what I remember about Crysis is the kind of thing that people now promote as being emergent.

You could basically manipulate/throw/kill/drive/shoot/blow up anything you could see, you could play it quite stealthily if you wanted,the physics were very strong, you could go pretty much anywhere. The plot was on rails but the actual game wasn’t at all. If you didn’t want to blow up the base you could go swimming or fuck around with some chickens and turtles or do abit of driving on the beach or what have you. And that wasn’t at the expense of the gunplay either, the combat was very strong, it was just if you didn’t fancy it you could do something else instead.

The bit before the Aliens, a considerable chunk, is exemplary modern gaming in my opinion. The Alien bits are still awful though. Not interesting, not enjoyable, there's pretty much nothing redeeming about them in my eyes.
    Crysis came just a bit before the “emergent” dialogue really took off if I recall, otherwise it would be far better remembered and cited a lot more often.

Trying out the demo for ASA: A Space Adventure. Not enough Myst-alikes and this one looks really pretty, so I'm all for the idea.

I was holding out for a demo of FTL, but I discovered it very cheap yesterday so I said sod it, for five euro I'll risk not liking it.

Turns out I was partially right. It's interesting enough and I have had some fun with it, but being a roguelike it can only hold my attention for so long. I get too attached to my spaceship and crew, and am all the more upset when they inevitably get destroyed.

I got similar feelings after playing Spelunky and Binding of Isaac.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So I worked out chivalry! I'm not bad at it now. The only problem is other players. Or rather, those with the money to own servers and then go ahead and make a 32 player server - or even worse, a 32 player FFA server. Whenever that happens (such as just there) my only response is to roll archer and fire arrows into the melee to make players rage.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    I encountered the most horrifying thing in Dark Souls yet:

Failed to load Save Data

Jebus effing Christ ... I was near having a heart attack. Luckily, a simple restart fixed this (the game did not crash before and I quit via the menu).

I'm only 7-8 hours into the game, but I couldn't stand going through all this again ...
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is why I will never buy a retail copy of this game. Textures are fixed and it I already do have a PC controller, but a game that doesn't give you more than one save having a chance to loose that save?

Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Today was the worst day for me in PES (Become A Legend). In one day two quite important clubs refused to sign a contract with me,Benfica won 4-1 so we drop out of Champions League Qualifications,then in Eredivisie,our league we lost agaisnt PSV 5-0,then international match against Iraq,we lost 1-0..it was like BIGGEST FREKAING NIGHTMAREEEE :'(

So i called it for today,need to rest and forget this bad day happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    And that ladies and gentlemen, is why I will never buy a retail copy of this game. Textures are fixed and it I already do have a PC controller, but a game that doesn't give you more than one save having a chance to loose that save?
    Yeah, but how would multiple saves and the ability to load 'em at will work with the whole "You die - You loose everything" attitude? Kinda ... not. That said, this should be no excuse for corrupted savegames and devs have to make sure people don't lose tens and hundreds hours of progress (by implementing a simple backup routine, for example).

On a related side note: Some random player message made me jump into a well. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do at the time.

YOU DIED
    Last edited by TechnoJellyfish; 06-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Going through it again only takes half of that time though because you already know the mechanics and the correct way to do things, I made a new character and spent 2 hours on something I spent 8 hours previously.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

I played some Splice and Eufloria on the train. Shush, they're also PC games. Splice is getting properly difficult but I don't really get the feeling that I'm mastering the mechanics, and I stumble on the solution as often as not. I've gotten as far as level 707, but it's really not easy to develop a systematic strategy for solving the puzzles.

Eufloria is just another one of those games where I think "This would be great if I weren't playing it on an underpowered computer with a wonky control scheme and a tiny screen."

Just finished To The Moon. Best story I've seen in a long time. Can't wait for the sequel. >.<

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I played some Splice and Eufloria on the train. Shush, they're also PC games. Splice is getting properly difficult but I don't really get the feeling that I'm mastering the mechanics, and I stumble on the solution as often as not. I've gotten as far as level 707, but it's really not easy to develop a systematic strategy for solving the puzzles.

Eufloria is just another one of those games where I think "This would be great if I weren't playing it on an underpowered computer with a wonky control scheme and a tiny screen."
    I love Eufloria to bits. It's oddly calming for a game of universal flora conquest.

Finished Dishonored and my, my, air-assassinating a Tallboy and stealth killing Daud were probably the best thing I did in a while. I hoped the game would be longer, though. It seems a bit too short despite spending at least a couple of hours on each level. I finished the 'Loyalists' level on high chaos, killing nearly everyone but I don't like the feeling that Samuel was starting to act hostile, which would probably cause him to alert the guards in the island on purpose. I redid it without killing anyone and well... that was the easiest level ever.

And a bit of Skyrim just to screw around and kill things. Bloody ice wolves...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

... and I also started Hotline Miami yesterday. Shiiiaaaat ... I'd like to think of it as Killing Zoe: The Game, with all the graphical violence, the animal masks, the driving techno beats (minus the bank robbery, of course).

I have a strong feeling this is one those cases where the soundtrack makes half the game. And goddamn, what a soundtrack it is!

From a technical perspective it looks disastrous, though. I got stuck in chapter three, unable to move neither character nor cursor and I was forced to start over the whole chapter. And it crashes on exit very reliably ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    So having mentioned it and seen it mentioned in several "game of the year" discussions I reinstalled Crusader Kings II and was immediately reminded why that may have been a bad idea as I stayed up way too late. Played the Islam expansion for the first time and my first guy had an interesting life. He spent the first 70 years or so gaining piety (lots and lots of it), plotting to fabricate claims on neighboring territories and fathering loads of children (mostly girls). His third son became disfavoured by his wife plotting to kill the first son but then the first and favoured son (an Iman as well!) was converted to a heretic branch, imprisoned and all his titles passed to my second son who became heir then promptly died. Apart from that his reign was largely peaceful and uneventful until the ruler of the empire died and his successor imposed absolute crown authority. And the grand old age of 72 my ruler led the rebellion for independence but realising he would be crushed considered making a land grab only to be thwarted after failing to arrest the third son for his own (this time) plot against one of my ruler's grandson's led to a rebellion which had to be dealt with. He was swiftly imprisoned (where he died) his titles revoked and passed onto the next son who became heir (poor daughters have no chance!). On eventually surrendering in the war of independence he spent a brief few months in jail but was ransomed by his heir where he promptly set about getting a couple of new wives (he also divorced one of his older wives for killing a younger more favoured one during the war) and fathering another couple of children at the ripe old age of 81. The third son died in prison and my ruler swiftly followed in his late 80s, a pious mostly peaceful man who had become embroiled in foolish wars and plotting during his later years.

That's the thing I like about this game, I don't do things to win or to make things easy for my descendants (unless I feel that's what my ruler would care about), I instead base all of the ruler's decisions on their traits, ambitions, relationships with other characters and sometimes an arbitrary thought of "maybe I'll try and be really pious." I think it's more fun to try and play the game "in character" even if it makes it harder or leads to disaster.

So my new dynasty member's ambition is "amass wealth," due to his pious, charitable, gregarious nature my previous ruler has left our holdings more or less bankrupt, so he has been left with a tough task but by gosh is he going to stick to it (which I sense will leave us week militarily in the future as we wont be able to upgrade out holdings).

Love this game, it's one of the few games with emergent stories that has really fired my imagination, which is an achievement considering I'm not much of a history buff, especially history involving lineages and dynasties, I found that stuff really boring when I was at school!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I bought Don' Starve today. I thought I wouldn't because it's ugly as fuck its grotesque graphical style does not appeal to me, but there you go.

I'm warming to it, but I expected more of a proper survival game without all that persistence. I guess the research system wouldn't really work if you lost it all when you die, but it does sour the experience a little...

Sounds like a really neat game.

Still playing Skyrim, I'm on the second to last quest in the main questline, so that should be finished today or tomorrow. After that I think I'll ignore the quest log for a while (I think I have like 30 side quests lined up atm) and just wander around.