Page 520 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 204204705105185195205215225305706201020 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,400 of 22715
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    FC Parma,nuff said..!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    The design is somewhat goofy, the UI straight from the 1990s, but I've been having a good laugh with the current Steam Daily Deal Battle vs. Chess. The AI is not too shabby either.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Hitman Absolution.

I'll probably try finish it, but I may just quit before the end. I did think that people were over-reacting when they said it was terrible and nothing like the franchise before I played it, but five hours in and I can see where those sorts of people are coming from.

NightSky HD (on Steam :P), normal difficulty. Controls and sound design conspire to give it a strangely firm feedback that feels somewhat unsatisfying to me. Early levels seem to be designed so that you can just zip for a couple screens (and that does feel good!) then smash into a puzzle (frustration ensues), like it has been put there to hinder your progress, make sure you're not having too much fun. The more clever and interesting mechanics only pop up in the second half of the game, but overall, levels sort of feel like thrown together, probably because sections between checkpoints rely on different mechanics: you will blast out of a screen at full speed, only to find your sphere is now standing still in a different setting, with a different problem to solve. Plus, the whole atmospheric thing really isn't working for me: I'm too busy either rolling around or getting rid of the obstacle to pay attention to the background most of the time, and when I do, the graphics just look too simplistic.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

X-Com:Enemy Unknown today

I was awarded a Russian woman who's a Heavy after a Moscow abduction mission. Two missions in and she's grabbing killsteaks like a boss and she ain't stopping. She's now promoted Lieutenant just after blowing up three Sectoids and chopped down a coupla Floaters. I'm really starting to like her. Hope she doesn't get injured often.

Funny thing about playing X-Com. The first time I start a mission, I failed horribly. But when I reloaded, almost nobody in my squad died and the mission was a complete success!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Next post by Voon will be about how life has no meaning when his moscow woman is dead.

anyhow:

I've got one last mission to go before I am done with GTA:SA. At the moment I am trying to get all Tags in LS, using a map i found on the net to find them all. I fear I will miss one and then spent hours rechecking everything.
    Besides tags and other find them all missions (which do not interest me as rewards are pretty pointless) i've got trucking missions left. But they went horribly wrong last time i checked so not so eager on doing them again. they were simply not fun.
    also did not do paramedics as reward is not useful anymore for me (did firemen and vigilante. first one on first try second one took half a dozen tries. a bike and 1500 ammo for my smg did the trick as well as quick visit to paintnspray)

very good game but i do remember enjoying vice city more. maybe i should replay it (last time played it was 2003) to confirm whether it is better or not (although being able to swim was a positive change)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    But when I reloaded[...]
    Soldiers rising from the dead? What manner of witchcraft is this?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    (Re-)finished Crysis last night, installing Warhead right now. I am definitely having fun with my replay of the series.

Also, if you don't want the infamous alien sequence to suck: Ignore Prophet when he tells you to take his alien minigun. It is crap. Instead, stick with both ARs until you find a Gauss Rifle to replace one of them with. Makes that entire sequence a cakewalk (and fun).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Don't Starve. Really cool and stylish survival game with both Minecraft and roguelike aspects.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Playing around in Proteus, having had too little concentration for several other things today. Some things are remarkably well done - without too many spoilers, I love the owl and the mushrooms. I think I got to an ending, but I feel like there are still things I don't know.

Edit: I agree that Don't Starve is cool, must play around with it some more - have barely got past the point of surviving through the night.
    Last edited by Pertusaria; 08-12-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Heroes 6. Nice and addictive game. Often freezes at the town screen. Has a half-assed persistent online component. My Internet connection went down and it sent me to the title screen.

Should I start a game of Civ V or Crusader Kings 2? First reply wins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Crusader Kings 2!

If only because I'm confused where the free copy of Civ 5 that was supposed to come with XCOM preorder on Steam went to . . . certainly not because I was just banging on about how great CK II is!

Haha, thanks. I needed that, been staring at the desktop trying to decide for an hour!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Crusader Kings 2!!
    10 characters!

I tried to play The Saboteur again, but the damed messenger still won't show up with the missions. That's the only thing I don't really like about this game, and it's just one thing, but just for this one thing I can't play the missions or progress in the game. Yay. -.-'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    And with Warhead down, on to Crysis 2.

And I really wish more devs would do what Crytek did. Do an expansion/DLC that actually assumes you know how to play the game and basically just ramp up the explosions and what not.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

My big russian woman died plenty of times despite her being healthier than a horse. That's why I loaded. Lots.

I'm in danger of losing India and Japan for being panicky all of a sudden. Now Sydney has been terrorised by aliens. Not bad. Not bad. Except Chryssalids are running around and turning people into zombies before becoming one of them. And my only heavy's out of commission for a coupla weeks, so I have to make do with shitty snipers. God, I hate this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Soldiers rising from the dead? What manner of witchcraft is this?
    Okay, loaded my last save but I wished that happened. Makes things easier!
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    My big russian woman died plenty of times despite her being healthier than a horse. That's why I loaded. Lots.

I'm in danger of losing India and Japan for being panicky all of a sudden. Now Sydney has been terrorised by aliens. Not bad. Not bad. Except Chryssalids are running around and turning people into zombies before becoming one of them. And my only heavy's out of commission for a coupla weeks, so I have to make do with shitty snipers. God, I hate this mission.

Okay, loaded my last save but I wished that happened. Makes things easier!
    ironman mode is the only proper way to play this game i heard. give it a try :)

Yes, but after I finished my first game. Save-scumming feels like I'm spoiling it.
    Art blog here.