Page 521 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 214214715115195205215225235315716211021 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,420 of 23220
    Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Played a little bit of Planetside 2. Was good fun, but there wasn't enough there to hook me as a solo player. If I can get some of my IRL friends into it and playing on the AU server I could imagine playing it semi-regularly though.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Original Command and Conquer. Great game still, enjoying it immensely, on the 11th Nod mission and things are getting really tough.

War of the Human Tanks. Got it in a bundle and I figured I might as well try it out, and...
    It's actually really great. In the battles, at least. The plot makes very little sense and is incredibly boring, and there is a LOT of it. Which is really sad, because (for the most part) the idea for the plot started out decent, with the moral troubles of biologically manufactured soldiers. Then they got sidetracked by some bad anime. Or it started out as a bad anime and gets sidetracked by good ideas. I really don't know at this point. I'm tempted to just skip every cutscene, because the battle sections are really fun.

Obscure Node
    When I first saw Hotline Miami screenshots and heard people describe it, I didn't quite understand what the fuss was about. But based on the opinions of the RPSers and the current sale, I decided to pick it up.

It's....quite compelling, much more so than I expected. I think it's the type of game you have to try for yourself to understand, although I've only played the first couple of maps.

I finished Assassin's Creed 3's singleplayer story. I really enjoyed Connor's story but I can't say the same for Desmond's.

I loved the Colonial American period that AC3 is set in, it makes a huge change from renaissance Italy. It's also given me a bit more insight into a historical period that I never really knew much about before.

I was never really able to get into Desmond's story; there's too much pseudo-scientific nonsense that gets in the way of everything else. It's like the devs wrote themselves into a corner when they developed Assassin's Creed 1 and have been trying to write themselves out ever since.

The AC games would have worked perfectly fine with just the historical settings, and don't really need the Animus framing device wedged in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    The more clever and interesting mechanics only pop up in the second half of the game
    Finished NightSky and I'm glad to say the second half is really great. I even went back to gather stars and unlock the secret levels: I've only played the first 6 so far but they're really fun and original, and I'm hoping to unlock the rest of them too.

After running head on into a wall of frustration courtesy of Mirror's Edge, I decided to give inMomentum a spin, since ME is so frequently mentioned in relation to it - it's a half-baked game and it seems that the devs decided to just leave it that way to try something completely different. Too bad, really, it's not without potential.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I finished Assassin's Creed 3's singleplayer story. I really enjoyed Connor's story but I can't say the same for Desmond's.

I loved the Colonial American period that AC3 is set in, it makes a huge change from renaissance Italy. It's also given me a bit more insight into a historical period that I never really knew much about before.

I was never really able to get into Desmond's story; there's too much pseudo-scientific nonsense that gets in the way of everything else. It's like the devs wrote themselves into a corner when they developed Assassin's Creed 1 and have been trying to write themselves out ever since.

The AC games would have worked perfectly fine with just the historical settings, and don't really need the Animus framing device wedged in as well.
    I enjoyed it too, but found Connors story too poorly written to be particularly enjoyable. There were some bits (such as the final assassination) that felt too forced.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Playing Borderlands 2 co-op with a friend and having a great time of it. Having gone through the original game (and all DLC) twice with a soldier, I decided to change it up and have been having a marvelous time sniping and stabbing my way through the sequel with Zero. Good times.

On the SP front, I've been dabbling with Anno 2070 and Crusader Kings 2. Anno seems like a solid entry in the series, but may not be different enough from the others to hold my attention for long. Crusader Kings 2 is self-evidently marvelous, though I seem to spend as much time messing around on the character selection screen moving through history as I do actually playing the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I enjoyed it too, but found Connors story too poorly written to be particularly enjoyable. There were some bits (such as the final assassination) that felt too forced.
    Really? I thought it was superbly written. There was some great dialogue and impeccable voice acting throughout.

SPOILERS

The clash of conscience with Connor as he questions if he is truly doing the right thing, and ponders unifying the Assassins with the Templars I thought was excellent.

Haytham was a fantastic character, and made some compelling arguments for the Templar cause.

The epilogue, with Connor's people being forced West, meaning that the faction he won the war for were no better than his enemies, and his entire struggle was for nothing, was heartbreaking I thought.

END SPOILERS

Let me clarify, I didn't think the overall plot was bad at all but on a micro level:

Like when Haythem knew Connor was his son, when that hadn't been suggested up until that point that he actually knew that and I was expecting a big reveal. As well as that, Charles' betrayal and order to kill the natives meaning nothing and Kenway ending up being typical crazy bad guy at his death despite having been a great character throughout. Then the deal with the guy in the prison who gave you the key to swap then somehow is waiting for you when you got there? And the fact that Charles Lee just goes and sits in a pub in the middle of nowhere and waits for you to come stab him.

That said, I was wondering if I missed something, why was it important for Connors people not to have to move off the land? I can't remember.

Activated Node
    Super Hexagon. I'm terrible at it. Really, really terrible. Way too much in the way of coordination and reflexes involved for my liking, and yet I can't stop playing. I bought the soundtrack just to hear more than the first ten seconds or so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Just finished Far Cry 3 story. Not bad, don't know why some people didn't like the game after you kill Vaas. Why? Was he really a memorable character? I didn't like him that much, the other guy was more or less the same. Gameplaywise it's the same after that just more of the same with less crafting( surely you already crafted everything by that point) and more guns. By the way guns are well done and shooting is ok, driving isn't as good but not bad either. Now about bad things. Psychoactive scenes were boring and there were QTE boss fights. At least QTE's were managable( not as bad as BF3 or pre-EE Witcher 2) and beautifully done. There were also some technical issues and one CTD. Bearable. Minimap and HUD is not a big problem on a 26" screen but that patch is welcome.

All in all this game provided me with light-hearted entertaining and a few memorable moments( burning the weed plantations, some certain story cutscenes and some random encounters with or without bears). Actually, this light-hearted attitude made those few "dramatic" moments far better because they caught me offguard. Come to think of it, Dishonored with it's ultraserious and ultragrimdark setting/story failed to provide such moments at least for me, even thouh I spent more time in it.

By the way, some background music reminded me of Borderlands 2. Same artist?
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 09-12-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Just finished To The Moon...
    I... I... I think I need to go rehydrate myself.

At least got out of the starting pub in Darklands, although not much further till I managed to get into a fight I couldn't win. I think I'll go back to character creation and put a bit more into the strength / endurance of my non-fighters, see if that helps.

For anyone else who's baffled by the amount of choice the game throws at you before you've started, I found reading the Cluebook and then jotting down more or less what you wanted out of each character helped.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Struggling with Don't Stave.

I survived two days and made a science machine but for some reason finding bait for rabbits is slow and can't gather and prepare the food fast enough. I need to collect robe and manure also but have no idea where and how.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Just finished To The Moon...
    I... I... I think I need to go rehydrate myself.
    Finished it some days ago too... And I know what you mean. >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You giant babies.

I just played an hour of Kung Fu Strike. It's fucking great. It has a really cohesive and satisfying combat system, the learning curve is just right; not too easy, not too hard. I can't wait to get a hold of all the mechanics and play the last levels.

Edit: Just for the record, I cried at the end of to the moon and I'm not ashamed of saying it. That game is so fucking great in a completely different way.
    Last edited by SirDavies; 10-12-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Struggling with Don't Stave.

I survived two days and made a science machine but for some reason finding bait for rabbits is slow and can't gather and prepare the food fast enough. I need to collect robe and manure also but have no idea where and how.
    You don't need any bait to hunt rabbits. Just take your axe and stand on the hole to cut them off before they can hide in it. They only need one hit.