Page 526 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 264264765165245255265275285365766261026 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,520 of 23666
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Woe be unto the man who forgets the glory that was Punisher MAX.

Activated Node
    Playing Thief for the first time, had a good experience with it so far (Had trouble finding something the bracelet in the Thieve's Guild mission, which caused that mission to drag on a bit.) When I started out I was clobbering all the guards, but I'm finding better routes now and avoiding quick-saves, which has made things a lot more fun and tense.

Also playing Sub Rosa in short bursts.

Zafehouse: Diaries. Man, it's compelling. I haven't played such an addicting strategy game in quite some time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Dead Rising is like Garth Ennis comics. The first game you play/series you read is wonderful, fresh, and entertaining. The second one starts to wear a bit, but is still fun. Beyond that, you realize that every game is exactly the same.
    TBH, very few series escape from their roots, its just the gap between release is big enough that you forgive it. Still, 1 awesome game, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I gave up on DR2 after an hour or so because of the atrocious save system.
    I understand, but you are wrong (^_^), essentially quick save would ruin the game, that you need to plan a route is part of what makes learning the game so good. You really should try again.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-12-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I keep replaying XCOM on Classic Ironman everytime when the only things that are in the barracks are nothing but memorials of dead soldiers. It seems that everytime there is a bomb disposal mission, I failed. And every single mission after that have been nothing but failure, failure and oh, more failure. Doesn't help that every soldier I have is a bad shot. I really need those Lasers, ASAP.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    So I finally got fed up with the BS and threw Planetside 2 out of the window. It came as no surprise when it turned out even the uninstall itself is fucked up and barely works.

Trying Far Cry 3 now. Two questions: 1. When do you get the bow, and 2. is there any way to silently take out dogs without it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    You can go and buy the bow as soon as you want.

Banned
    So it is buy-only? You don't get it for free for doing some mission or something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Except for punisher MAX, don't forget Punisher MAX.
    Even that was still attacking acceptable targets, it is just that those targets were sex slavers and drug dealers and mafiosos rather than religious people and what not.

For the record: My two Ennis books that I love are Punisher (His entire run, including the Marvel Knights imprint) and Preacher. :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Even that was still attacking acceptable targets, it is just that those targets were sex slavers and drug dealers and mafiosos rather than religious people and what not.
    But, to be fair, that's the whole point of The Punisher.

Banned
    Well, after several hours with Far Cry 3, I gotta call it Far Cry 2.1. Or rather 1.4: Far Cry 2 had malaria, morally dubious background, and the endgame which was, like, whoa. It had style. Unfortunately, it also had the proverbial decashitload of enemies stationed at every landmark, and I use the term loosely - a man-made pile of rocks is a "landmark", as is a random campfire in middle of nowhere, and even a small clearing. And as it turned out, Africa is literally jammed full with "landmarks".

Well... Far Cry 3 is exactly the same. They said that if you take over enemy camps the game stops spawnings enemies all over the place. Is this really the case? Because I wanted to do just some basic stuff - upgrade my gear a bit and look around - but I keep running into baddies every two minutes. If you count all the cars passing by, roughly every minute. And it's not an exaggeration. It is literally that bad.

This is just crazy. Am I supposed to beeline it for all enemy camps on the island first and only then spend my time exploring? Because that's the only way I see this working. And even to do that in the first place, I have to get to the camps first; wade through all the landmarkpeople and patrolpeople and carpeople and god forbid you actually shoot any of them, because the gunfire will only cause more of them to show up!

It's just obnoxious; the game tries to create an environemnt of exploration and kicks you constantly when you actually try to explore.

Crafting? Annoying more than anything else. Not only because of the bad UI, but also because everything requires a different skin. I don't mind this concept per se, but when I have to run for several minutes just to get some pig skins and then for another several minutes for some dog skins and then I have to backtrack because ooops, turns out I forgot few deer skins, all while being attacked by angry red-shirted men(it's amazing how they went as far as giving them all red shirts so they're easier to spot in the jungle. The entire game is an example of taking "user-friendly" too far) guarding every bush, again - obnoxious, obtuse, game fighting against itself.

And I'm doing all this, and then it just hit me, like diamond bullet yadda yadda:

Why am I playing this and not Skyrim which also offers exploration, but much much more of it, better, with better crafting, and you don't get attacked by angry red-shirted men all the time?

If I want manshoots, why am I playing this and not STALKER, which also has an exploration aspect, and even the first game has noticeably less manshooting if you apply the zero time respawn fix?

And finally, why am I playing Far Cry 3 and not Far Cry 2, which is almost identical in its enemy spawn obnoxiousness, but without all the crafting obnoxiousness, without dumbed down things like item radar, awareness markers, tagging working through walls, red shirts, and with a whole lot more style?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I gave up on DR2 after an hour or so because of the atrocious save system.
    It was not the save system that turned me away but the fact you get grabbed from behind in zombie crowd and escaping is horrible and frustrating. Also that horrible survivor AI.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Finished Trine 1. Switching to the pad was the best idea I had in months, I couldn't help by being frustrated by KB+M control. Now thinking about revisiting some levels to go through all the beauty once again and collect the few glowy green thingies I've missed, but might move on to the sequel. Ideally I'd like to finish both Trine 2 and Portal 2 before the end of the year.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Tried minecraft yesterday and didn't liked it,today/tomorrow is King's Bounty on the list,hope i'll like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Tried minecraft yesterday and didn't liked it,today/tomorrow is King's Bounty on the list,hope i'll like it.
    Minecraft is not so fun alone to be honest, best experience you're going to have is on a server or local map with a bunch of friends.

King's bounty is like Heroes and Might & Magic but hardcore.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Finished Trine 1.
    Ah Trine 1, back when chests had stuff in them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Ah Trine 1, back when chests had stuff in them.
    I dunno man, I like poems.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I dunno man, I like poems.
    I like poems as well, just not the same two over and over.

Actually scratch that, I don't like poems at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Still replaying Crysis 2 (and now pretty much guaranteed to pre-order Crysis 3, just debating if I want to use my GMG 35% code now or hope for an offer and a 20% code in the future).

But I grabbed AssCreed3 in the Amazon sale earlier this week (for my PS3) and it arrived and that boxart of tomahwaking a british person just gets me all hot and bothered...
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Let me guess,you didn't liked Crysis 1 :D ?