Page 529 of 1185 FirstFirst ... 294294795195275285295305315395796291029 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 23697
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Planetside 2 is very pretty.

Is it normal to spend your first few hours dying, mistakenly shooting your own team and falling off things? Cos that's what I did anyway. I have no idea how I'll ever be able to hold my own it. Still, s'free innit.
    Sounds normal to me.

Join the RPS outfit an you'll get lots of help there.

FarCry 3! Yes! Oh, look! An overlong intro! Tuitorials! Unskippsble cutscenes! I look like James Franco! And... and... hey! What the heck game? I thought this is a sandbox game! Why can't I swim through this cave to my objective? Hey... Hey! Mission failed?! Why are you teleporting me back to the village?! FUCK YOU GAME. I'M PLAYING FARCRY 2.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    FarCry 3! Yes! Oh, look! An overlong intro! Tuitorials! Unskippsble cutscenes! I look like James Franco! And... and... hey! What the heck game? I thought this is a sandbox game! Why can't I swim through this cave to my objective? Hey... Hey! Mission failed?! Why are you teleporting me back to the village?! FUCK YOU GAME. I'M PLAYING FARCRY 2.
    Get out. I thought Far Cry 2 was underrated before it was cool.

It's so hard being me, surrounded by pleb casuals.

Hey, now. Unless that was sarcasm which I didn't quite catch, I was talking about FarCry 3. I love the second game. That said, I'm still giving FarCry 3 a chance despite the boring beginning.
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I ever use either the phrase 'pleb casual' or 'before it was cool' non-sarcastically, I am contractually obliged to detonate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Yeah, that's your Achilles heel; that and you're not very much above the minimum requirements.
    Actually, they're not all that bad. I play on a laptop too (have to move constantly, so desktop is not an option for me), and I got a pretty good one for 500. Acer Aspire 5742G, Intel Core i5-480M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (1Gb), 8Gb RAM... I know it's not perfect, but I can play most new games without having to recur to low settings.

Obscure Node
    hey guys i'm new here and Thank God there are people who love games like you exist on that damn planet :D
    just i want to ask what do you think is the best strategy game when it comes to Building a city, with its economy, people, roads...and i hope it have the best graphics, makes you feel you are running a real great country, not just some houses near each other... and i hope you don't tell me SiD meire civilization, coz its small sized game and also war-based game...which i don't prefer... thanks in Advance

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Batman: Australian Currency, the riddles in AA were actually riddles in AC you just look for the things that are distinctive and try scanning them.

But the physical/gadget puzzles are great. 66% done with riddler, I think most of what I have left is cat woman stuff. Which means less flying :(
    Quote Originally Posted by captin nemo View Post
    just i want to ask what do you think is the best strategy game when it comes to Building a city, with its economy, people, roads...and i hope it have the best graphics, makes you feel you are running a real great country, not just some houses near each other... and i hope you don't tell me SiD meire civilization, coz its small sized game and also war-based game...which i don't prefer... thanks in Advance
    I know they're not "city builders" as such but Sid Meier's Colonisation (or the civ 4 engine remake) and Settlers 2(or the 10th anniversary remake) are my favourite "town building" games, both are heavy on logistics, the wood must be brought to the building site, the food to the hungry people and the soldiers stationed where they can react to invaders.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 14-12-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

hey guys i'm new here and Thank God there are people who love games like you exist on that damn planet :D
    You're talkin' about city-builders, son. SimCity 4 would be the best of the lot but might be a little too intimidating if you're not really good at micromanagement and economics. Tropico 3 is great if you want to run a beautiful island/city/tiny carribean country. Anno 2070 is also worth a shot but I never played it, so I can't tell you much about it
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    Actually, they're not all that bad. I play on a laptop too (have to move constantly, so desktop is not an option for me), and I got a pretty good one for 500€. Acer Aspire 5742G, Intel Core i5-480M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (1Gb), 8Gb RAM... I know it's not perfect, but I can play most new games without having to recur to low settings.
    I've generally been fairly impressed with mine. It's fairly old now, but it still handles more than I would have expected (like Skyrim on mostly high settings). The main problem with mine is often the 5400rpm HD, I think.

My desktop died a year ago and I can't afford a new one, so the laptop is all I have.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Zeus is probably my favourite http://www.gog.com/gamecard/zeus_poseidon

It depends what you're lookign for though. The thing I like best about the genre you mention is the sense of growth and community and planning, the sort of model village effect, Zeus is brilliant at that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    What about SimCity games ?

Played a bit of Game of Thrones RPG.
    It's amazing how awful the voice acting is. It's the "I'M READING... THIS... FROM... A... PIECE OF... PAPER" kind of bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Played a bit of Game of Thrones RPG.
    It's amazing how awful the voice acting is. It's the "I'M READING... THIS... FROM... A... PIECE OF... PAPER" kind of bad.
    It must be a bit immersion breaking to have the actors describe what they're doing rather than reading from the script

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I read in allot of reviews that story in Game Of Thrones RPG is quite good,and gameplay after some time when you get used to it,becomes much better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I read in allot of reviews that story in Game Of Thrones RPG is quite good,and gameplay after some time when you get used to it,becomes much better.
    Heh, then it is just like the books.

Horribly awkward dialogue, the same cliche'd pattern over and over ("I am going to actually try and do something remotely right for once. Oh noes, my former ally has betrayed me and now I am dead/disfigured/exhiled!"), and an unnecessarily grimdark atmosphere that, if tolerated for long enough, reveals a pretty decent overall plot.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Thanks Guys for replying to me ... i played age of Empires III but it was ... umm, small game..you feel it is small.
    the best one i played when it comes to city building was the Settlers ... indeed its a good "city-builder" type of games...but still its war stuff is so naive..and its graphics are so simple... i'm downloading now "anno 1404" what do you think about it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Batman: Australian Currency, the riddles in AA were actually riddles in AC you just look for the things that are distinctive and try scanning them.

I have everything 100% in the campaign and the Harley DLC, only thing left to do is completing NG+ and the Riddler Combat challenges but I'm afraid that's near impossible.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    edit: sorry for the double post, forum did some weird things.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Obscure Node
    i love stuff of micromanagement and economics, no worries about that. i'm going to try SimCity 4 as your recommend. and i'm also downloading anno 1404 based on many recommendations ... Thanks