Page 531 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 314314815215295305315325335415816311031 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,620 of 20984
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Been playing both FTL and Super Hexagon. I don't know where I got this itch to play games that hate you finishing them from, but it's here.

I've gotten to the last stage of FTL (I think). When I was told what to do next I wanted to be able to shoot the guy giving the orders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Playing various server forums for GW2.

Decided to convince a forum mod to capitulate by posting only in haikus until my demands were met. Well, they were met eight hours ago, but I kinda like posting everything in haikus. The limitations force creativity in overcoming or circumventing the limitations, sorta like being able to draw only dicks. Soon, you'll be painting the Venus de Milo using millions of tiny penii. You'll see the world through phallic-colored lenses!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Played through Hotline Miami. The best thing involving animal masks since The Sound of Animals Fighting.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think I broke the first Human Resources boss fight. He just stood in the middle of the room shooting and not moving, making life extremely easy.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    My mate came over so we started League Mode in PES,we created manager and picked Lazio. So first match waas against Milan,which is quite good you know and we managed to end game with 4-4.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Tazer gun > Tranq Rifle
    Elbow blades > tazer gun

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Max Upgraded Typhoon Exploding Metal Balls System > everything else

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I've decided my next game will be DE:HR. Is there anything I should know before starting?
    Advanced hacking: try attacking multiple nodes at once as a high-risk, high-reward method.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Screw FTL. I was having a good time with it but the last stand thing is bull. Spoilers and possible swearing from here out.

Seriously, I blew up the rebels flag ship, I saw it blow up. It had zero HP left. I was on about 3 hp, my cockpit was on fire, my droid control was breached, my door control was on fire and damaged, my med bay was in the red and breached, my cloak was damaged, my weapons were damaged and I was out of rockets. I managed to get 3 mantis across while pounding their systems and took out three guns, then blew their ship up with one last laser blast. I lost 4 crew members, one died trying to repair the droid room that was void of oxygen, the other 3 mantis were on the rebel ship when it blew up. IT BLEW UP!!! So what happens? Grats you win! No, the ship apparently just scootered away and I've to fight it again, this time with it beeming droids onto my ship because apparently I only managed to blow up one of its weapons? No, that shit doesn't flow. The game is random enough to remove some of the fun, but pulling a dick move like that right at the end is utter bollox in my opinion.

Needless to say, I don't think I'll be returning to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Screw FTL. I was having a good time with it but the last stand thing is bull. Spoilers and possible swearing from here out.
    Extra spoilers incoming, don't read if you haven't beaten the game, but that's not all Jesus_Phish, for you see...

He pulls it off again. That's right, you have to fight it -3- times.

It truly is the most hideous thing about an otherwise very enjoyable game.

Sounds like it was your first time and you ragequitted. Your ship simply wasn't strong enough and as a general rule you need to pay more attention to your crew's safety. Let it cool off and try again, you might not be that far from winning.

I should be close to finishing Waking Mars: the whole idea is cool on paper, but the damn mechanics IMo simply don't cut it. And the game is way overlong for the limited amount of stuff that's on display.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Max Upgraded Typhoon Exploding Metal Balls System > everything else
    Throwing vending machines > Max Upgraded Typhoon Exploding Metal Balls System

Playing Far Cry 2. 11 hours in and the game says I've finished 16%. It's fun, but it's possible things will get a bit too repetitive, like the first time I played it; the missions are rather similar.
    There's a lot to like in that game, though.

Also, is your first buddy scripted to die? I did the oasis mission with him and healed him the first time he went down, but the moment I got the 'mission completed' message he fell over and even though he was groaning (while lying completely still on his stomach) the game didn't allow me to heal him again.

I've just started Far Cry 3, and I can tell from the first few hours that I'm going to be playing this a lot over the next few weeks.

So far it feels like a mashup between Far Cry 1 and Far Cry 2, and it appears to have taken the best bits from both games. (Like spotting from FC1 and the safehouses from FC2). Hopefully it will stay that way. I still am in love with the African setting from Far Cry 2 though; 'tropical island' just feels a tad cliched to me, although it looks amazing.

I'm nearing the 100-hour playtime mark in Natural Selection 2, so it's probably my most played game this year, and definitely my favourite multiplayer one.

It's easy to become impatient waiting for updates/bug fixes for this game, but I have to keep reminding myself that there are only a handful of people working on it; and it's incredible that they've actually managed to get this far with the game at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How does sacrifice play ?
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

@Similar

No. Your guys aren't scripted to die while you have them as a buddy. If they get killed on a mission then that's it, they're dead.

There is a moment halfway though the game though, that has an effect on your buddies up to that point, but it's part of a main mission, and you'll know it when you see it - if you get that far ;)

@Jesus_Phish

I totally agree with you, since the exact same thing happened to me in FTL. I really hate when games pull that kind of bullshit.

Obscure Node
    Just tried out the Iron Sky: Invasion demo on Steam. A fairly simple space combat game with space-Nazi's and FMV cut scenes straight out of Westwood. I never saw the film but based on the trailers I saw at the time, seems to be hitting the same notes.

The ship controls seem fine and it's got some energy management (switch between shields/weapons/afterburner).

Looks like it's not available in all regions but downloaded in the UK this morning. It's on sale now but I think I'd probably wait for the price to go down a bit more before I was interested in buying it outright.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    @Similar

No. Your guys aren't scripted to die while you have them as a buddy. If they get killed on a mission then that's it, they're dead.

There is a moment halfway though the game though, that has an effect on your buddies up to that point, but it's part of a main mission, and you'll know it when you see it - if you get that far ;)
    Thanks. aw, then I could have saved him.

The response to his death from the Indian guy (I imagine you don't always get the same buddies, but I have the Indian this time) was just so well made that it made me think the whole thing was scripted, as a kind of discrete 'this is how the buddy system works' tutorial.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I think I broke the first Human Resources boss fight. He just stood in the middle of the room shooting and not moving, making life extremely easy.
    That happened to me as well once. It's not too hard even if it works right, but it's not at all interesting so you didn't miss much.

In case you're interested in the second boss fight. SPOILER ahead: Get the EMP protection.