Page 533 of 1135 FirstFirst ... 334334835235315325335345355435836331033 ... LastLast
Results 10,641 to 10,660 of 22694
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Then I started on Waking Mars, which is enjoyable so far.
    I liked (most) characters and the story has a definite AC Clarke ring to it which is good, the idea of building an ecosystem is very attractive, looked like one of those games you either click with at once or you never will.

Finished it yesterday BTW, turned out I was just about 20 minutes from the end.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    Have you been to the [spoiler]Iron Throne building[/spoiler] already?

There's a decent walkthrough on Mike's RPG Center which tells you how to proceed without giving away too much in terms of the plot. I agree that most of the sidequests in Baldur's Gate are fairly inconsequential and uninteresting. Some of them give you decent items though, so you might still consider doing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    If you are told to go back to CK then you are pretty much done with sidequesting (unless you actually skipped a lot of stuff and you might also have Tosc content to do). Follow Fiddle's advice. you will get the book as reward from a guy who gave you the quest..
    Thanks for the tips. I've been trying to avoid resorting to a walkthrough in an attempt to retain a purer (in my mind) experience, but i think i might have to just suck up my pride. I haven't actually been to Ulgoth's Beard yet at all - It's greyed out on the map and i have no idea how to get there, so i probably should get on that before progressing the main plot anyway.

Who was it that decided to include mandatory gymkhana trials in Dirt 3 and CAN I STRANGLE THEM

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I liked (most) characters and the story has a definite AC Clarke ring to it which is good, the idea of building an ecosystem is very attractive, looked like one of those games you either click with at once or you never will.

Finished it yesterday BTW, turned out I was just about 20 minutes from the end.
    Starting the game now gives me a BSOD. Fuck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So I'm intermittently playing through Halo 1 on Legendary.

It's really, really hard. As in, "Fuck this shit, I'm out of here" hard. Worse still I've got 1/3 through this particular level (Truth and Reconciliation) and I've reached a check-point with only one bar of health, so basically whenever my shields go down, I'm instantly dead. ARGH.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Playing Silent Storm for the first time,very enjoyable turn based game,before that i tried Kings Bounty and i didn't liked it.

Plus PEs2013 of course :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    So I'm intermittently playing through Halo 1 on Legendary.

It's really, really hard. As in, "Fuck this shit, I'm out of here" hard. Worse still I've got 1/3 through this particular level (Truth and Reconciliation) and I've reached a check-point with only one bar of health, so basically whenever my shields go down, I'm instantly dead. ARGH.
    I always found with Halo 1 that I played far better when my health flashed red, just because I knew I was fucked otherwise. Legendary can be pretty brutal, beat Legendary coop in Halo 1,2&3 on the 360 but not sure I'd bother in SP. Haven't tried in the later games as they seem to have gone the route of linking difficulty to number of grenades thrown at you. Halo 3 was pretty bad for this but from what I've seen of Reach Legendary it's gotten insane.
    Although the single most annoying part of Legendary in all the Halo games is just how bullet spongy certain enemies become.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I don't know if it's they become spongey or you literally can't spend enough time out in the open to kill them. Anyway, 4 is much harder than 3 or Reach, but I don't think grenades are a problem.
    steam: sketch

My abiding memories of Halo 2 Legendary are having to perfectly coordinate with my coop partner to bring down gold elites - one of us uses a battle rifle clip to take down his shield. the other uses a clip to kill him (requiring mostly head shots). While those guys aren't easy on Normal or Heroic, it took the absolute piss on Legendary. Fully charged plasma pistol shots were the key to beating it. I'd say Halo 2 was easily the hardest out of the three when played on the highest difficulty with no skulls.

Are you sure? I'd say 3 was the hardest, with the new and improved brutes. Reach on Heroic was extremely difficult even, as was ODST.

Like I said, I haven't tried on Reach or ODST. I finished my undergrad and went seperate ways with my coop partner, haven't had time or opportunity since. Much as I would love to try them myself I don't think they'd be as much fun solo as ultra-hard setting tend to put me off. Fun in coop because you have a buddy to drink with or to respawn you (unless it's Halo 2 where if one of you died it was game over).

The only bad levels of H3 were Cortana and Tsavo(?) Highway, the latter of which sucked if you lost a vehicle just before a checkpoint. Cortana was a massive pain because of those Flood types which can run up walls and deploy into some kind of sniper/carbine platform, and take a shittonne of bullets to kill. The brutes were nothing in that game, I had killing them down to a fine art and didn't need a gun most of the time.

Banned
    I wish they'd port all of the Halo games onto PC. I dislike console FPS controls and couldn't sit down and only play the first couple of games in a series.

Like Dirt 3 did earlier this afternoon, Syndicate: The FPS will now be getting the boot for crimes against my patience. Despite there never having been a good boss battle in the entire history of the medium, some silly goose at Starbreeze decided to include several of them in here. As if it weren't already on pretty thin ice.

Boss battles are the mandatory gymkhana trials of non-driving games.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Like I said, I haven't tried on Reach or ODST. I finished my undergrad and went seperate ways with my coop partner, haven't had time or opportunity since. Much as I would love to try them myself I don't think they'd be as much fun solo as ultra-hard setting tend to put me off. Fun in coop because you have a buddy to drink with or to respawn you (unless it's Halo 2 where if one of you died it was game over).

The only bad levels of H3 were Cortana and Tsavo(?) Highway, the latter of which sucked if you lost a vehicle just before a checkpoint. Cortana was a massive pain because of those Flood types which can run up walls and deploy into some kind of sniper/carbine platform, and take a shittonne of bullets to kill. The brutes were nothing in that game, I had killing them down to a fine art and didn't need a gun most of the time.
    Yes Cortana was bad, although I managed to sort of get a strategy for that level, but I always struggled in the Crows Next mission where you have to fight through hoards of Brutes, and one of them has a hammer. It's very difficult. But if you ever do find someone, play Reach and ODST, they are very fun and the Vidmaster achievement is so great when you finally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Yes Cortana was bad, although I managed to sort of get a strategy for that level, but I always struggled in the Crows Next mission where you have to fight through hoards of Brutes, and one of them has a hammer. It's very difficult. But if you ever do find someone, play Reach and ODST, they are very fun and the Vidmaster achievement is so great when you finally get it.
    Will do, one day; one glorious day. That part of Crows Nest was definitely tricky but only really because of Hammer Guy and his invincibility. I actually found the section with the Bugs harder in that level just because gamepad controls make precision firing tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    I wish they'd port all of the Halo games onto PC. I dislike console FPS controls and couldn't sit down and only play the first couple of games in a series.
    We can only hope 343 will start porting them. I'm sure it would be worth their while as, although many PC gamers will claim otherwise, the Halo games are truer to the old type of FPS than so many released today.

I've mostly been on a GoG fix in the past few days, Startopia being one of the goldens, but just now picked up Sacrifice (Loved it back on release, seeing you guys talk about it bought back fond memories and it still holds up today gameplay wise), Giants: Citizen Kabuto (Absolutely MUST have for sheer comic value alone), Little Big Adventure (Another young-teen favourite of mine).

Looks like I'm set for the next week :)
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I only played Halo 2 at a friend's place before 3 came out. I can't remember if I did it on Normal or Heroic, probably the former. That said, I don't think I'd want to play 2 on Legendary, if I ever had a chance. It's the least fun of the campaigns I've played (1-3 + Reach...+ Wars). I did play 3 co-op Legendary after I'd already beaten it on Heroic. There were plenty of ways to abuse it though, so it wasn't overtly hard. They changed that with Reach though as the more players there were, the harder the enemies. That said, I did complete that on Heroic once, then did solo Legendary. It was very satisfying to complete, I'll tell you that much. You were practically relying on the plasma pistol and the pistol/BR/anything with a heavy calibre. I'm doing the same now in 1 (I have already beaten it before, several times, I just wanted to beat it for Legendary's sake). I believe harder difficulties up damage taken and increase enemy health only so much, whilst on Legendary the AI actually gets a boost, so they're more likely to dodge, try and flank etc.

I really enjoyed Reach's campaign and I'd generally agree with the levels regarding 3; Cortana showed up those annoying bullet-sponge Flood types and Tsavo Highway just felt really uninspired. That said, I thought the first half of the game was a little lacking and the second half to be excellent (double Scarab fight?!). Then you had Reach's Firefight which was just supremely fun. Its customisation was fantastic and you could do so much with it. I've said it before, but I would really love it if the Halo games were ported to the PC. I think you're right, Casimir Effect, that they do play like the older types of FPS. It even shows in the MP, which is one of the few remaining bastions of fastish paced arena style play.

Still, I got past that road bump in Truth and Reconciliation. Didn't notice a health pack laying on the ground in the middle of the area, so I feel a bit dim. Also, it's so wonderful to go into the Covenant ship and be greeted by such alien colours and designs. I mean they're still corridors, but they do seem utterly different. As boring as the metal grey boxes that are the halls in Pillar of Autumn, they serve as a great juxtaposition to the variety of colours and shapes in Covenant (and then Forerunner) locations.

Also, I feel your pain Oak. I hated the gymkhana stuff in DiRT3. I ultimately abandoned the game, which was a shame as I was really looking forward to it.