Page 539 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 394394895295375385395405415495896391039 ... LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,780 of 22758
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    The special ending was pretty cool huh? Although I can't imagine the people back on Earth would have been happy to find out that months before they arrived
    I already saw the ending on youtube but playing it myself is much better, the story is pretty nice and reminds me of Rama a bit, although, I must say, when Amani was caught lying, that got my hopes up that there was some dark (human) design behind the whole story.

Now I'm just one teeny tiny thing away from 100%-ing (is that a verb?) the game on Steam (my actual in-game completion is a bit shy of 108%), need to find about magma suppression, any hint?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Arkham Asylum is sitting at 98% completion, and I'm debating if I should push it. I've never been one for caring about 100%, but right now it's a matter of pride. On the other hand, I'm feeling nauseous out of pure rage. Reaching the las wave of Shock and Awe with 31000 points only to fail to finish on time is probably my most frustrating experiance in gaming.
    The combat challenges are one big frustration indeed, dudes with stunsticks and shields especially. Which campaign percentage do you need to complete for the 100%?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Just finished a mission and only the Lieutenant is back from Pretoria. I was bringing my Support to heal my Assault guy and they shot the former dead first. Aliens are dicks, you know that?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    The combat challenges are one big frustration indeed, dudes with stunsticks and shields especially. Which campaign percentage do you need to complete for the 100%?
    Campaign? all done, not a single riddle left unanswered, I only have two combat challenges left.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Am now a Commander in GW2 WvW, so now there's a blue dot on the map every time I'm in a zone that says "Commander Nalano," and with it zerglings gravitate to me because they assume I must know what I'm doing.

It's great for the ego, especially when nine fights out of ten, the winner is the person who brought more people. Run the zerglings to a supply camp, run the zerglings to a tower, take credit for sieging the tower. Rinse, repeat for internet points.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Silent Storm,its so awesome because you can destroy anything haha,really neat turn based game :3

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Silent Storm,its so awesome because you can destroy anything haha,really neat turn based game :3
    It really is special and it's a great shame it never got any proper sequels. Or at least inspired more turn based games with the same attention to detail.

I'm still on Far Cry 2. I think I'm nearing the end and things are getting more difficult, especially due to many enemy jeeps and boats now having .50 MGs and those semi-automatic grenade launchers, so they need to be taken out very quickly (the M79 is good for that, though). On the other hand, it does mean that I have those grenade launchers too, which means I can sit back and flatten control posts instead of having to get up close (but I do anyway, if only to throw molotovs everywhere and watch the fireworks).

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I already saw the ending on youtube but playing it myself is much better, the story is pretty nice and reminds me of Rama a bit, although, I must say, when Amani was caught lying, that got my hopes up that there was some dark (human) design behind the whole story.

Now I'm just one teeny tiny thing away from 100%-ing (is that a verb?) the game on Steam (my actual in-game completion is a bit shy of 108%), need to find about magma suppression, any hint?
    If you want to cool magma, you need more than one drop on a hot plate.

Speaking of completion, have you completed the research for the megazoa? That was the only entry I had incomplete, but I didn't bother to chase after it further.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Never sure if things like this deserve their own thread so, seeing as at least one person here must be playing an Obisidan game, here's a link to an interesting Kotaku (sorry) interview with Feargus Urquhart http://kotaku.com/5968952/the-knight...ing-games-ever.

Finished Trine 2, I'll be looking to pick up the Goblin Menace DLC as soon as it gets properly discounted. This game is positively amazing and most of my complaints are really minor stuff. It does get a bit frustrating in the second half, but I guess that's expected when you're looking to pick up every single experience orb (a feat I couldn't pull it off on all levels first time anyway), and you suck as a player.

I should probably go through it all at least once more, because I was so absorbed in my compulsive search for shiny little blue thingies that I hardly stopped often enough to contemplate how fantastic the game looked. Then again, I'm sure I'll be compulsively looking for the one I missed. My sssshiiiny ...lil ...blue... treasssuresssssss...
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just tried Space Marine demo on steam and i have a feeling the whole game is like this,buuuu.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Just tried Space Marine demo on steam and i have a feeling the whole game is like this,buuuu.
    It is. The battles get a lot more fun and... chaotic... but it is the same gameplay from start to finish.

But if, like me, you found the assault portions crap, you have a jump pack very rarely.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah Space Marine demo is essentially what the whole game is like. It's great in bite sized chunks, I finished and enjoyed it, but couldn't play for maybe more than two hours at a time.

Goddammit! That's it! Next time, when I get to my first terror mission, I'm sending out robots. Fuck you, Chryssalids. Just, fuck you.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Yeah, the Space Marine campaign is definitely derivative. In one sense, I recommend playing it on Easy so that you can feel like you're super-powered, on the other hand I could recommend playing it on Hard so you have the challenge of managing your health to keep you interested. Incidentally, I'd say the game's best feature is its multiplayer, which I think it under-rated. Surprisingly well balanced, pretty damn fun. This goes more than double for the co-op horde mode, which is stonkingly great fun.