Page 540 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 404404905305385395405415425505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,800 of 24073
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I need to stop doing these,i'm playing PES 2013 for quite some time then few days ago i tried Silent Storm which is really great game and today SimCity 4 which is so much fun! Now i'm divided buuhuh :'(

Shush about PES2013! Your testimonies got me to purchase it and the end result for me was weeping that we can't have such a well-made (In comparison) game based on sports that actually interest me :(

Nothing wrong with PES2013 per-se except that the subject matter still doesn't appeal to me.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Why did you bought football simulation if you don't like the sport xD

Otherwise try Become A Legend mode,maybe you'll like it. Its like RPG,you even create your character and after some time he level up and becomes better,you can also buy new skills and shit like that. At start you get trown at some shitty club,but then after some time you can sign for little bit better clubs and then a little bit better club when at the end when you are beast,you play main AMF for Bayern :p haha

I created myself,Marko Ilič (M.Ilič in game) and i picked up position CF (Center forward),so at the beginning i was trown in to Heracles Olmelo(Dutch league,Eredivisie). Now i signed up for Nice which play's in Ligue 1 (Main french league) and they offered me one year and half contract,they are counting on me as their main key to getting better results,feels good. Right now i'm overall 68.

At conference for Nice club.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I'm still waiting for a baseketball game with the quality of PES/FIFA. :(
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Finished Far Cry 2 in 47 hours. The story is a bit confused, but they get major points for trying something different. It's a shame Ubisoft has such shitty practices with DRM and UPlay and such (and in-game ads in a paid-for game? Granted, I only saw one that worked (for some value of 'worked'; it was a US thing), but still, what the fuck?) because they do make interesting games at times.

Otherwise I think my only major criticism is actually Too Much Travel. I didn't really mind that all the missions are practically the same, go there, kill someone/destroy something, because you can do it in a lot of different ways and it somehow fits the game well enough.
    Lots of excellent voice acting, better than average AI, even if flawed, interesting setting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I'm still waiting for a baseketball game with the quality of PES/FIFA. :(

Here you go.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/nba-2k13-review/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I'm going to wait it out for The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Too Much Travel.
    So, how were your encounters with That Prick With A Mortar On An Island In The Southern Part Of The Lake On The Second Map? That guy is my most hated video game character bar none, as he should be for anyone who relied on the waterways in that game. That noise, that yellow smoke, then the explosions. I hate that man.

FC2 is my favourite FPS, but I wish it could have had another year of developement and some more bravery behind it to really push the story by including factions and non-combatents. I say bravery because including civilians in an African setting (especially in a a game by a French developer/publisher) could have unleashed a shitstorm that would make the Resident Evil 5 one look like an episode of Sesame Street.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Why did you bought football simulation if you don't like the sport xD

Otherwise try Become A Legend mode,maybe you'll like it.
    It was your testimonies of this mode that led me to buy it, and don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic mode that I DO enjoy. My only gripe is that I do not enjoy the sport :)

So my point was, I don't regret the purchase purely for this mode, I only hope that one day some company can replicate this mode in as much detail for a sport I enjoy! (Rugby League being the main preference that I actually play, but seeing as the audience for that is a VERY small percentile of the world, the chances of that happening are next to none.) As I've said in another thread (or even this one) I have designs to make a real-time future sport game (of the vein of Speedball/2/Blood Bowl in Real time/Dead Ball Zone) with similar modes.

To other threads I go to seek a fellow(read: better) programmer!
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    So, how were your encounters with That Prick With A Mortar On An Island In The Southern Part Of The Lake On The Second Map? That guy is my most hated video game character bar none, as he should be for anyone who relied on the waterways in that game. That noise, that yellow smoke, then the explosions. I hate that man.

FC2 is my favourite FPS, but I wish it could have had another year of developement and some more bravery behind it to really push the story by including factions and non-combatents. I say bravery because including civilians in an African setting (especially in a a game by a French developer/publisher) could have unleashed a shitstorm that would make the Resident Evil 5 one look like an episode of Sesame Street.
    Factions and civilians do play a part for the story, though in small parts like that 'twist'.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    hehe. Me too, he very nearly killed me numerous times and I had plans for a gruesome revenge, but I never even spotted him.

Also, I never figured out how the mortar worked. All I seemed to get was smoke. Should probably check the wiki.

Agreed. The setting has so much potential and they already went pretty far with the main character being a Really Not Very Nice Guy At All, Mostly, but then they didn't take it far enough.
    It's a shame they called it Far Cry because that makes it difficult to make a sequel (Far Cry 3 is more of a sequel to Far Cry 1, from what I've read).

Quote Originally Posted by MadJax View Post
    It was your testimonies of this mode that led me to buy it, and don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic mode that I DO enjoy. My only gripe is that I do not enjoy the sport :)

So my point was, I don't regret the purchase purely for this mode, I only hope that one day some company can replicate this mode in as much detail for a sport I enjoy! (Rugby League being the main preference that I actually play, but seeing as the audience for that is a VERY small percentile of the world, the chances of that happening are next to none.) As I've said in another thread (or even this one) I have designs to make a real-time future sport game (of the vein of Speedball/2/Blood Bowl in Real time/Dead Ball Zone) with similar modes.

To other threads I go to seek a fellow(read: better) programmer!

Oh then i wish you best luck! :D

Otherwise..can't get used to new club in france,they play long ball so its chaotic during the match..Only scored 5 goals in 9 matches,we are now on 14 place instead on 17th,at least that.

Activated Node
    I am playing the download game!

With the sales on iTunes and GoG, I have been constantly downloading and the steam sale has yet to start. /crys

45 minutes into Snapshot and I'm already frustrated to the point of quitting. This game is quite horrible in giving you the possibility to recover from your mistakes. Failed a jump halfway through the level? Now you're stuck, all objects are out of range and you have to restart. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Far Cry 3 is more of a sequel to Far Cry 1, from what I've read
    No. I disagree with that. I'm currently about halfway through Far Cry 3 and I feel it has a good mix from both games, but more FC2 than FC1. (And I'm a huge fan of Far Cry 2). If you're talking purely story and location, then yes, but mechanically it's more FC2 at heart.

There's stuff like the spotting mechanic and the tropical island setting that feel like FC1, but everything else like the combat, safehouses, driving and health system feel very much FC2.

Weapon degradation, malaria and the 'buddy' system are gone, but there's the new stuff like crafting and hunting which slot in very neatly alongside everything else. Stealth is vastly improved, you can actually use foliage to break line of sight and there's an indicator to let you know if you're visible or not.

I can honestly recommend this to anyone who liked Far Cry 2, and for those who didn't (and were most likely put off by the respawning checkpoints), it's now possible to stop enemies from spawning by taking over an outpost, meaning you're free to travel uninterrupted through regions you've liberated. Also there's friendly AI that help engage enemies in battle, and hostile wildlife that join in the fun from time to time as well!

It's one of my games of the year, and also one of the best shooters I've ever played.
    Last edited by airtekh; 20-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Starting my Pacifist run in Dishono(u)red and after a few reloads, I managed to escape the prison unscatched and undetected. Let's try 'killing' Campbell without anyone spotting me.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I can honestly recommend this to anyone who liked Far Cry 2
    I don't know, man. I loved the shit out of 2 but when I played FarCry 3, there's just something that just puts me off while I play this. I have no idea what. It's probably the guy I'm playing. Whiny bastard.
    Last edited by Voon; 20-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Network Hub
    Last night i finished Primordia. Brilliant game, although not the best puzzles Wadjet has to offer, many of them had me stuck at actually finding the damn elements to put together, games with a resolution this low should NOT be hinged around being able to spot something obtuse. The other problem i had with the puzzles was a general lack of clues other than asking your side kick (crispin) to point you in the right direction, which felt like cheating and therefore made me feel less of a genius when i did solve the problem. Imo point and clicks should lead you gently with visual, verbal and narrative driven clues subtly, rather than sighing disappointedly and shoving your head at the solution.

Puzzles aside the world is absolutely stunning. Despite the low res, the art direction is top notch, the limited colour palette really works within the games context, and everything is lovingly rendered. But what really makes the games is its cast of characters. Most have an arch over the course of the game and all have been brought to life with believable well acted dialogue. Horriato is the star of the show with character depth rarely seen in video games, he’s a brilliant protagonist.

I also ran through Captain Scarletts Pirate Booty Borderland 2 dlc with universal hampster, we’ll be starting the Torgue campaign soon and are looking for a few more player to add to the party. Steam name is Tom4J.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    So. Much. Soccer.

Here, for a change of pace, a gross misuse of war materiel:

Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm making a mission a day on Stranger's wrath. It's got a lot of great things going for it, but I don't think it's good for big sittings.
    Ive decided to not 100% Arkham Asylum, 98% will have to do, the last two freeflow challenges are too frustrating, so now I'm installing Batman: Aircraft Carrier.

Activated Node
    I decided to beat every mission in Orcs Must Die 2! Then I realized that would be hard, I have thus resorted to just enjoying it in my occasional breaks from Dota 2 (which has sucked up that last four weeks of my life). :)

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I don't know, man. I loved the shit out of 2 but when I played FarCry 3, there's just something that just puts me off while I play this. I have no idea what. It's probably the guy I'm playing. Whiny bastard.
    See this is where I get my wires crossed when discussing games with other people. Personally, I mentally block out anything to do with characters and story, since I mostly don't care about that stuff.

My chief concern is with gameplay, So whenever I'm babbling about how great Far Cry 3 is, it's purely the gameplay mechanics I'm on about.