Page 541 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 414414915315395405415425435515916411041 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 22726
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I don't know, man. I loved the shit out of 2 but when I played FarCry 3, there's just something that just puts me off while I play this. I have no idea what. It's probably the guy I'm playing. Whiny bastard.
    See this is where I get my wires crossed when discussing games with other people. Personally, I mentally block out anything to do with characters and story, since I mostly don't care about that stuff.

My chief concern is with gameplay, So whenever I'm babbling about how great Far Cry 3 is, it's purely the gameplay mechanics I'm on about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I'm making a mission a day on Stranger's wrath. It's got a lot of great things going for it, but I don't think it's good for big sittings.
    Ive decided to not 100% Arkham Asylum, 98% will have to do, the last two freeflow challenges are too frustrating, so now I'm installing Batman: Aircraft Carrier.
    Oh wait a minute, I thought you were playing B:AC, I never 100%'ed B:AA. :P
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Oh wait a minute, I thought you were playing B:AC, I never 100%'ed B:AA. :P
    TBH, AA was kinda brutal, AC gives you so many toys that if you are good with them you can clean up most fights, 100% AA is probably the hardest task.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-12-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    currently enjoying the dungeonland beta. quite a nice little game.

4 hours in Portal 2 (world^H^H^H^H^Hyear's end is closing in!) - a bit underwhelmed so far.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    TBH, AA was kinda brutal, AC gives you so many toys that if you are good with them you can clean up most fights, 100% AA is probably the hardest task.
    The worst part is that the ceiling I've reached on difficulty has been put there on a completetely arbitrtary and unfair way.
    "oh, you've learned how to play with our mechanics? Well, here, have a 40 second time limit. Also, see this other challenge? you need almost double the points than for any other, and its got 3 titan fights. LOL"

Well, wer'e off to a great fucking start with Batman: Aspiring Chef. For some god-damned reason there isn't an option to change the language, so I'm being forced to fiddle with some stuff to make it be on english (even though I have steam set to put every game on english). What if I don't want Joker's shitty spanish voice? what if I want to hear mark hamill?

Well, wer'e off to a great fucking start with Batman: Aspiring Chef. For some god-damned reason there isn't an option to change the language, so I'm being forced to fiddle with some stuff to make it be on english (even though I have steam set to put every game on english). What if I don't want Joker's shitty spanish voice? what if I want to hear mark hamill?
    Maybe it's an issue with your computer language settings.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Nope, it's an issue with the game not featuring the options it should (not even on the steam properties).
    Also, now that I've managed to put it on english it decides to crash as soon as that mural painting on the start of the game renders. Fucking A.

Nope, it's an issue with the game not featuring the options it should (not even on the steam properties).
    Also, now that I've managed to put it on english it decides to crash as soon as that mural painting on the start of the game renders. Fucking A.
    Found on steam forums.

- Edit Launcher.ini located in Steam\SteamApps\common\batman2\BmGame\Config folder- Search for [Launcher.CultureMap] section
    - Put a semi-colon before each line in this section except "default=Int" and "en=Int". This section should now looks like:
    Code:
    default=Int
    en=Int
    ;fr=Fra
    ;it=Ita
    ;de=Deu
    ;es=Esn
    ;es-MX=Esm
    ;pl=Pol
    ;ru=Rus
    ;pt=Por
    - Save the file

Now your launcher and the game are in english.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Penultimate level of Sacrifice was a ramp up in difficulty. Two enemy wizards, one Stratos-based and the other Pyro; fuckall souls for me initially and put under attack immediately after opening cutscene by Stratos-wizard who had troops ready summoned; accidentally guardianed my Hellmouth (5-soul beastie) to my altar; got caught in many, many tornados; Pyro-wizard loved his Warmonger, I fucking hate Warmongers; hit a scripted trap early on which surrounded my then meagre force with Yetis and Flurrys.

But after 60mins of intense fighting and 30mins of steamroller-ing I had the victory, so now it's time to bring the noise to Marduk (he is going to fucking destroy me) and finally beat the game after all these years. I'm going to need the Rocky soundtrack on loop for this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Having great fun with Blacklight: Retribution. Quite the nice online FPS! A brief first stint of this game excepted, I haven't really actively played this genre online since the days of Call of Duty 2 and I'm kinda wondering why. 'Because WoW', I guess!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Having great fun with Blacklight: Retribution. Quite the nice online FPS! A brief first stint of this game excepted, I haven't really actively played this genre online since the days of Call of Duty 2 and I'm kinda wondering why. 'Because WoW', I guess!
    It got high praise at destructoid because it was a good example of how good free online games can exist.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    World is still here and I completed Shogun! Double bonus. Now exhausted though.

Well.

I gave Snapshot a second and third chance, but no deal. Skipping a level brought the same frustration as the previous one. This game desperately needs a time-rewinding mechanic.

Closure provides more entertainment, as it utilises its base mechanic very well. Though I quit on a level with rolling boulders that was way too dependent on chance.

The Binding of Isaac is not the game for me. I could tell as much from the demo, and the full game doesn't sway me either.

TB was not exaggerating when he said Shank 2 didn't play well on m&kb.

This bundle is not one of my best purchases, to put it mildly. On the other hand, I'm enjoying Mark of the Ninja much more after this.

er, I seem to have just started a new game of Far Cry 2... I guess I was missing Africa already.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    See this is where I get my wires crossed when discussing games with other people. Personally, I mentally block out anything to do with characters and story, since I mostly don't care about that stuff.

My chief concern is with gameplay, So whenever I'm babbling about how great Far Cry 3 is, it's purely the gameplay mechanics I'm on about.
    I try to mentally block that out as well. But now I realise that I think the crafting part of the game kinda puts me off more than Jason. It probably make sense that the game requires me to craft my own stuff like gun pouches or medicine rather than buying them off from a shop but that kinda feels like a bummer to me. Or I'm probably just too lazy to hunt down komodo dragons.

That said, the shooting in this game is much smoother and the stealthing elements and takedowns are much better than FC2. If anything else, it's more of the same as it's predecessor.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

@Voon

It does feel more like Far Cry 2.5, I'll give you that; but I do think that the enhancements (like the stealth, the corner-lean, outpost, and wildlife mechanics) make it a better game than it's predecessor.

I'm really enjoying it, and honestly the only thing I miss from Far Cry 2 is the African setting.

I'm surprised you don't like the hunting; for the first couple of hours in the game, the hunting was all I did! It feels very different and fresh to me. The Hunter's Instinct syringe and the 'double damage to animals' one are incredibly useful when going after some precious skins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Just started FarCry 3 as well, while finishing off Sacrifice. I'm with the people who dislike the hunting, mainly as it's just a crafting system (and worse, pretty much a non-optional crafting system) and those are not for me. I can see the game is going to be lots of fun once I have all the things that I would have liked to start with (like being able to carry more than one weapon) but I resent having to put several hours into the game to search for wildlife in order to reach that point. Especially as pirates are scattered all over the place so me chasing down a goat can quickly lead me into a hail of AK fire.

And fuck everything about no-quicksaving. Whoever thought that was a good idea is now titled Prick Extraordinaire.

It's early days yet but I still prefer FC2 and I don't see that changing. In FC2 my HUD was clean, my map was real, and I didn't have to make progressively bigger diamond holders. The shooting was the same quality and, while I like the stealth of the new game, the stealth in FC2 was more rewarding and felt more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Finished Far Cry 2 in 47 hours. The story is a bit confused, but they get major points for trying something different. It's a shame Ubisoft has such shitty practices with DRM and UPlay and such (and in-game ads in a paid-for game? Granted, I only saw one that worked (for some value of 'worked'; it was a US thing), but still, what the fuck?) because they do make interesting games at times.

Otherwise I think my only major criticism is actually Too Much Travel. I didn't really mind that all the missions are practically the same, go there, kill someone/destroy something, because you can do it in a lot of different ways and it somehow fits the game well enough.
    Lots of excellent voice acting, better than average AI, even if flawed, interesting setting, etc.

47 hours wow did you do most of the side missions? I've just got to the South at start of Act II after about 12 hours.

Question - are Armourer missions the only way you get new weapons unlocked or does the game give you a few more later? I did a couple of weapon convoy missons at the start but haven't had any new weapons for a while as I've been happy with my MAC 10 / hunting rifle or shotgun / RPG or LMG load-outs. Starting to worry I might get out-gunned later.

I've started to appreciate the voice acting too, the hardboiled mercs particularly are really well done. I really liked the everybody-dies way that Act I concluded, very fitting with idea that you are basically just an amoral thug for hire playing both ends against the middle.

Great moment last night when in the junkyard area, thinking I'd cleared it, and jumped in my seat when I walked into a shack looking at my tracker for a diamond and was sucker-punched by the last guy alive who was lying on the floor. gut-shot and groaning. He sat up and shot me, took my last 3 health bars before I could react. Cue buddy rescue by the Charlie Sheen look-alike guy who helpfully cleared the area of one wounded man for me. Cheers bud, I owed you one but too bad I still screwed you over later on and went to help the Underground instead. Shit happens, blame it on the malaria.
    Last edited by Colonel J; 21-12-2012 at 11:15 AM.