Page 542 of 1182 FirstFirst ... 424424925325405415425435445525926421042 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,840 of 23631
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Found on steam forums.
    -helpful stuff-
    Thanks, but I had already found that. The problem I had after messing with those files was that I had to verify the cache integrity, so it would download the english files.
    I've started, and it has some really wierd performance pits.
    "look at all the snow and lightning effects, isn't this wonderful?"
    "Yes it is game, yes it is"
    "wait, what, are you looking at the ground? "
    "Yep"
    "LOLNOPE 13 frames baby!"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Two ways to unlock guns in FC2:

1. Do the gun shop missions where you destroy a convoy. Unlocks 3 guns at a time and then the appropriate gun upgrades once you've made the purchase.

2. After the tutorial (!) add this line "-GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1" to the FarCry 2 launcher (or launch options in Steam), without the quotation marks. This will unlock all weapons available on that map (so no map 2 weapons on map 1). Yes this can be construed as cheating but after finishing the game once I figure you can just play it as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Question - are Armourer missions the only way you get new weapons unlocked or does the game give you a few more later? I did a couple of weapon convoy missons at the start but haven't had any new weapons for a while as I've been happy with my MAC 10 / hunting rifle or shotgun / RPG or LMG load-outs. Starting to worry I might get out-gunned later
    Yep. By doing Armourer missions, that's pretty much the only way to get them. Trust me, when you buy that not-Dragunov semi-auto sniper rifle, you'll never want to use another sniper again.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

IIRC you also get some weapons on the second map that you were not able to get on the first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    47 hours wow did you do most of the side missions? I've just got to the South at start of Act II after about 12 hours.
    I think it said 96% complete on my last save (which was before the very last thing you do). I had scouted all control posts, but had only found around 150 diamond cases (I had found more, but there were several I couldn't figure out how to get to or got distracted from getting) and I'd only done a few of the antenna missions, so I'm not sure how it calculates the progress.
    I do think Act II took me quite a lot longer than Act I.

I did also go back North a couple of times to find a few control posts I had left unscouted.

Question - are Armourer missions the only way you get new weapons unlocked or does the game give you a few more later? I did a couple of weapon convoy missons at the start but haven't had any new weapons for a while as I've been happy with my MAC 10 / hunting rifle or shotgun / RPG or LMG load-outs. Starting to worry I might get out-gunned later.
    It seemed like something unlocked once after a buddy mission, but I may have confused things. Otherwise it was all arms dealer missions.

The last one of the arms dealer missions seemed a bit buggy, btw. I think I did it three times and the red circle on the map would always disappear while I was trying to get past the same control post, usually at the same time I blew up a car that came to help the post. So I thought it meant that car was the convoy, but I never unlocked the last weapon and never got a mission completed message.
    Turned out the truck (one of the large unarmed ones) had stopped along the road behind the control post and the driver had left it. Apparently that made the red circle disappear, but once I blew the truck up, the last weapon unlocked. Still didn't get a mission completed message, though.
    But maybe keep that in mind if the mission seems to behave oddly.

I've started to appreciate the voice acting too, the hardboiled mercs particularly are really well done. I really liked the everybody-dies way that Act I concluded, very fitting with idea that you are basically just an amoral thug for hire playing both ends against the middle.
    yeah. All the conversations among the mercs. The guy who got ants in his bed or the guy who wants to go to Bolivia and live on a beach (until his buddy tells him that Bolivia is landlocked), the battle talk, which actually does fit the situation and the actions of the AI, and the guy who is babbling to himself during battles.

Great moment last night when in the junkyard area, thinking I'd cleared it, and jumped in my seat when I walked into a shack looking at my tracker for a diamond and was sucker-punched by the last guy alive who was lying on the floor. gut-shot and groaning. He sat up and shot me, took my last 3 health bars before I could react. Cue buddy rescue by the Charlie Sheen look-alike guy who helpfully cleared the area of one wounded man for me. Cheers bud, I owed you one but too bad I still screwed you over later on and went to help the Underground instead. Shit happens, blame it on the malaria.
    hehe. Everybody screws each other over. One of the buddies in my new game apparently used to kidnap babies and sell them to adoption bureaus... It's kind of difficult not to feel like I ought to kill her, but she helps me out, so it all gets a bit confused.

That's another thing I like a lot; my buddies now are not the same I got in my last game. The tutorial seemed a bit different too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    @Voon

It does feel more like Far Cry 2.5, I'll give you that; but I do think that the enhancements (like the stealth, the corner-lean, outpost, and wildlife mechanics) make it a better game than it's predecessor.
    I think FC2 is actually the first game where I've missed not being able to lean. The mechanic would have fit the game perfectly.

Cool, arms dealer missions now at the top of the to-do list when I get back into it over the Christmas break.

Yeah it certainly has glitchy scripting problems, seems to be the price you pay for sandbox fun. I had it with one of the buddy missions that wouldn't finish because the last enemy you had to kill to finish the mission had failed to spawn or wandered so far away from the area that neither of us could find him. After 10 minutes of circling the area, suddenly something triggers and my buddy is lying wounded, I heal him, then the last enemy spawns from nowhere and I get to finish the mission.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Mafia II next I think. Got a weekend before I'm away from the PC for a bit and wanted to get a complete play through of something done. Let's see if it was worth three pounds.

In FC2, I always tried to build my gear according to a simple principle of having one weapon for long range, one weapon for short range and one weapon for blowing things up. For example, Uzi + Dragunov + Carl Gustav worked wonders, as did pistol + grenade launcher + LMG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Just read Demon Souls lore,so i'm interested in Dark Souls. Does it continue story from Demon Souls or is it something new ?

I've found all the riddler trophies in Batman: African Courier and finished Harley Quinn's revenge. There's only the challenges left but I'll leave them for later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Just read Demon Souls lore,so i'm interested in Dark Souls. Does it continue story from Demon Souls or is it something new ?
    It has a few references and one or two NPCs (probably) return, but it is a new story in a new world.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I've found all the riddler trophies in Batman: African Courier and finished Harley Quinn's revenge. There's only the challenges left but I'll leave them for later.
    Respect for the riddler trophies, I got all completionist on them for Batman: Automobile Association but couldn't get interested doing it again for the second one even though the puzzles were better.

Is Harley Quinn's Revenge worth the price of admission? I got the base game in a GMG sale long before the Goatee version came out. The non-steam version of just the HQ DLC never seems to go cheap in sales, I guess I could just buy the GOTY again for 5 but it feels wrong when that buys a lot of new game in the sales right now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    If you wanna buy it, I suggest waiting a bit, the Amazon rep over at Cheap Ass Gamer has hinted that they'll have it down to 15$ again during Xmas.

Edit: Found it, http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=328579
    Dark Souls 15$ 12/23 to 12/25. It is highly unlikely that Steam will have it lower.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You beast, you've overtaken me. That said I have been playing about 3 riddler tokens a week.
    How was Quinn's Revenge.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'm currently playing Arcanum (with mods) as I missed it the first time around. Played from the start for about 2 hours yesterday and the combat duped me in to thinking it was easy and so I didn't bother saving. FOOL. A particularly vicious wolf showed me the error of my ways. I'll try that again shortly.

Respect for the riddler trophies, I got all completionist on them for Batman: Automobile Association but couldn't get interested doing it again for the second one even though the puzzles were better.

Is Harley Quinn's Revenge worth the price of admission? I got the base game in a GMG sale long before the Goatee version came out. The non-steam version of just the HQ DLC never seems to go cheap in sales, I guess I could just buy the GOTY again for 5 but it feels wrong when that buys a lot of new game in the sales right now.
    Harley Quinns dlc is well made and fun but it's short and quite restrained. I think It lasted me about two hours.
    I really liked. To my surprise playing as Robin was fun but ultimately it's just more Batman: Amazing Coincidences, there isn't anything revolutionary in the dlc. YMMV but in the end I don't think harley quinns dlc is worth 5.On the other hand the goatee comes with a '70s batman skin.

FarCry 3 and apparently, assault rifles are for philistines. I'm just glad I get to have a shotgun and an Dragunov after I made myself a gun pouch, killing goats with a knife.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryLippedSquid View Post
    I'm currently playing Arcanum (with mods) as I missed it the first time around. Played from the start for about 2 hours yesterday and the combat duped me in to thinking it was easy and so I didn't bother saving. FOOL. A particularly vicious wolf showed me the error of my ways. I'll try that again shortly.
    FOOL! irc when it got too hard i just used to spam grenades in realtime combat mode, lol. Combat is horribly broken in Arcanum.

What Mods are you using btw?

Regards

Tom j

Heh, just the 3 described here...

http://www.gog.com/forum/arcanum_of_...and_more/page1