Page 544 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 444444945345425435445455465545946441044 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,880 of 24141
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    BD, one of the underrated game for me this year. The only issue I encounter is it cant recognize optimus card (fix it editing the config file).

Now Im deciding between Inversion and Spec Ops. Also playing KOTOR but I keep thinking of not finishing it and going straight to Sith Lords.
    If you haven't already, go with Spec Ops. I've never played anything quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I had real trouble getting past the mandatory mouse acceleration, did you play with a pad?
    I'm playing with M+K and it's not too bad. I think the worse problems with mouse acceleration were patched out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Don't go with Spec Ops,its yells medicore.

Batman: Arcane Chanting​ plus a cup of champagne. I feel so sophisticated right now.

Activated Node
    I'm mopping up relics/letters on the first island in Far Cry 3. My build (silenced pistol, bow, silenced SMG & grenade launcher) turned out to be real fun, particularly with the signature weapons. Glad I skipped on that silenced sniper rifle, sounded overpowered.

Setting up my laptop to get back into Dishonored, for some entertainment on a 10 hour flight tomorrow to spend Christmas with my family in London. Two battery packs get me about four hours gaming on a GTX 485M, then I'll pull out my little Lenovo X230 for another run through Machinarium (fantastic little game) and maybe one of the Lucasarts adventures.

Also hacking Wine on Arch Linux to get music working in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. I've fixed one bug in the DirectShow implementation but there's another gremlin in there somewhere. Probably finish that up post-Xmas. Keeping an eye on Trine 2 so I can test Steam on Linux, too. I see Psychonauts in the game list but it doesn't install yet; looking forward to having another stab at it once the port is finished.

Banned
    We(that is, NC) took The Crown on LithCorp today around noon. I joined in, thinking - double XP weekend, maybe I'll get some good streaks? I've never really defended The Crown before.

What happened after was just pure insanity.

I've defended the facility for about two hours. In that time I went from under 300 certs to over 700, and from under 6 K/D ratio to over 9. I think I gained something like 5 ranks.

What really got to me hovewer was the mindless rush towards death of my opponents, especially TR at the last stage of the fight before I got disconnected, who took the very narrow, very steep, windy back road. As I launch rocket after a rocket after a rocket behind the same rock, standing in the same place, and constantly get kills, critical kill assists, double kills, and group kills, I just keep on wondering: Why? Why aren't you noticing this is not working? Why are you again and again trying to go up this road, again and again trying to hide behind the same rock, where you die again and again?

There was one guy who died five times in the timespan of fifteen minutes to my rockets alone. And I assure you, I wasn't the only one spamming rockets behind that rock.

This isn't some stupid AI to be exploited - these are (supposdly) thinking, real people. When my killstreak must have reached something like 50, I began to feel both pity for the hopelessness of their position and contempt for their utter lack of intelligence. The map is what, over sixty square kilometers, and you are going to just die here, behind this goddamn rock, without any hope of ever going up this road, over and over, for an hour?

Planetside 2 should be used in some sociological studies about lemmings.

But don't worry TR players. In the end, your deaths were not in vain. They will help fund my new gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2jS4ZaVOWA
    Last edited by Mohorovicic; 22-12-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Is it me or is Dark Souls really creepy :( I'm not scared easliy but this game is giving me creeps.

ps. Did anyone read Bersekr manga ? Game really reminds me of that manga,i even named my character after main in berserk,Gatsu! :p haha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    After spending the afternoon with Mafia II I'm increasingly convinced it's intended as a commentary on existentialism and post war loss of identity. That might be giving the game too much credit perhaps but there's more than enough other clever bits in there for me to think that it knows what it's doing. It's one of the most adult games I've played-not in terms of themes and sex or anything, but in terms of it makes you actually feel like an adult. Limitless potential versus petty restriction and necessity. Hmm. Clever girl.

Beat the Gauntlet in Jamestown on the third difficulty (Charge ship!) and called the game done. Very happy with what these guys produced and looking forward to their next game.

Got Grimrock in the Humble Bundle and just started. What a delight! I've done nothing but play the last day or two. Down in Level 5 now. The puzzles and exploration are great, which I expected, but I didn't expect the combat to be so much fun. It's just the right challenge that I want. I am running really low on food, though, so that's a concern. I probably spent too long on Levels 3 and 4 trying to solve the Iron Door puzzles, and I definitely did too much sleep healing and not enough potion healing. Now that I have a glut of potion ingredients and a lack of food, I'll have to change things up a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Figured I'd play the entire Mass Effect trilogy again. Just finished Mass Effect today in about 10 hours, skipping most of the non-essential missions. Now onto Mass Effect 2, which I intend to take a bit more slowly since I haven't played it nearly as often as the original.

Also still doing a few daily rounds of Blacklight: Retribution. The Steam sale hasn't given me anything new to work with yet.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Figured I'd play the entire Mass Effect trilogy again. Just finished Mass Effect today in about 10 hours, skipping most of the non-essential missions. Now onto Mass Effect 2, which I intend to take a bit more slowly since I haven't played it nearly as often as the original.
    What level do you finish the game at if you skip so much of the sidequests? And does it have any effect on the imported character in ME2 as I can never remember? Also, if you want ME2 to go quicker than it otherwise would and yet still do all the missions, use the savegame editor to give yourself supplies of the 4 resources as planet scanning is busywork hell. Made my last playthrough so much more fun, not having to care about probes or hear Tricia Helfer talk about them repeatedly.

Got stuck for a while on the very last level (707) but I finally finished Splice.

What, there's an epilogue too? Guess I'm still not done, then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Yup, Mafia II is very clever

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Yup, Mafia II is very clever

Because first mafia is my favorite sandbox game i tried the demo of Mafia 2 and only thing i didn't liked was the damn croshair being so biiiig :o

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I don't miss anything from Japan lol,they release some of the most bizzare shit out there.
    No shit KONAMI is japanese company,PES is expection i guess,but beside pes there is really nothing that interests me from japan.
    I have no intend to buy handheld devices,i'm using emulator for GBA on my nokia.. Otherwise i have been playing for 2 hours Ogre Tactics and its fun so far.
    There was Guilty Gear on pc back in 2004/05,and it was great fighting game (2d).
    Is it me or is Dark Souls really creepy :( I'm not scared easliy but this game is giving me creeps.

ps. Did anyone read Bersekr manga ? Game really reminds me of that manga,i even named my character after main in berserk,Gatsu! :p haha
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

O shit you sure took your time to track my posts and put them all together haha :D Yeah i know what i said,but i also said there were exceptions so yeah,bite me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Been alternating Guild Wars 2 and AssCreed 3 on my PS3.

Must say, I am REALLY loving this iteration of the Anal Creeds. Desmond actually feels like he serves a purpose beyond the sci-fi part of the story and I actually am enjoying the side quests and collectibles for the first time... ever. Before I only ever really did the ones for the fun "Holy crap Abstergo is evil" stuff, but this time I actually am enjoying doing deliveries and every single homestead mission.

I do think Ubi dropped the ball though. Would have been more fun to play both sides of the war, rather than just "George Washington is awesome, yo. Shut up insanely awesome british dude in Desmond-time". Focusing on stopping the Templars (and protecting the people) instead of just choosing a side that happens to have slightly fewer Templar (maybe :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm on my Terror mission again. No robots. Again.

...WE HAVE TO SAVE AND ABORT. SAVE AND ABORT.

Edit: that's strange. I could've sworn I saw a dude running into the Skyranger after I saved him. Why can't he be considered as saved when I aborted?
    Last edited by Voon; 23-12-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    O shit you sure took your time to track my posts and put them all together haha :D Yeah i know what i said,but i also said there were exceptions so yeah,bite me.
    You'd make an excellent American politician. You'd probably get murdered out there, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Had a go at Heavy Rain.

See! New lows in the uncanny valley!
    Hear! The most wooden voice-overs since Bethesda!
    Play! The worst parent in history with the patented Quicktime-o-Matic!
    Feel! Foolish, every time you have to shake the goddamned controller!

That's probably a bit more cynical than the game really deserves, but I can't help but feel that Quantic Dream should be making movies instead of games. I mean, I am curious as to how my choices play out (did a game really just make me feel bad about not telling my kid to do his homework?) but it's going to be a long time before I want to play through the tedium of the opening sequence again, if ever (did a game really just make me babysit an imaginary child for 20 minutes?).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Minor spoilers about HR:

The best part of Heavy Rain is when you jump right BETWEEN running car and your kid and he dies and you not.
    WHAT DID THEY THINKING?! What kind of bullshit it is? After this I didn't even want to watch more of playthrough.

Now I'm playing Hotline Miami (WHY YOU BREAK MY MAD BLOODY KILLSTREAK PATH BY THROWING ANNOYING SNEAKING LEVEL, OH GOD WHYYYYYY!?) along with Dark Souls.