Page 545 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 454454955355435445455465475555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 10,881 to 10,900 of 24052
    I'm off to my vacation to Indonesia today, so for now, nothing.

...except pokemon, of course
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    Saint's Row 3! Getting a little dull - maybe i should play more main missions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    What level do you finish the game at if you skip so much of the sidequests? And does it have any effect on the imported character in ME2 as I can never remember?

Also, if you want ME2 to go quicker than it otherwise would and yet still do all the missions, use the savegame editor to give yourself supplies of the 4 resources as planet scanning is busywork hell. Made my last playthrough so much more fun, not having to care about probes or hear Tricia Helfer talk about them repeatedly.
    I rushed through the original because I wanted to set up a Shepard for use in a ME2 (third time) and ME3 (second time) replay without using the Genesis DLC. I've already played the original a bunch of times, so I didn't really care to hunt for Asari Writings, for example. It also made some sense in that ME1 is basically a hunt for Saren, without much time for mucking about.

My mixed Normal/Easy playthrough ended at level 40 (as an aside, easy is really easy - you never once have to stop, take cover, etc. Even Krogan Warlords and Asari Commando's go down in a handful of pistol shots!). As for the effect of skipping so much sidemissions in ME2 and 3; there will probably be less minor characters making a short reappearance, perhaps less starting bonus to resources in ME2, and I might also end up with slightly less War Assets in ME3. I'm probably also up S-creek as far as Tali is concerned, since that seems to be the most interconnected storyline throughout the three games (helping her find the Geth data in ME1, the trial in ME2, and the showdown on Rannoch in ME3). But I imagine it won't be too bad considering I tend do a fairly complete play of ME2 and 3.

Thanks for the tip on the savegame editor. I did indeed use that on my second ME2 playthrough back in 2010. It probably still works, and otherwise a replacement application will no doubt be easy to find. Scanning planets does indeed get rather tiresome.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 23-12-2012 at 11:20 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Was playing Alpha Centauri for the first time (MINDWORMS!) and now playing Drox Operative after the Wot I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    My sister is playing Townsmen on her tablet and now i would like to introcude her to some better building games on pc,would "Children of the Nile" be appropriate for her,she never played citybuilding games beside TownsMen which is really casual stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Finished Mafia II. Wow. I've posted my toughts on a thread elsewhere but for here suffice to say that it is is a game which fundamentally ties the environment and it's narrative together in such a way to make you really play that story. It's done in such a way that takes a while to reveal itself, and it does take investment and for you to buy into it at the start. But if you do it's a game which is fully commited to mechanically letting you really play that story, rather than watch it or have it as a subtext. It is a game or simulation of the dark side of the American Dream and the failure of material prosperity and greater status to replace old concepts such as family and existential purpose and it really makes a crack at letting you play that arc rather than just tell it. Hugely impressive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Currently I am playing Human Resources, Alpha Centauri, Faster Than Light, Eador, Sim City 4, Fallen Enchantress, and trying to find time for Recettear and Drox Operative. This is too much for my poor head.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Mass Effect stuff
    How is the Genesis DLC for setting up a new ME2 Shepard? I can probably never play ME1 again but don't like starting ME2 with a nobody. So it's either using the savegame editor to set my Shep how I want, or buy the Genesis DLC (which I kind of resent having to do unless it's interesting in itself).

I'm sure the Tali stuff will balance out: good as the games are they don't have the balls to come out and punish you for not doing hinted at sidequests in ME1. And War Assets don't really change anything anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    DoW2R

A top10 Apothecary Space Marine whines about "abuse". Funniest thing all day.

I have a replay if anyone wants to see.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 23-12-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Coldvvvave, are you streaming your games? I loved watching DoW2 matches (commented or not) on goodgameslive, although I never played the game myself. What's your in-game handle?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Coldvvvave, are you streaming your games? I loved watching DoW2 matches (commented or not) on goodgameslive, although I never played the game myself. What's your in-game handle?
    No, I'm not streaming, just uploading replays on gamereplays.org sometimes when I feel like it. I'm far from being good so no one is going to watch those replays anyway. Name is coldwave both on gamereplays and in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Damn enemies respawn in Dark Souls,didn't know that lol.. -.-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Damn enemies respawn in Dark Souls,didn't know that lol.. -.-
    Everytime you die & respawn, everytime you log out of the game, everytime you rest at a bonfire, all enemies (save bosses and some very specific creatures) respawn.

Welcome to Dark Souls.

I noticed that today lol, can you tell me if archer is useful in this game,i'm thinking about making my character having main weapon bow.

For those who played Severance and Dark Souls,which one do you prefer ???

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    How is the Genesis DLC for setting up a new ME2 Shepard? I can probably never play ME1 again but don't like starting ME2 with a nobody. So it's either using the savegame editor to set my Shep how I want, or buy the Genesis DLC (which I kind of resent having to do unless it's interesting in itself).

I'm sure the Tali stuff will balance out: good as the games are they don't have the balls to come out and punish you for not doing hinted at sidequests in ME1. And War Assets don't really change anything anyway.
    It's pretty decent. I think it takes about 20 minutes to run through the story and pick things like whether Wrex survived Virmire, which person you left to die on the same planet, if you were romantically involved with anyone, the fate of the Rachni queen, whether the council was saved etc. The basics, in other words. In that sense it's probably more advisable to use a save that matches what you'd want from Mass Effect Saves since they'll also include all the small details that carry over into the other games.

The drawings used in the Genesis DLC are pretty nice - if somewhat low resolution, which is probably due to it being made for Playstation 3:

I'll have to wait and see how Tali's mission plays out, but a quick look at the mission's Wiki article suggests you are indeed correct, and her side-mission from ME1 doesn't really matter.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Finished Portal 2. I'm not quite sure why John thought it was more difficult than the first game: most puzzles manage to hit that exact spot where I look at them dumbfounded for some time, then I come up with the solution and it makes think "it was soooo easy, why didn't I figure out earlier?". Notable exception, the last test chamber where I was stuck for a lot more (and then again, be amazed I could be so dumb)

I found the 'navigation puzzles' in HL2 occasionally frustrating and in P2 they're less well signposted, so that's the part I liked the least gameplay-wise, even though the scenery is really interesting and it's an engaging sidetrip if you take it easy (which I didn't - ideally I will have to play the whole game again)

And I'm hoping the successor of Source gets rid of load/reload time, one of the paint puzzles in particular required pretty good precision and every time I fumbled my jump (many times), it was a sure death and a wait - not a terribly long time but still enough to be annoying.

There's still some time and maybe I can squeeze another game or two in my completed list.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    snip
    I really recommend this save editor, it's easy to use and has more variables which Genesis skips over:

http://social.bioware.com/project/4373/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    My sister is playing Townsmen on her tablet and now i would like to introcude her to some better building games on pc,would "Children of the Nile" be appropriate for her,she never played citybuilding games beside TownsMen which is really casual stuff.
    Cultures and Cultures 2 (There are other titles in the series, but they are standalone expansion cash-ins) about managing a village of Vikings. They're good games.

I don't like Children of the Nile much. The Impressions titles are better.

Obscure Node
    hey gamers, i have finished call of duty modern warfare III and need to change the mood from war to "ugh, its silly, but lovely" games... would you recommend anything ?

Here's something I don't get from Batman: Ankles Crusher, if I'm supposed to find the cure for the joker, why doesn't he tell his thugs to let me do my thing?