Page 546 of 1264 FirstFirst ... 464464965365445455465475485565966461046 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,920 of 25277

Quote Originally Posted by captin nemo View Post
    hey gamers, i have finished call of duty modern warfare III and need to change the mood from war to "ugh, its silly, but lovely" games... would you recommend anything ?
    World of Goo! I ought to replay it some time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    World of Goo! I ought to replay it some time.

The new Rayman is silly but lovely and kinda to easy but still lovely :x

Spellforce 2, at last. It plays like a crude mixture of Warcraft 3 and Dawn of War 2 but is not nearly as good. It's not nearly as grindy as the first Spellforce but it still takes a long time between figuring out a map and actually beating it. The character customization is oddly poor. The way it's set up you absolutely have to branch out into skill trees you don't want. You can't just make a guy using just melee weapons and heavy armor, you have to either choose light weapons or any flavour of magic even if you don't want. Doesn't help that you can barely influence what skills your companions will have and most activated abilities, including spells, kind of suck.
    The story is barely existent. Pure high fantasy camp. Not offensively bad but the kind of stuff that makes you sigh and roll your eyes from time to time and then you proceed to kill some zombie dinosaurs.
    Then there is the absurdly bad voice acting...
    Well, it sounds kind of negative here but I'm actually enjoying it. It's a decent game with a lot of smaller and a couple of medium-sized annoyances.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Here's something I don't get from Batman: Ankles Crusher, if I'm supposed to find the cure for the joker, why doesn't he tell his thugs to let me do my thing?
    Because Batman needs the antidote as well?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Still on my second playthrough of Far Cry 2 and currently wondering if South Africans use "China" in place of "mate" and such, or if it's a more negative term (I think it's the South Africans in the game who use it, at least). Never encountered it used like that before.

I suppose it could be a bug too, since you can play as a Chinese (I think) guy, but I'm not playing him and didn't in my first game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Because Batman needs the antidote as well?
    Yeah, well, but if he stops me from getting it for myself, then I don't get it for him either.

Maybe he doesn't want to make things too easy

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Here's something I don't get from Batman: Ankles Crusher, if I'm supposed to find the cure for the joker, why doesn't he tell his thugs to let me do my thing?
    Did you ever hear about the recruitment policy his guards discuss? on tuesday he lets them in, on wednesday they have them fight to the death and on friday they just shoot applicants (something like that).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    It's pretty decent. The basics, in other words. In that sense it's probably more advisable to use a save that matches what you'd want from Mass Effect Saves since they'll also include all the small details that carry over into the other games.
    Good to know, and cheers for reminding me Mass Effect Saves exists. I always forget that the internet has you covered with ME games.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    Still on my second playthrough of Far Cry 2 and currently wondering if South Africans use "China" in place of "mate" and such, or if it's a more negative term (I think it's the South Africans in the game who use it, at least). Never encountered it used like that before.

I suppose it could be a bug too, since you can play as a Chinese (I think) guy, but I'm not playing him and didn't in my first game either.
    It's a dialect thing related to Afrikaans. How's it my china?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captin nemo View Post
    hey gamers, i have finished call of duty modern warfare III and need to change the mood from war to "ugh, its silly, but lovely" games... would you recommend anything ?
    Costume Quest, Stacking, any Double Fine game that isn't Psychonauts. Psychonauts is silly but also enormous and brilliant, should be pored over. Trine is lovley and fits the same bill as the DF games. Guardian of Light is a lot of fun and silly in an action matinee sense. They're all games you can play in a few sessions but they leave you feeling full and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    So Cockney has infriltrated Africa? Horrific!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    ah, thanks. Curious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    With each death you start over at the beginning,until you finally make it to the boss,who kill you.

Guess what game :|

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    With each death you start over at the beginning,until you finally make it to the boss,who kill you.

Guess what game :|
    Pro Evolution Soccer

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Binding of Isaac?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    So Cockney has infriltrated Africa? Horrific!
    As if we British haven't done enough to that continent already.

OT: Well FarCry 3 is fantastic and acts as an excellent counterpoint to FarCry 2, easily my GOTY for 2012(although the list of 2012 games I've played can be counted on one hand). The only bad part of the game so far is all the UPlay bollocks that infects it.
    And that no one calls me china.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    Minor spoilers about HR
    I started and quit several times before I got to that part. Considering that it's the emotional core of one of the character's stories, the real tragedy was that I felt worse about my son's homework than my other son's death.

When the game picks up, it does manage to be fantastically tense. I'd love to see more character permadeath (X-Com doesn't count; they're replaceable, even if you did name him after your wanking hand) in story-driven games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    acts as an excellent counterpoint to FarCry 2
    Oh come now, you've got to expand on that!

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Pro Evolution Soccer
    Zing!

My guess is FTL, I've been loving this game.