Page 551 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 514515015415495505515525535616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 23789
    Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    So I fired up Dark Soul, what little game I've played I've liked so far, the only problem is the interface (OH GOD THE INTERFACE). I don't mind the controls, per se, but all the instructions reference the game pad so I feel like I'm playing Dwarf Fortress trying to figure out how to do the simplest things like recharge spells and whatnot. I'm getting by, but like every 5 minutes I have to alt tab to the internet to figure stuff out.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 27-12-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Get the stick out of your ass. This thread is about saying what you are playing.
    On the PC.

Many of us are playing games on multiple platforms.
    You have a separate board for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Don't be rude. It's not that much of a crime to talk about console games on the most prominent PC thread of the PC forum section, of a site based entirely around the PC.

Let's stone him.

Network Hub
    Two points, two flats, and a packet of gravel please.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    So I fired up Dark Soul, what little game I've played I've liked so far, the only problem is the interface (OH GOD THE INTERFACE). I don't mind the controls, per se, but all the instructions reference the game pad so I feel like I'm playing Dwarf Fortress trying to figure out how to do the simplest things like recharge spells and whatnot. I'm getting buy, buy like every 5 minutes I have to alt tab to the internet to figure stuff out.

Haha Dark Souls really don't give a fuck what you think,know what don't think of it as a game,its a ultimate gamer challenge :p

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Haha Dark Souls really don't give a fuck what you think,know what don't think of it as a game,its a ultimate gamer challenge :p
    You've never played Impossible Ironman in XCOM, haven't you?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You've never played Impossible Ironman in XCOM, haven't you?

What are you implying,Dark Souls is not that hard,i should play XCOM on ironman ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Having spend the entire morning setting up shipping routes, spice colonies and what not in Anno 1404, I'm a bit annoyed that I missed the Anno 2070 Steam-sale earlier this week. Then again, there's still plenty of fun to be had in this game!

Also progressing in Mass Effect 2. I'm taking it one mission at a time and that has made it much easier to remember everything that happened. I wonder how I'll think about Mass Effect 3 if I play it like that, as opposed to doing it all over the course of one weekend like I did in March. Now onto Tuchanka for Mordin's loyalty-mission (it's a way too binary system, but oh well). I suppose that makes it about time to wake up the Krogan tankbred, too.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Having spend the entire morning setting up shipping routes, spice colonies and what not in Anno 1404, I'm a bit annoyed that I missed the Anno 2070 Steam-sale earlier this week. Then again, there's still plenty of fun to be had in this game!
    Unless you're really attached to Steam, I'd recommend getting 2070 elsewhere. First of all, it's liable to be cheaper, as with Gaamersgate's $16 sale yesterday. Second of all, 2070 carries a lot of unfortunate Uplay integration, and layering Steam's DRM on top of that is just adding bloat to bloat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Jut finished BS4 and it was alright. Ending was crap. Didn't actually conclude the game.

Off to play Anachronox which i got from my secret santa on gog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I just got XCom: Enemy Unknown

So far not really hard at all. Between Overwatch and Run and Gun, there doesn't seem to be any particular reason to put yourself in danger in order to kill enemies.

I find it a mite creepy that I'm able to rename and redesign my soldiers. I mean, I get the idea: They want you to have some semblance of attachment to your poor babies so you feel that pang of guilt when they get murdered by those evil aliens, but they already have names and faces!

"I am Kunta Kinte."
    "Your name is TOBY!"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I am sucking at Hotline Miami. Realized I enjoy it more when I'm playing it half-drunk.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I'll admit,i was grinding at this location in Dark Souls for about hour and half lol,and when i had enough souls to level up few times plus buy some armor and leggings,i decided to go on. So i'm going upstairs and some bimbo rolls flaming barrel at me right,so i don't know what to do because it will hit me and kill and boom there my 1200 souls go,to nada. So i see this crack in the side of stairs and i jump down. Bad choice.

But everything is not so bad because i can jump even lower,so i do that. Suddenly there is some big guy at the end of hallway,so i decide to sneak upon him,and smack him bad. That didn't go well.

1200 aint much, its when you start loosing 40,000 souls with 20+ humanity you start to get peeved.
    BTW, till you get the combat figured out Black Knights are rather nasty.

Been playing:
    Thirty Flights of Lovin: I'm not sure what to make of this right now.
    Hawken: Stompy-shooty. Not unlocked anything yet, but the mech you start with is nice and weighty (despite being a microwave on legs)
    Spec Ops - The line: The first game in a long while where I played through from start to finish in one session. Shooting was fine, cover use and movement was crap, but liked the story.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    After surviving Christmas, I am safely back in Africa in Far Cry 2.

More surprisingly, I am apparently also playing League of Legends. Or, since I got a mail about being penalized for being idle, I'm apparently only sort of playing it. I also got several welcome mails.
    You'd think they'd bother to verify the email addresses people sign up with...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I got a Joystick for Christmas so I'm playing a lot of flying games, the tutorial for FSX is great so I'm having fun. Cliffs of Dover is good too, I heard it was pretty buggy on release but seems complex yet I think works well if you have a handle of flight sims in general.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    The day GOG (or anyone really) get the rights to Crimson Skies is the day I seriously start looking for a USB joystick. Nathan Zachary will take to the skies once more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I have had an indie glut lately, Thirty Flights of Loving quickly devoured, its pretty, and clever, but holy crap its short. FTL, got to the Flagship for the first time, handled the first phase with pinnache, Beaming mantis into 1 weapon pod, fire bombing 2 others while suppressing the 4th with emp. It hardly seemed fair. I didn't realise how much more brutal the second phase would be so I didn't dip out of repairs... All this on easy... Then Hotline Miami, I think maybe I should try using a pad, it seems a little twitchy.

As ever all of this takes a back seat to the long plays I have going with the (counts on fingers) 4 Solium Infernum games I'm involved in and a Fall from Heaven (Civ4 mod) pbem game and a pbem Civilisation: Colonisation game I am deep into. The Civ:Col game is really heating up, the king is getting progressively more peed off with me and my industry while making the change over from making stylish fur coats to guns and tools.

But first, I need to get everyone at 50% independence sentiment (really, on the fence is enough?) and then I can tell the king where he can stick his crown sideways... ZOMBIE GEORGE WASHINGTON BOWS TO NO MAN.

Oh, yeah... And the 2 Bloodbowl Leagues I'm still in, My try for the Gauntlin Goblin ended in the play-offs after 32 agonising turns 2-1 for my Rotters who will be fit and ready to try again next year and my Elf team in the DoD who can do no wrong pulling draws out of what should be a failure and winning extreme victories at the first showing of weakness on the opponents half.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I got a Joystick for Christmas so I'm playing a lot of flying games, the tutorial for FSX is great so I'm having fun. Cliffs of Dover is good too, I heard it was pretty buggy on release but seems complex yet I think works well if you have a handle of flight sims in general.
    Try Rise of Flight if you haven't. It's free to play now.

Obscure Node
    I'm forever doomed to suck at CSGO and yet go back to it all the time. There's XCOM and Wargame:EE too, and I've also picked up the old Stronghold games when they were 75% off. Also, regular intervals of TBoI. And a bunch of other stuff. :)