Page 554 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 544545045445525535545555565646046541054 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,080 of 25147
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Then I suppose they must want all of the land, they started denouncing me early in the game, when no borders were shared... and at no point I ever had an Open Borders agreement.
    You . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Them
    You . . . . . . . Their Desired Land . . . . . . . . . . . . . Their Actual Border . Them

Twenty turns later:

You . . . . . . . Your Second City . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Their Actual Border . Them
    You . . . . . . . Your Second City . . . . . . . . . . (I HATE YOU I HATE YOU)- Them

What, you expected fairness? Lebensraum ain't just a word.
    Last edited by Nalano; 29-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by augustuskent View Post
    Chivalry and Dark Souls

I cant believe how good DS is... I iwhs more rpgs had such equal combat... or mods.. someone recommend me something! :)
    Witcher 2 has sort of similar combat to DS, in that you have to react to an opponent and watch, buttom spam dosen't work (on the harder difficulty at any rate). You have to duel, parry, know when to advance and retreat etc. And the Dark mode will have you die after one or two stabs, one in the back. There is a Witcher mod that tries the same, it doesn't work as well but it adds value to a replay of the original game for sure. Those are all I can think of, I too would like to play more games with similar combat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Witcher 2 has sort of similar combat to DS, in that you have to react to an opponent and watch, buttom spam dosen't work (on the harder difficulty at any rate). You have to duel, parry, know when to advance and retreat etc. And the Dark mode will have you die after one or two stabs, one in the back. There is a Witcher mod that tries the same, it doesn't work as well but it adds value to a replay of the original game for sure. Those are all I can think of, I too would like to play more games with similar combat.

Severance:Blade of Darkness.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Say, do you have any idea how keeping the mimiga mask and not the booster affects the ending?
    I've never done it myself, but from what I've heard the difference is fairly marginal. You get one changed line of dialogue and a slightly different ending picture. Obviously you also can't access the best ending, since you lack the booster 2.0.

In other news, I've learned today that backing the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter apparently earned me a free Steam copy of The Bard's Tale (the 2004 version), so I'll be playing that in the next few days.

Started Bastion last night. Everything about it immediately turned me off. I thought I'd like the narrator, and I think I expected more of a stylized spaghetti western feel. Also though the controls were very clumsy. Should I be playing with a gamepad?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdman Tribe Leader View Post
    Started Bastion last night. Everything about it immediately turned me off. I thought I'd like the narrator, and I think I expected more of a stylized spaghetti western feel. Also though the controls were very clumsy. Should I be playing with a gamepad?
    I had that same exact experience, and was very grateful for the demo as a result.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Pad is better, but it was hardly critical to me. It only out stays its welcome on harder difficulties, try just muddling through it has some lovely moments.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    hum. I'm generally not fond of third person shooters (except for a few; Just Cause 2 and RF Armageddon are fine, for example) and I've probably been spoiled by all the Far Cry 2 I've been playing lately, but Spec Ops: The Line feels very ... disembodied, like I'm not quite connected to my character. And checkpoint saves can go rot...

Still interested in the story, but I don't think I can play it through. This is the sort of game I'd in the past turn god mode on in, just to see what happens, but such cheats are apparently not part of gaming anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    hum. I'm generally not fond of third person shooters (except for a few; Just Cause 2 and RF Armageddon are fine, for example) and I've probably been spoiled by all the Far Cry 2 I've been playing lately, but Spec Ops: The Line feels very ... disembodied, like I'm not quite connected to my character. And checkpoint saves can go rot...

Still interested in the story, but I don't think I can play it through. This is the sort of game I'd in the past turn god mode on in, just to see what happens, but such cheats are apparently not part of gaming anymore.
    Play it in easy mode and it's a breeze.

Even on hardest difficulty game was not hard,its like people got spoiled by easy games lol.

Otherwise i'm reading some manga about a guy who can turn in to erm,how to say,superhuman and its very similar to Prototype lol,so i got urge to paly that game but as i remember there were those annoying pinky four-legged mutants who wouldn't give you a rest and would chase you though wohle city.. Damn annoying brats -.-

Anyway are there any other games where you are superhuman ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Even on hardest difficulty game was not hard,its like people got spoiled by easy games lol.

Otherwise i'm reading some manga about a guy who can turn in to erm,how to say,superhuman and its very similar to Prototype lol,so i got urge to paly that game but as i remember there were those annoying pinky four-legged mutants who wouldn't give you a rest and would chase you though wohle city.. Damn annoying brats -.-

Anyway are there any other games where you are superhuman ?
    You mean cape shit or actual superhuman powers without being labelled 'superhero'?

If you're looking for the latter, Prototype. If you have a PS3, InFamous
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Just Cause 2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Just Cause 2 :)
    Oh Yes. There's also this superman mod for JC2. just jump and fly. Especially with a world like JC2's where I can fly around all day, this is one of my go-to looking-at-sunrise moments.

Can't stand respawning enemies in Dark Souls anymore,its really putting me off..

When leveling up which stats should i pick,i'm going for meele character so what then,health,strentgh and Dexterity ?
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 29-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Can't stand respawning enemies in Dark Souls anymore,its really putting me off..

When leveling up which stats should i pick,i'm going for meele character so what then,health,strentgh and Dexterity ?
    Depends on the weapons you want to use, but most people agree that dex-scaled weapons are the best. If you aren't opposed to it, I suggest checking out the wikispaces wiki (I prefer their formatting of the tables) and see what weapons catch your fancy. Then work toward the reqs for that.

Just remember: Always upgrade your weapon before your character.

And the respawning enemies aren't too bad. Especially because you should rarely ever be backtracking (on foot :p). The layout of the world is good enough that you'll almost always have a shortcut back to a (comparatively) safe area. And once you get the Lordvessel, you can warp between bonfires at key locations.

Unless you are specifically seeking an item, I suggest not exploring until after Anor Londo. At that point, you can warp between bonfires so the hikes between areas will be minimal.
    Last edited by gundato; 29-12-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

What the hell,you can upgrade weapon ?! Didn't know that for sure.. Looks like i really need to check out DS wiki.

Could you give me some general tips,even as i put 7 hours in to a game i didn't come far because i stopped at one position and grinded for several hours lol. I'm in the location where you meet first black knight if that sounds familiar. I'm level 19 so far,i bought everything chained at the merchant and have black shield(picture)and 95dmg axe(plus 83dmg mace).

Last edited by DaftPunk; 29-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Finished Ass.Creed 3 last night and quite liked the story. the characters (Conor, the protagonist, is a bit boring though) and the running/fighting/sneaking mechanics. I think they are an improvement over the previous title.
    The world is also fun to run in and look at the vistas.

However, for some reason, Ubisoft decided to pad the game with pointless open world tropes, like staff to collect and things to craft, that don't affect the game at all or give some advantage later on (the game is not getting harder as you progress, which is also a downside). The worst of the them is the crafting/trading mechanics. You can craft and trade dozens of useless object for a small profit. However, the interface is so broken and unclear that I just ignored it completely...

And the naval fighting was surprisingly great, even if a bit out of place in an assassination game.

Next on the list:
    Kingdoms of Amalur and Grey matter, with short bursts of serious Sam 3 and Orcs must die 2 (my only purchases in the current steam sale, so far) Between them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Yeah, I have one. Stop farming and go kill the boss already, damnit. You've pretty much locked yourself in a tiny part of the whole game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    What the hell,you can upgrade weapon ?! Didn't know that for sure.. Looks like i really need to check out DS wiki.

Could you give me some general tips,even as i put 7 hours in to a game i didn't come far because i stopped at one position and grinded for several hours lol. I'm in the location where you meet first black knight if that sounds familiar. I'm level 19 so far,i bought everything chained at the merchant and have black shield(picture)and 95dmg axe(plus 83dmg mace).

Have you fought the Taurus Demon yet?

1. Don't grind unless you have a specific goal in mind. And even then, you probably shouldn't grind
    2. Avoid over-leveling, at least on your first run. The game will be a lot easier if you use white sign helper monkeys for the bosses until you learn the style of gameplay (assuming no restarts, I would say around Anor Londo)
    3. When in doubt, upgrade your weapon instead of your character. Largely for the purpose of 2, but you'll also notice a MUCH bigger improvement in damage. Survivability goes either way
    4. When upgrading, try to stick to the basic chain (so out to +15) in most cases. Those scale a lot better AND can be enchanted with spells or items.
    5. Try to carry a divine weapon, fire weapon, non-elemental, and lightning weapon whenever possible (only really viable around Anor Londo). It is up to you as to what you want to use in general (depending on the build, I usually use the non-elemental weapon as my default and switch to the appropriate element when needed)
    6. Do NOT save up souls. Seriously. As long as you avoid over-leveling, you'll always have a good spot to grind for some fast souls (around 19 I would suggest marking summons for Gargoyles or Capra). And carrying souls means you'll be more distraught when you die. Being distraught when you die means you fight your way back to your corpse. FIghting your way back to your corpse probably means you make a mistake and die. And the game laughs at you. This will happen a lot in Blighttown. Fear Blighttown...
    7. Try to only reverse hollowing when you absolutely need to. The PC version in particular has a LOT of dicks who like to spam invade (and there are a few who I suspect have found a way to reset the summon countdown seeing as how I was invaded by the same jerk 4 times in 6 minutes in Anord Londo...)
    8. Always carry a bow or crossbow (if you have crap dex somehow). They are insanely useful for kiting enemies.
    9. Don't worry too much about buying the best gear. Pretty much all the gear has a use (and the starting equipment is some of the best :p), and you'll probably want to swap out for some areas anyway. Again, upgrading.
    10. I can't think of a 10, but I realized I should have 10 around 7. OOH. If you can't find a good use for souls, either upgrade your pyromancy flame or buy as much titanite as you can carry (you can never have too much). Both of which are actually really good uses :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Hm i see you need upgrade-box for upgrading weapons and i had 3000 and something souls..I'll try to defeat the black knight first,i tried only twice and failed,then i'll seek that taurs demon :D Thanks for tips.