Page 555 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 554555055455535545555565575656056551055 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 23097
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Hm i see you need upgrade-box for upgrading weapons and i had 3000 and something souls..I'll try to defeat the black knight first,i tried only twice and failed,then i'll seek that taurs demon :D Thanks for tips.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Hm i see you need upgrade-box for upgrading weapons and i had 3000 and something souls..I'll try to defeat the black knight first,i tried only twice and failed,then i'll seek that taurs demon :D Thanks for tips.
    Taurus Demon is actually a lot easier than BK, especially if you read the orange signs.

BK and Havel are generally foes you don't want to fight until you know what you are doing.

Also, the next area has a blacksmith who will help you upgrade. And he sells titanite.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm playing offline so no signs for me. But yeah i tried fighting him now and those damn archers kept shooting me in the back,freaking annoying so yeah i got killed by big guy,he cornered me at the end.

I'm playing offline so no signs for me. But yeah i tried fighting him now and those damn archers kept shooting me in the back,freaking annoying so yeah i got killed by big guy,he cornered me at the end.
    11. Play online. It is much more fun that way. Also, you'll probably throw the game down in disgust against Smough and Ornstein.

:p

And a tip for the Taurus Demon

Go up the ladder and kill those archers first. Also, remember how you killed the first boss? THat plunging attack? And you know how you have a ladder and a tower? Hmmm
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I believe but my only option is offline.

Ladder you say,didn't noticed it lol,gonna try again.

Edit. Did in my first try,he didn't even touched me lol. Now i hope there is fire so i could save progress because i have now 10k souls but no there is no,i met one fat fellow from the sun something :x
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 29-12-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    Finished Ass.Creed 3 last night and quite liked the story. the characters (Conor, the protagonist, is a bit boring though) and the running/fighting/sneaking mechanics. I think they are an improvement over the previous title.
    The world is also fun to run in and look at the vistas.

However, for some reason, Ubisoft decided to pad the game with pointless open world tropes, like staff to collect and things to craft, that don't affect the game at all or give some advantage later on (the game is not getting harder as you progress, which is also a downside). The worst of the them is the crafting/trading mechanics. You can craft and trade dozens of useless object for a small profit. However, the interface is so broken and unclear that I just ignored it completely...
    I liked Assassin's Creed 3 too, but I don't think I could say I love it. The combat felt a bit less spammy compared to previous AC's, and the rural exploration was very good, but as you say, Ubisoft's design team seem to be obsessed with the collectibles and extra faff that appears over the course of the game.

The multiplayer is still tension-filled brilliance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    And the naval fighting was surprisingly great, even if a bit out of place in an assassination game.
    I quite enjoyed the naval battles too. I think I would pay for a full game like that, with simple enough controls but a bit of thought required for manoeuvring and combat.

AirBuccaneers maybe?

Really? You just fought him, you say? Man, you need to cheese that bitch. Kill those archers first, then lure him to the back and climb up the stairs. Lunge attack. Repeat till it dies. Now the fight is easy.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Really? You just fought him, you say? Man, you need to cheese that bitch. Kill those archers first, then lure him to the back and climb up the stairs. Lunge attack. Repeat till it dies. Now the fight is easy.

Yeah i did something similar in second try. I rushed to the archers,killed them then went down and triggered the taurus demon appereance,he chased me i climb up the ladder jumped at him,took half of his life,then i auto-locked on him and dodged about 4 his attacks,then when i had safe distance i equiped those bombs and trow two at him,then lunged at him haha and hit him several times untill he dropped down. Victory!

Then i followed the path and dragon killed me with his fire,i backtracked and retrived souls then went little further and there were only two paths avilable,one was to fight some kinda robot pig plus 5 enemies or this..

I went back and spent all souls on upgrading character because if i contined the path i would get killed and would lose all 12k of them :'(

You don't really have to kill that guy. He's a bit hard to parry and it's more trouble than it's worth. You can kill that pig with fire, though
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You don't really have to kill that guy. He's a bit hard to parry and it's more trouble than it's worth. You can kill that pig with fire, though
    You can kill it with fire. But then you fail at observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    You can kill it with fire. But then you fail at observation.
    That BK's attacks are slower than usual, mang. It's annoying!
    Art blog here.

Its like you people are talking in codes haha,does the piggie enemy respawn if you get killed after killing it ?

If the pig dies, it dies for real. Hope you get his hat
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Alluring skull. Bonfire. Roast pork.

Otherwise where did you found out the stuff about Dark Souls,online or ingame ? Because i have this feeling game doesn't tell you anything you need ot know :|

Otherwise where did you found out the stuff about Dark Souls,online or ingame ? Because i have this feeling game doesn't tell you anything you need ot know :|
    In my case, I knew the basics from Demon Souls (which I learned from talking to the NPCs in the hub area and experimenting).

But the key to a Souls game is to be both adventurous and cautious. Advance warily. Don't freeze up and hide (unless you are collecting all the demon titanite you need to get quelaag's furysword +5 before murderating Smough and Ornstein :p). But at the same time, think about what you do.

I'm quite cautious,i only died four times so far and i put about 7 hours in to the game :D

I'm quite cautious,i only died four times so far and i put about 7 hours in to the game :D
    You were also in newbie village for 7 hours. So be more adventurous

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Halo: Crumpets Enflamed

Just got through the level. You know, The Library? Whilst I will never defend it being boring or repetitive, I don't think it's too bad. There are some really difficult moments in it though, but you've only really just gained the shotgun for any serious amount of time. That said, the previous level, The Flood, is one of my favourites. Narrow, tight-twisting corridors where the enemy can burst out. It's very atmospheric, especially with the blood, bodies and fires everywhere. The fact as well that if you go back one way, instead of getting the lift out as you expect, it just come crashing down in flames, with the realisation you'll need to backtrack through some areas. If you just made a dash against the flood, well...

Of course, with the emergence of the flood, the assault rifle actually has a purpose. Whilst it still takes a lot of bullets to down an enemy, because of their size you can usually make every bullet hit and it, along with the shotgun, has made it the longest time I've been playing without the pistol.