Page 557 of 1257 FirstFirst ... 574575075475555565575585595676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,140 of 25139
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How does Monster Hunter play,looks quite interesting. Wish we would have something like that on pc.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    AC games are guilty pleasures for me, the last thing I want from them is frustration.
    In part of my "one game behind" principle with Ass Creed I am just starting up Ass Rev, glad to see people already de-constructing Ass3, really helps waiting for it to be ~7 ^_^

AssRev first impressions? The patcher is REALLY slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Currently playing Towns, which is good but building houses properly takes ages
    PFFT, build a multistory warehouse out of mud, station guards near its entrance, flood it with 3x3 personal rooms and food production facilities. Before you know it you have a content 200 man workforce... Building a "real town" happens pretty quickly after that and you can use the warehouse for storage.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 30-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How does Monster Hunter play,looks quite interesting. Wish we would have something like that on pc.
    I have Monste Hunter Tri, The controls take some time getting used to and can be confusing and lead to some frustration but with the Wii Pro Controller it's an amazing experience.

As for the game itself, it's all about getting a group together and hunt some beasties, harvest their remains for armor and weapon crafting and do some sub missions along the way.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

http://dolphin-emulator.com/
    Just sayin...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Avish View Post
    I are trying to get "full synchronization" every time? I found AC3 to be much more fun when giving up on getting it after 2-3 attempts.
    I stopped trying to get full synch a few games back because yeah, it totally destroys any joy one might get out of the game.

You can steamroll through most mission that way, except for the ones where getting detected is an instant "desynchronization", than the checkpoints gets annoying. But that's mainly because checkpoints and stealth rarely work together.
    This is one of the aforementioned detection missions, which is why it's such a trial-and-error operation. I take it later ones aren't any better? I swear I didn't have this problem in earlier renditions of the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Thing is, the game is not fun playing alone and you won't come very far because you need multiple people to beat bosses. But at least you can get a glimps of the gameplay.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Thing is, the game is not fun playing alone and you won't come very far because you need multiple people to beat bosses. But at least you can get a glimps of the gameplay.

+ I don't believe it will work any good on E6550,2GB RAM and 4850 512mb.. .cx

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I recently started Dead Island and hated it almost immediately. The save system, the lack of explanation for anything (although I did turn off tips, maybe that is why?), the crazy powerful zombies when you just start out, all of it. The side quests can be a bit ridiculous too: it would seem being immune makes me the only person able to leave any building. And why do people keep referring to me as a man when I'm a petite Asian woman curbstomping zombies in heels? I can't count the number of times I've had a weapon equipped when bursting through a door only to find that once I'm through and immediately threatened by a zombie, clicking LMB makes me drink alcohol. WTF is that about? I understand the need for a liquid solace in light of events surrounding the zombie apocalypse but I'd rather not partake when a zed is threatening to eat my face. I also blew myself up after making a homemade grenade because navigating and exiting the menu system sucks balls. So lame.

Eventually I realized that the game was designed around multiplayer (I'm playing solo so far) so I gave it more time than my gut told me at first, and now that I've hit level ten or so I'm enjoying it. All the faults aside, I'm a sucker for zombie games and this one looks like it has its hooks in me. We'll see if it lasts long enough for me to advance the plot in any meaningful manner.

Also, how exactly does this happen:

Last edited by Fumarole; 30-12-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Also, how exactly does this happen
    I know... man, you get up early but the undead have already taken the good spots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Ah yes, Dead Island. A title with some very rough edges. I'm not normally big on zombie games, but I quite liked that one - probably in no small part due to the world in which it is located.

On my ongoing playthrough of the Mass Effect series, which I will now definitely not finish this holiday (thanks Anno 1404!), I finished the last piece of Mass Effect 2 DLC. I'm really curious to see how I experience Mass Effect 3 after all the dozens of pages, mostly highly critical, that I've read about it since I played it after the initial release in March.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

How the fuck do you defeat that robot-pig in dark souls,i'm like giving my best hits to it and nothing.. God damn robotic pig! It took me 30 minuites to get to her and then it killed me,fuck this men.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    How the fuck do you defeat that robot-pig in dark souls,i'm like giving my best hits to it and nothing.. God damn robotic pig! It took me 30 minuites to get to her and then it killed me,fuck this men.
    If you had orange signs, you would have seen the following:

Try Stabbing in Back
    Try Fire

Like I said dude, Dark Souls is inherently a multiplayer game. And it gets GfwL pretty right for the most part. Sure connections are a bit spotty, but that might very well be the game's netcode more than anything else.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Playing Xcom: UFO defense.

Getting use to old graphics, getting familiar with UI (I need to read manual. Haven't done that in a decade? ). Did few test runs on second level difficulty as well as watching youtube videos of a gameplay.
    Not planing on actually beating the game but I love the concept (where was that game during my childhood??) so I want to get good enough and get far enough that beating the game becomes a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    If you had orange signs, you would have seen the following:

Try Stabbing in Back
    Try Fire

Like I said dude, Dark Souls is inherently a multiplayer game. And it gets GfwL pretty right for the most part. Sure connections are a bit spotty, but that might very well be the game's netcode more than anything else.

Didn't you figured out that i can't play online because game is not original copy,being without job does this things.. So yeah,only way to play this is offline. I was thinking about buying the game but it cost 45 euros in my country so i need money for bills and food.

Didn't you figured out that i can't play online because game is not original copy,being without job does this things.. So yeah,only way to play this is offline. I was thinking about buying the game but it cost 45 euros in my country so i need money for bills and food.
    I tried to assume that you weren't just being a dick and pirating it.

And what do you know, there are a bunch of sales going on right now. And you can EASILY ask somebody to buy it in a different currency (Steam is selling it for the equivalent of about 15 euros during one of the MANY times it will be on sale this week).
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    There are cheaper ways to buy the game. I think Amazon US has a Steam key for about the equivalent of 15€ right now.

Also, if you need help killing the boar... oh boy, you're in for pain. Lots and lots of pain.

Look even if if i had 15 euros buying games is not an option now,i'll just buy it when i have money. I did this for allot of the games so i don't see anything wrong with it.

On the subject of DS,i grinded for 3 hours in the beginning so i didn't encountered any stronger enemies beside fighting black knight 2 times.

Look even if if i had 15 euros buying games is not an option now,i'll just buy it when i have money. I did this for allot of the games so i don't see anything wrong with it.

On the subject of DS,i grinded for 3 hours in the beginning so i didn't encountered any stronger enemies beside fighting black knight 2 times.
    Not to tell you how to live your life, but if you don't have 15 euros/20 bucks to spare on something that has already consumed well over 7 hours of your time, you may want to reprioritize things.

And either way, I would hold off on Dark Souls until you can play it online. Its like refusing to talk to anyone or join any groups while playing an MMO: Sure you can do it (for some games :p), but it isn't anywhere near as fun.

Darksiders 1. I decided this was the game to practise using a gamepad. Still finding it a bit fiddly but I'm getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Darksiders 1. I decided this was the game to practise using a gamepad. Still finding it a bit fiddly but I'm getting there.
    In my experience, Darksiders 1 WAS a bit fiddly in terms of controls (even on the PS3). But I also never really played the 3d Zelda games, so it might have just been me.

And Four Kings dead. Pretty sure I am gonna do a Demon Souls run after this. Been a long time since I played that. Hopefully people are still online.