Page 558 of 1180 FirstFirst ... 584585085485565575585595605686086581058 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,160 of 23599
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Darksiders 1. I decided this was the game to practise using a gamepad. Still finding it a bit fiddly but I'm getting there.
    In my experience, Darksiders 1 WAS a bit fiddly in terms of controls (even on the PS3). But I also never really played the 3d Zelda games, so it might have just been me.

And Four Kings dead. Pretty sure I am gonna do a Demon Souls run after this. Been a long time since I played that. Hopefully people are still online.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    In my experience, Darksiders 1 WAS a bit fiddly in terms of controls (even on the PS3). But I also never really played the 3d Zelda games, so it might have just been me.

And Four Kings dead. Pretty sure I am gonna do a Demon Souls run after this. Been a long time since I played that. Hopefully people are still online.
    Yeah, using the powers can be tricky. Especially trying to memorise which combination of the myriad buttons to press.

I'm mainly practising for Dark Souls though. I Figured that game was hard enough as it is without trying to learn a new control system at the same time. Hopefully by the time I've gone through Darksiders 1 and 2 it'll be second nature.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Not to tell you how to live your life, but if you don't have 15 euros/20 bucks to spare on something that has already consumed well over 7 hours of your time, you may want to reprioritize things.

And either way, I would hold off on Dark Souls until you can play it online. Its like refusing to talk to anyone or join any groups while playing an MMO: Sure you can do it (for some games :p), but it isn't anywhere near as fun.

Maybe you're right men,if the online is such a big part of game then its best to wait for money and buy the god damn game. But how does signs/coop work,can i see something in game if you wrote in you's ? If i want help with some boss,how do i know that guy won't attack me ?

Otherwise i'm waiting for this paycheck for 2 weeks now,maybe if i find somewhere cheap DS i'll aquire it :3 oooo This is happy idea :3

Ps. Come one men playing with gamepad couldn't be more easy :D Its easier then playing with K/M for sure.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    There are cheaper ways to buy the game. I think Amazon US has a Steam key for about the equivalent of 15 right now.
    It has been on sale on Amazon for 15 USD repeatedly which is about the equivalent of 12 euro-bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Also, if you need help killing the boar... oh boy, you're in for pain. Lots and lots of pain.
    This man is speaking the truth.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Yeah, using the powers can be tricky. Especially trying to memorise which combination of the myriad buttons to press.

I'm mainly practising for Dark Souls though. I Figured that game was hard enough as it is without trying to learn a new control system at the same time. Hopefully by the time I've gone through Darksiders 1 and 2 it'll be second nature.
    Different schemes, and I find Dark Souls (and Demon before it) to have a very crisp control scheme that you'll pick up during the tutorial. L1/LB for block, L2/LT for parry/bash, R1/RB for attack, R2/RB for strong attack. Circle/B for run, X/A for use, Square/X for item, and I forget what triangle/Y does (and I am in the game right now :p). Dark Souls isn't about combos and complex sequences, and is all about timing and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Maybe you're right men,if the online is such a big part of game then its best to wait for money and buy the god damn game. But how does signs/coop work,can i see something in game if you wrote in you's ? If i want help with some boss,how do i know that guy won't attack me ?

Otherwise i'm waiting for this paycheck for 2 weeks now,maybe if i find somewhere cheap DS i'll aquire it :3 oooo This is happy idea :3

Ps. Come one men playing with gamepad couldn't be more easy :D Its easier then playing with K/M for sure.
    As mentioned, it has been on sale repeatedly for cheap. Hell, I'm probably going to buy it for a friend next time I see it at 15 and just make him buy me lunch one day (so 5-8 dollars). He has an XBOX 360 and is a moron, so the only options are to make him get a PS3 or hope it works with his on-board graphics card (tech wise it should, but it doesn't say "nvidia" or "amd" which is the only check many games seem to make).

And if you summon someone from a white/gold sign, they will help you and actually can't attack you (they CAN grief you by kiting a bunch of enemies, but most don't seem to realize that). If someone uses the orange sign soapstone to write a message, that goes into the global message system and somehow pops up in other places depending upon RNGs and upvoting. Then there is the PvP aspect of it which is an entire post in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    This man is speaking the truth.
    Especially once they get protection for their poopy holes
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Inspired byt Mafia II's plot/mechanics infusion I'm trying to play GTA IV straight, no fighting, killing, nicking or anything of the sort unless it's required for storyline progress, and driving as law abiding as is possible without getting bored.
    The idea is to test the story on it's own merits basically and try and really play it in a way which makes dramatic sense, rather than simply going postal and killing fifteen grandmas in between each plot incident. I wanted to see if doing this gave subtext and more weight to Niko's narrative arc.

It was going quite well. There were a few hitches like the time that I realised that I was driving off with my date's car who I had only just met (went back, dropped it off and walked home), or when a speeding ambulance hit me which made me hit the cops which meant I had to run over someone to escape. But it was plausible enough.

Then my next mission involved me happily agreeing to shoot three Jamaican dudes and then invading a home at the behest of a man I'd only just met and who had openly admitted was paranoid and stoned off his face. There was a nice emergent moment that would have made it all just seem like some shifty business gone way out of control, but the fact that my character happily agreed to do it again sometime afterward as though it was no big deal sort of ruined any pretense that Niko was looking to make something honest of himself and just got in a little deep.

From my brief time with the game before I always felt that it was the open world elements which made a mockery of the supposed moral conflicts that the game is trying to push, but it's actually the plot in hindsight. The plot of a man who never asks for anything legitimate in regards to work at any point and embraces beating people up and killing them without hesitation on his first few days in the country.

It's been great fun so far but it's galling to see that they have literally everything there to make it the story they want to tell-a huge, bustling, unpredictable world full of colour and culture and vibrancy and systems and incidents in which it would be easy to create tensions and sense of a fate and powers bigger than the protagonist-and that the only thing holding it back is the literal script. I'll keep on with it though.

It looks very pretty with the ENB shaders too, although everything is a little bright inside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Finally completed Halo on Legendary (read: hardest difficulty) and I'm glad I did. It's still so very fun. The game gets so much better with the introduction of the Flood (barring The Library level) where the 3-way fight allows you to sometimes move out of combat in favour for slinking on by, or at least helping an enemy to make someone easier prey later. Not to mention by then you've got the shotgun, a weapon made for the purest intentions of denying anyone who comes within 20m of you any sense of life, fly around with the banshee and you're starting to work out little tricks that can help you.

What I really like about the difficulty modes in Halo titles is how they force you to change how you play. Yes you take a little more damage, but there's a much greater demand for tactical thinking; when should I use what grenade? Should I hold onto this weapon later on so that I can hope there's some ammo for it? I think maybe once or twice in the entire campaign did I melee an Elite to death, and they were from behind where it's an instant kill. Unlike Heroic (a step down) where you can just about get away with it, or even normal where it's a totally valid tactic, melee is a matter of last resort. It is a shame that there's almost a reliance on the killer combo of the plasma pistol (charging it and firing creates a homing EMP that drains the shields of any foe) and the pistol (it has a zoom and if not for the shotgun, is your de facto ultimate killing machine), but with the 3-way later on, you can start mixing and matching as the foes you fight varies so much, you simply can't rely on anything. Even the shotgun, which if you're not careful with, you will run out of ammo.

What I like most though are just those set-piece moments that Bungie completely nailed. There are very few gaming experiences as brilliant as the final trench run in the warthog, with the theme tune blaring, the distance to travel and the timer in the corner reminding you that you need to get the hell away. Throw on top of that the fighting between forces in the run and various things exploding and you've got a final level made of fun. It is certainly one of my very favourite endings, giving you a real sense of satisfaction for getting through the game.