Page 560 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 604605105505585595605615625706106601060 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,200 of 23140
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I've not played it but I don't really see the problem with that either. Unless you think that games must equal fun making the player feel negative or uncomfortable feelings isn't a problem in my opinion, if that's done right.
    Yes, it's fine if instead of fun, it creates an emotional response on the player.

Not so fine if the main response is "boooo~ring; but it's the only way to get the 'good' ending".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Yes, it's fine if instead of fun, it creates an emotional response on the player.

Not so fine if the main response is "boooo~ring; but it's the only way to get the 'good' ending".
    Yeah, that was something I found annoying.

Reminded me of Splinter Cell and the Metal Gear Solids.

SC: You are supposed to stealth and never get into a firefight (outside of one or two set pieces), so you might very well never use the shotgun attachment or even the sleep gas grenade

MGS (particularly 4): You are supposed to minimize killing and avoid being caught, but you have so many fun toys like the grenade launcher or just about every gun in MGS4.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Thou hast failed in observation.
    I once saw a man back-stabbing the pig's ass. Though, in the beta build
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I once saw a man back-stabbing the pig's ass. Though, in the beta build
    It works in the actual game. And it's incredibly easy to pull off. No need to go around dealing with all the other undeads and yadda yadda alluring skull fire. Just bust it's ass. Dead.

Just finished Thirty Flights of Loving, all fifteen minutes of it.

I don't get it. I really don't. Much like Dear Esther, it's stylish, but there's nothing beyond that, for me at least.

For me to like a game, there needs to be some sort of mechanic, something to become addicted to, something to PLAY. These sorts of games do not have that; you either 'get' the story it's trying to tell, or you don't.

If that's the case, which it is for me, there's absolutely nothing for me to praise. It's simply a game I played, and that's it.

Also started Dead Rising 2. I like it, but I also hate it.

Combat is decent, and I really like the combining weapons mechanic. However, almost everything else is putting me off.

The save system is totally antiquated. It reminds me of the old Resident Evil games, when you had to run off and find a typewriter whenever you needed to save. Also, it really bothers me that there isn't a run button. The guy you control is almost as slow as the zombies.

I've had two game over screens since I started. One was caused by the game's marvellous friendly AI, which decided to shoot me in the back of the head rather than the zombies. (Friendly fire? Seriously?)

The other was caused by me running out of time in a mission critical quest, and unfortunately, my latest save is now stuck in this unwinnable position. I'm debating whether or not if I can be bothered going back to an earlier save and repeating everything I had been doing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Don't restart, just lose the narrative and keep exploring unlocking content and getting points. If you ever do decide to go back to the story you'll be better equipped.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    How to break off from being arrested in GTA4,it happened allot of the time now and i lose all my weapons because of a stupid arrest,can't remember how i did this before-.-

I was just viewing the Memorial in the barracks in my base in XCOM. Wow. You know, I have never felt this genuine sense of loss for a videogame character before. R.I.P Cpt. Owusu.
    Art blog here.

I've tried another Skyrim playthrough.
    Modded to the bone with all sorts of gameplay enhancing mod : Frostfall, Diseases and Needs, Skyre, Requiem...but I still can't get myself to finish it.
    All the quests are such a bore, the NPCs are way worst than they were in Oblivion and the voice acting is one the worst I've ever heard (I guess there's only three actors).

At the end of the day it's a big empty shell.

I'm playing ME2 now, and for all the harsh criticism Bioware gets the game is on a whole other level.
    Just met the "Patriarch" in the Afterlife Bar in Omega...just a cameo but it's like russian litterature compared to Bethesda horrible writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Game Dev Story on the Nexus 7. Christ it's absurdly addictive. One I'd definitely recommend, but be aware it will grab you.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I've tried another Skyrim playthrough.
    Modded to the bone with all sorts of gameplay enhancing mod : Frostfall, Diseases and Needs, Skyre, Requiem...but I still can't get myself to finish it.
    All the quests are such a bore, the NPCs are way worst than they were in Oblivion and the voice acting is one the worst I've ever heard (I guess there's only three actors).
    I felt the same way for Skyrim, too. I'm trying to push myself to going on my usual barbarian adventures in this large beautiful winter 'wonderland' but sadly, I just can't bring myself to explore the whole place, especially when the cities and caves are small. God, they're small. Raiding bandit hideouts don't work for me either. *sigh*
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    How to break off from being arrested in GTA4,it happened allot of the time now and i lose all my weapons because of a stupid arrest,can't remember how i did this before-.-
    I'm going to give my GTA IV playthrough a break for now, on account that's it's more demanding than my actual life. I have to commute, work, check my emails, see people, do errands for people and all sorts of other shit. I'm on holiday, that stuff isn't supposed to happen just now.

I mean, it's an incredible world and achievement-the way the traffic and the trains and people just go about their way, it's truly remarkable-it's so huge yet so detailed and intricate too, properly a marvel. And with the ICE shaders it looks amazing to boot. But it's too much of an investment for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Game Dev Story on the Nexus 7. Christ it's absurdly addictive. One I'd definitely recommend, but be aware it will grab you.
    Everything Kairosoft does is kind of amazing. :-P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I'm going to give my GTA IV playthrough a break for now, on account that's it's more demanding than my actual life. I have to commute, work, check my emails, see people, do errands for people and all sorts of other shit. I'm on holiday, that stuff isn't supposed to happen just now.

I mean, it's an incredible world and achievement-the way the traffic and the trains and people just go about their way, it's truly remarkable-it's so huge yet so detailed and intricate too, properly a marvel. And with the ICE shaders it looks amazing to boot. But it's too much of an investment for me at the moment.

Ah i just ignore phone calls so i don't notice that,and at beginning of GTA4 you need to check some emails but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    Of course, I say fair in the "I died because of my mistake" sense.
    (Premise: I'm a terrible player.)
    Dunno, with some elements randomized, like weapons on some (not all) white suits and reaction times - I failed countless times because the enemies reacted incredibly fast or a group had a combination of weapons that made my plan useless: unless I stopped and checked beforehand what weapons they had in hand and adjusted accordingly.

But forcing the player to stop and look is a combo breaker and also a pace breaker, the moments where I liked the game the most were the ones where it let me connect killings in a seamless flow. Instead it kept throwing at me more or less open areas with a number of enemies moving on different patterns, so it was really hard to predict if they have lined up and thus some areas can be traversed safely, unless, again, I stopped and looked.

Plus it's literally a big shaking pile of glitches and bugs: for one, I could shot enemies point blank without them dying. Worse, the game will routinely wake up enemies who are literally screens away and just when you think you've wrapped the level up, they pop up unexpectedly and bust your ass. This bug is particularly easy to spot in one of the later chapters (spoiler: police station second floor IIRC), if you use the quiet gunshot mask.

Unlike other players, I wasn't affected by crashes but I had to replay a sizeable chapter from scratch because of some weird bug that didn't look like a bug until the error message came up. And I hated being unable to save progress inside a chapter. Some chapters were stressful to me, so I grew tired (and thus sloppy) after playing two or three in a row: for some reason this always seemed to happen when I was on the last stage of a chapter - and I just wanted to quit but the idea of losing all progress looked more stressful than to grind through. Needless to say this affected quite negatively my enjoyment of the game.

And I could go on: the UI has also all kinds of clunky design choices. Steam overlay didn't work for me (some players seemingly can't even use Steamworks at all), and even though all the achievements I got were correctly unlocked, others I didn't unlock were incorrectly awarded to me anyway. And keys couldn't be remapped and there's likely more I can't quite remember right now.

I haven't played enough 2012 games to say it deserves GOTY or not, but some parts of the game looked incredibly undercooked to me.

tl;dr: loved: artstyle & animations, basic premise/idea and story delivery; music; gameplay - the feeling of connecting deaths in a flowing style is pure exhilaration.
    hated: level design, on large levels with open areas, rewarding the player for moving slowly and spamming look and lock (no feeling of flow); sheer amount of bugs (check steam forums!); can't save progress inside chapters.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Okay, a word in your ear.

Brotherhood is dwarfed by Revelations,
    1)Less narrative choke points than any game in the series (not played 3 yet) tutorials optional, as soon as I landed in the main city I did a few narrative missions and then wandered off and started unlocking trainee assassins(who I send off like dogs fetching sticks).

2)The Architecture has more variety, it's a game about climbing stuff... Thank you for letting me do that with variety.

3) For the first time in the series the first act does not end by robbing you of everything sorta... (you go like 30 minutes between losing your hidden blades etc. to getting everything and more back so I'll excuse that)

4)Optional tutorials, I mentioned it in passing above but it's a biggy, when I get an item or walk near a kind of character the game days "press back for tutorial (360 pad)" it'd be tough for a first time player to spot that in the hubub but it suits me fine.

Negatives? Where's the horses dawg?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Somehow I ended up playing Fallout 2 for the n-th time. Combat is as terrible as usual but those first parts of the game when I scavenge stuff while being underpowered tribal who runs from simple geckos I absolutely love. It usually gets boring somewhere at Vault City though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Revelations was Istanbul (not Constantinople), right? If so, it technically STARTS with you losing everything. Since the main point of that in Brotherhood was to avoid starting you off with every sword in the game and a full suit of super-armor. It is just that, instead of starting with your house exploding after boinking someone, it starts with you leaving said house to go to a foreign land.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Somehow I ended up playing Fallout 2 for the n-th time. Combat is as terrible
    Your face is terrible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Your face is terrible.
    Your mum is terrible.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.