Page 562 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 624625125525605615625635645726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,240 of 24802
    I finally unpacked my PC (3 months... I missed you so much ! ) and broke one of my steam sales rules: I bought a game at 50%... Torchlight 2.

I'll play in duo with a friend. He plays a crazy Berserker with a grey wolf. I play Lord Victor, a civilized engineer with an amazing moustache and monocle,whose familiar is a ferret with goggles... Mr Spark.

We just started but had tons of fun playing it for about an hour. We play in veteran and already died once (ok I died because I AFKed)... Anyway, the difficulty seems more satisfying than D3.

Will try to play some more soon. I have to find a guide so I don't botch my leveling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Oh the irony.

The combat is exactly what they tried to keep the same.

From the original, that is.
    Shot (or should that be stabbed?) myself in the foot there somewhat didn't I?

For the record I really don't like the original 2D game. If only because I was absolutely terrible at it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Borderlands is going to be my go to game I think. Great fun for a few hours in SP, gets boring after that but it's fun to nibble at. Now work is starting up I won't have tens of hours for gaming any more I don't think so that will suit me well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I take it you don't mean the original 2D games? So, are you referencing PoP 3D or Sands of Time?
    The last PoP I played was the first PoP, and by that I mean this PoP:

But I read your post and immediately thought of the GTA series which, for some people, apparently started with 3. >:C
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    But I read your post and immediately thought of the GTA series which, for some people, apparently started with 3. >:C
    What is this "3" you speak of? I thought the series started with Vice City!

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    1994 XCOM Enemy Unkown or 2012 XCOM Enemy Unknown?
    According to his earlier posts, it's probably the Gollops' version.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    GTA: London asked you to come outside.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Good answer: Test out a few different weapons, see what move set you like. Then see if those types of weapons are dex or strength based.

Correct answer: Dex. Dex is best
    Getting your strength up is also good in case you find huge ass weapons.

Started my backlogging with Mark of The Ninja, took me a while to get in to but really enjoying it so far. Reloading to checkpoints a lot since I'm a perfectionist.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    GTA: London asked you to come outside.

GTA 1 would love to have word with Londong in the basement..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I take it you don't mean the original 2D games?
    I do mean the original 2D game, where fights were (almost) all mano a mano affairs with a very simple combat system. It was Sands of Time that introduced acrobatics that put Devil May Cry to shame.

The '08 PoP also had mano a mano fights with a very simple combat system, except you could move in z axis. I always though it was a nice touch.

DotA 2, I just carry my team with Warlock, against easy bot, ofc. Almost forgot how powerful Warlock is, Fatal Bonds is really deadly.
    Guess I'll be playing this for a long time. Thanks, Knufinke for the key

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovac View Post
    DotA 2, I just carry my team with Warlock, against easy bot, ofc. Almost forgot how powerful Warlock is, Fatal Bonds is really deadly.
    Guess I'll be playing this for a long time. Thanks, Knufinke for the key

Beta is still up,right ?

Or are people already playing full game.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    ... and I thought the series ended with Vice City ...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Getting your strength up is also good in case you find huge ass weapons.

Started my backlogging with Mark of The Ninja, took me a while to get in to but really enjoying it so far. Reloading to checkpoints a lot since I'm a perfectionist.
    Well, keep in mind that points in strength are potentially a waste if you aren't using a good strength-scaling weapon (or need it to wield).

My current character (Nito, Four Kings, and Seathe dead. On my way to the DLC before I rock out in Izalith) only has 16 strength and around 28 dex (gonna level up a few times soon). I can use a wide variety of swords (Balder is my straight, Quelaag's is my curved, Flamberge is my great) as well as spears (Silver Knight's is my divine, Lightning Winged is my lightning :p). Suits me pretty well since even the Flamberge is kind of slow for my tastes (but fun). 16 seems to be enough to use just about everything I want, so works for me
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    ... and I thought the series ended with Vice City ...
    Time Paradox!

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    According to his earlier posts, it's probably the Gollops' version.
    AKA XCOM UFO Defense. Gotcha.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

GTA ended with Saints Row 3.

That said, I finished Spellforce 2 plus expansion the other day and, well, it wasn't particularly great. Like a combination of Warcraft 3 and Dawn of War 2 but not nearly as good as either. For the most part it was just bland. The story doesn't go anywhere, the missions are not particularly inspired, the dialogue is bad and the RPG parts are simply too unchallenging. The expansion is a major improvement in most areas but still not too great. At least the voice acting is tolerable now...mostly. Can't say I am too optimistic about Faith In Destiny, which I will play some time later this year.
    For now I will continue with Kotor 2 that I started some time around last August. Ten hours in and still no lightsaber.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Banned
    GTA ended with Prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    For now I will continue with Kotor 2 that I started some time around last August. Ten hours in and still no lightsaber.
    I remember a Star Wars game where the blaster rifle started as and remained the player's primary weapon. I still think it one of the strongest titles for the IP. One manner in which all Star Wars games cheapen Star Wars is the ease at which you get the lightsaber, as if they're handed out free with every third shot of espresso.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Well, keep in mind that points in strength are potentially a waste if you aren't using a good strength-scaling weapon (or need it to wield).

My current character (Nito, Four Kings, and Seathe dead. On my way to the DLC before I rock out in Izalith) only has 16 strength and around 28 dex (gonna level up a few times soon). I can use a wide variety of swords (Balder is my straight, Quelaag's is my curved, Flamberge is my great) as well as spears (Silver Knight's is my divine, Lightning Winged is my lightning :p). Suits me pretty well since even the Flamberge is kind of slow for my tastes (but fun). 16 seems to be enough to use just about everything I want, so works for me
    Fair enough. But you're gonna be fine with the dragonsword for a while though.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog