Page 564 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 644645145545625635645655665746146641064 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 23331
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Niko! Want to go to the strip club and see beeg American teetees?

Niko! Want to go to the bowling alley? And then maybe to the strip club?

Niko! Niko! Niko!
    He doesn't call that often. It's just that Niko keeps going outside and making new friends, which means more calls, until juggling relationships is a full time job in itself. Why can't he just stay in his apartment and browse the shopping channel like everyone else?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar

Consequently, what the fuck happened with Mark Hamill's face?
    Motor cycle accident which necessitated significant reconstructive surgery. That's why he looks so different in Return of the Jedi, actually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Motor cycle accident which necessitated significant reconstructive surgery. That's why he looks so different in Return of the Jedi, actually.
    I know that part. I'm talking about recently. He looks like Martin Sheen's face after a round in the microwave oven. It's the added corpulence, you see.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I know that part. I'm talking about recently. He looks like Martin Sheen's face after a round in the microwave oven. It's the added corpulence, you see.
    Ah, haven't seen him lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So I was away for the holidays, no computer, and I found out that the book I had brought had a printing error and was missing 30 pages.

And then I discovered King of Dragon Pass for the iphone thingy. And then I learned to play it. And then it consumed me.
    I bought it in the GoG sale after looking at it longingly for a while, playing the tutorial now.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Crusader Kings 2. What is this I don't even...

I went through all the tutorials and then jumped into the game only to be completely lost as to what I should be even attempting to do. I'll conquer this beast yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post

I went through all the tutorials and then jumped into the game only to be completely lost as to what I should be even attempting to do. I'll conquer this beast yet.
    You're looking at it like a normal strategy game, not a Paradox game. Don't worry about what you "should be attempting to do" because there's no set path required and no pre-fixed goal to achieve. Pdox games are sandboxes in a very real sense, see what happens, react to it, set your own goals and try to achieve them, that's the way to play. The result is that you don't have to understand everything from the off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Start executing every guy with a beard, they are hiding their chins... SUSPICIOUS
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Dark Souls, finally. You know how I know this game is good? Because I'm loving it even though the controls are about as responsive as a washbasin full of marmalade and the camera is controlled by a squirrel on nitrous.
    Sometimes I write things

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMcCaffrey View Post
    Dark Souls, finally. You know how I know this game is good? Because I'm loving it even though the controls are about as responsive as a washbasin full of marmalade and the camera is controlled by a squirrel on nitrous.

Controls are perfectly fine men,camera can give you trouble sometimes need to admit that.

ps. FUCK GTA and its stupid flaws in every fucking game,am kill this guy then escape the police,ok i have 4 stars nothing bad just give me something to drive ? No ? Why ? Empty streets. Ok i'll run and hijack fucking police car which i can't repaint,then add my challenging realistic damage mod for both cars and people (one big hit you can't drive car anymore,2 shots you're dead) ..FUCK YOU FUCKY O:.... I broke keyboard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    IF you think the camera is bad now, wait until you are fighting Crystal Golems on a narrow (or even invisible) walkway. Few games ever disorient me/make me nauseous. I always get a severe sense of vertigo during those

And still Dark Souling, just farming Titanite Chunks to +15 my Flamberge since apparently the DLC hates elemental weapons (and this is the time I decide to embrace them :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm surprised this is the first time anyone has mentioned those two problems. Getting clobbered by a giant because you messed up the timing on something? Fine. Getting clobbered by a giant or falling to your death because the game didn't pick up you pressing B in time or the camera suddenly warped 4 feet to the side? Not OK.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    I'm surprised this is the first time anyone has mentioned those two problems. Getting clobbered by a giant because you messed up the timing on something? Fine. Getting clobbered by a giant or falling to your death because the game didn't pick up you pressing B in time or the camera suddenly warped 4 feet to the side? Not OK.
    The game is pretty responsive, you just can't spam the button at the very last instant and expect it to work.

Camera is crap at times though
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Completed Thomas Was Alone in an afternoon. What I'm about to write may constitute spoilers.

The narration is the meat of the game, but the puzzles are not bad either, not bad at all. I just wish there wasn't such a disconnect between the gameplay and the story. Sure, the cubes have a few personality traits that relate somewhat to their attributes, but the way the cubes interact with each other is always the same. I feel like there's a great deal of missed potential here, because I can think of a few ways that the gameplay might have reinforced the cubes' personalities. What if other cubes refused to let Laura rest on them? What if Jo was unable to be separated a certain distance from her husband?

Regardless, the game did a sterling effort of imbuing simple quadrilaterals with distinct personalities. I think it's a testament to how easily people anthropomorphise, provided with a relatable degree of characterisation. I was surprised to feel very empathic to Chris every time he had to rely on another cube to progress, and especially whenever he was helping Laura to get ahead. It's kind of like role-playing in that regard. You get into a cube's mindset every time you take control of them. I never realised that interpreting social relations could come so naturally. After I finished it I didn't feel particularly impressed, but now that I have a chance to reflect, it's actually quite an extraordinary game.

Lemme guess. You're playing with a KB&M, innit?
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Lemme guess. You're playing with a KB&M, innit?
    No, controller, but maybe I should try KB&M. How much worse could it be?

Too much of the game's difficulty comes from being unable to aim properly - "properly" meaning, here, "at all." Unless locking on a target, my avatar insists on turning only to directly face one of the cardinal directions, and the camera has no direct relationship to where I'm actually looking. So, among other things, archery is pointless unless I'm close enough to lock on, which is only at the point where archery's suicide.

I've come to terms with this and I'm enjoying the experience overall, but it's a game based almost entirely on precise close-quarter combat, so I'm kind of amazed it shipped like this. The melee in Riddick or Xeno Clash is ten times better.
    Sometimes I write things

No, controller, but maybe I should try KB&M. How much worse could it be?

Too much of the game's difficulty comes from being unable to aim properly - "properly" meaning, here, "at all." Unless locking on a target, my avatar insists on turning only to directly face one of the cardinal directions, and the camera has no direct relationship to where I'm actually looking. So, among other things, archery is pointless unless I'm close enough to lock on, which is only at the point where archery's suicide.

I've come to terms with this and I'm enjoying the experience overall, but it's a game based almost entirely on precise close-quarter combat, so I'm kind of amazed it shipped like this. The melee in Riddick or Xeno Clash is ten times better.
    Hit L1/LB to zoom when you have your bow out

Do NOT fight without locking on to a target unless under VERY special conditions.

Good job. By playing the game correctly, it is much more fun :p

So, stick with the lock-on when you're fighting anything small or fast. That's pretty important, especially in this game. And you know, you can just aim with a bow and arrow rather than locking on. Not with a crossbow, which is a bullshit.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Hit L1/LB to zoom when you have your bow out

This is excellent news. You have done a good thing here, today.

But my other gripes stand.
    Last edited by GunnerMcCaffrey; 03-01-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    Sometimes I write things

Second game of Civ V (this time with the G&K expansion) finished. Or not! I wanted to get a couple achievements for social policies, so I moved into the Just One More Turn phase. Tell you what? best choice I ever made. After messing around for a while with missionaries to undermine the islamic religion of al-Hashrun on the other continent (tiny map), which of course led to an almost complete dominance of my own religion, Pussianism - the guy threw a tantrum, and attacked one of the city states (all of which I had kept fantastic rapports with - after all I seized a diplomatic victory!).

So it was only kind to send my own little mecha over, right? and just to be on the safe side, a teeny tiny nuclear sub complete with warheads (even though we chinos are very friendly, it doesn't mean we don't pack our big stick when taking a trip over the pond!). Couldn't help but drop a nuke on the arabian ranks... oh man, the fallout! but al-Hashrun is not an adversary to be underestimated, having no fleet of my own (no one for it while I'm grinding culture for cheevos), he managed to drop a little radioactive sugarpill on my west coast city, didn't look like a walk in the park anymore!

We stood our ground and hit back (deep pockets always help a lot), and it didn't end badly at all: the guy came over to me asking for truce and threw a city in the deal! having established a foothold on the other continent, I'm preparing to strike back ...this is looking like a lot of fun :)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"