Page 566 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 664665165565645655665675685766166661066 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,320 of 25157
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Completed Mark of The Ninja as my first in my massive backlog.

Amazing and super satisfying game, this is how you make a stealth game work folks. Have not gotten every bit of unlockable and challenge yet but will do that on my leisure along with NG+.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    "Fisting is a sin." - GTA4.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Currently started Gemini Rue. Not far enough in to form much of an impression yet other than the quality of the voice acting is variable at best and that it proves once again that old school adventure games shouldn't do combat. Hopefully there's some plot development soon, it's dangled some intrigue now I need a juicy morsel of "starting to get an idea what is going on" to keep me going!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Looking at some stats in GTA4 and i noticed that i spent 70bucks on prostitues ? When ? what the hell haha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Looking at some stats in GTA4 and i noticed that i spent 70bucks on prostitues ? When ? what the hell haha.
    That's either a lot of cheap ones or one expensive one. ;p
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    All together now . . .

And in the game?

Someone had to!

Yes. Yes they did.

I'd be horribly disappointed if no one did.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    I spent 20 years watching my incompetent chancellor trying to manufacture a claim on a nearby county, while actively not stopping my wife from killing my firstborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Currently started Gemini Rue. Not far enough in to form much of an impression yet other than the quality of the voice acting is variable at best and that it proves once again that old school adventure games shouldn't do combat. Hopefully there's some plot development soon, it's dangled some intrigue now I need a juicy morsel of "starting to get an idea what is going on" to keep me going!
    As someone who is rarely impressed with stories in games, I have to admit, Gemini Rue was a pleasant surprise for me. I don't remember it being especially clever or complex, but it was very well told and kept me wanting to know what was round the next corner.

I don't remember much bad voice acting, well, I might let it off on a few dodgy lines being a indie game, but the main characters sounded good. Also, I swear combat only happens like twice in the game and is really simple and easy both times. Far far better game than The Longest Journey which was boring me to tears at certain points.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Finished first island of FarCry 3 and goddamn I am loving this game. Can't wait to use my Heavy Takedown ability as those fat bastards have been annoying me for ages. If only there was a good, silent way of taking out dogs as they can be a big problem otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Gemini Rue is cool
    Ah thank you, I wanted to say something nice about GR and felt frustrated not being able to. Some days words really don't want to leave their bed.

I hated the combat in the demo, but eventually got used to it. Can't say it's this huge satisfaction, but it fits in the context of the story, makes it feel more like a proper noire.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I don't remember much bad voice acting, well, I might let it off on a few dodgy lines being a indie game, but the main characters sounded good. Also, I swear combat only happens like twice in the game and is really simple and easy both times.
    I was perhaps a bit harsh, the voice overs were not offensively bad, just a tad on the bland side for the most part and not helped by seemingly not having particularly high quality recording equipment, as there's a disconcerting tinniness to some of the voices at times.

Good to know the combat doesn't crop up too often. It really isn't their fault the combat is unsatisfying, if you want a gun fight in a 2D adventure game there's only a few ways of doing it and all of them are rubbish (alas I don't have any bright ideas for alternatives other than cutscenes which really a satisfying solution). To be fair this seems to be a slightly better effort than most.

Looking back my initial post is more negative than I intended and didn't quite get over the fact I'm mostly optimistic that I'm going to enjoy it!
    Last edited by Lambchops; 04-01-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Hmm... Anyone care to tell me how to get the lemon from the chef in The Journey Down?

Network Hub
    Will try to finish Spec Ops: The Line this weekend. Started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum again so I can get it off my backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Finished first island of FarCry 3 and goddamn I am loving this game. Can't wait to use my Heavy Takedown ability as those fat bastards have been annoying me for ages. If only there was a good, silent way of taking out dogs as they can be a big problem otherwise.
    You can use the Recursive Bow which is completely silent, but I think guards still notice the dead bodies of dogs, so best to drop them where the corpse can't be seen. You can use thrown rocks to lure them away.

The takedowns are awesome, my personal fave is the knife throw takedown, makes me feel so badass. Grenade takedown is also pretty useful when you need to 'go loud'.
    Last edited by airtekh; 04-01-2013 at 01:42 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrki View Post
    I spent 20 years watching my incompetent chancellor trying to manufacture a claim on a nearby county, while actively not stopping my wife from killing my firstborn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    If only there was a good, silent way of taking out dogs as they can be a big problem otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Hmm... Anyone care to tell me how to get the lemon from the chef?

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    All together now . . .

And in the game?
    Its one of those days.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Hmm... Anyone care to tell me how to get the lemon from the chef in The Journey Down?
    I have finished that game twice and can't remember the lemon. Do you know how that makes me feel? If you're still stuck there, you could try giving me some more details, though.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Huzzah. Looks like I am definitely starting that re-run of Demon Souls in the next week or so. Gonna be available on the PSN so massive influx of new players AND a pure white world tendency event.

As far as my Dark Souls run: Have my +15 Flamberge, just have to do the DLC, Izalith, and the final boss.

As far as Far Cry 3: Bugger if I know since apparently there are multiple islands? But I am having fun, so I call that progress :p
    Last edited by gundato; 04-01-2013 at 02:44 AM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    the lemon doesn't come from the chef iirc. it's in a mug in the office, and i'm p sure you can just take it without any fuss.

I'm playing Borderlands 2, now that I'm done with Far Cry 3.