Page 567 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 674675175575655665675685695776176671067 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,340 of 24125
    Finally got myself a squad of six in XCOM, enough to bring the entire house to Saporro. It was a glorious laser-show
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Finally got myself a squad of six in XCOM, enough to bring the entire house to Saporro. It was a glorious laser-show
    Biatch. 've been running with squad of 11 for ages now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Biatch. 've been running with squad of 11 for ages now!
    *sniff* i know.....
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    the lemon doesn't come from the chef iirc. it's in a mug in the office, and i'm p sure you can just take it without any fuss.
    *smacks head* Of course. I was too distracted by the bird in the bush to notice the bird in my hand. Bwana and his poor substitutes.

so I get this weird graphics of hyperspace
    the fuck?

anyone else experienced that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    What do you mean, is it not moving?

In any case, I think you only get to see the Hyperspace background when leaving the Mining Station.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    What do you mean, is it not moving?

In any case, I think you only get to see the Hyperspace background when leaving the Mining Station.
    you always see it when in transit. and you see it move. but instead of being all nice and smooth it looks like in the pic.

also swoop racing is broken for me. it should not be. does one need to patch steam version of the game with official patch first?

you always see it when in transit. and you see it move. but instead of being all nice and smooth it looks like in the pic.

also swoop racing is broken for me. it should not be. does one need to patch steam version of the game with official patch first?
    I was about to jump into Kotor II, but after your experiences I'll take a pass. Had enough issues with Kotor I already.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I was about to jump into Kotor II, but after your experiences I'll take a pass. Had enough issues with Kotor I already.
    Apparently the issue is with steam and widescreen. going to try to play at 4:3 resolution (need to reinstall things. hope my save works)

and dont get me wrong. The game is amazing. ive beaten it five or six times before. not with the restored content tough.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    It does the same thing with me. But you're only in transit once, right? The rest of the time you go from planet to planet instantly, and a look outside the ship reveals normal space.
    also swoop racing is broken for me.
    I've never managed to fix that. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Some of the best RPGs are buggy messes, comes with the territory.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Swoop race is a notorious glitch, and it was broken for me too.

Network Hub
    Playing back through Dead Space 1 and 2 in anticipation of the next game hitting soon. Not sure why, but the style of this series has always resonated with me. Particularly the Ishimura, which has exactly the right feel for what I would expect from a deep space mining colony. It sucks that it doesn't have proper Steamworks support though. Game saves aren't even stored to the cloud. Don't know if that's just lazy or if it released before some of those features were available...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Dead Space are very predictable,you come to a hallway and boom light is turned off,then you see the went and boom,grrawgrgr gr r rgr monstels come to hunt you down :D

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Dead Space are very predictable,you come to a hallway and boom light is turned off,then you see the went and boom,grrawgrgr gr r rgr monstels come to hunt you down :D
    I can't disagree with that. But for some reason, it's just one of those games that works for me, from the level design to the art style to the creatures (HUGE fan of the film The Thing).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Dead Space is very predictable but it's still a fun series to play through. I'd love them to sort the music out as that's the biggest killer of any sense of tension. Having said that, when you end up going back to the Ishimura in DS2 I immediately thought "not this again", but not because I thought it was lazy to reuse the ship, but because I generally didn't want to have to fight on that damn ship again!

I've been playin Civ V. Alexander the Great has been leading a rather unsuccessful 1000 year war against me. So far he's managed to do little more than harass me and he lost a city for his troubles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kstress71 View Post
    I can't disagree with that. But for some reason, it's just one of those games that works for me, from the level design to the art style to the creatures (HUGE fan of the film The Thing).

Devs borrowed allot of the stuff from movies,books etc. If you watched Event Horizon,you can see allot of similiarities with game. Also the name "Isaac Clarke" pays homage to world renowned science fiction authors Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke.

Ps.I'm not implying that borrowing stuff from other media is bad*

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Also the name "Isaac Clarke" pays homage to world renowned science fiction authors Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke.
    /me shakes head
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    As for lack of steamworks: the Dead Space franchise is owned by EA. I doubt they'd want to implement steamworks in their titles. Not that I would mind.

I agree with kstress about the Ishimura; there's just something that feels so right about it, as a huge abandoned futuristic mining vessel. Parts of it even reminded me of the deserted corridors of the Von Braun in System Shock 2, which is impressive. I love games which give you a sense of place, and I really appreciate when developers put effort into it.

It always annoys me when people complain about the Dead Space games not being scary, because they're totally missing the point. No, they're not very scary, a few jump scares at most, but they're still a fantastic series of third person shooters, with powerful weaponry, an interesting upgrade system, bags of atmosphere and some stunning set-pieces. I'm very much looking forward to the third installment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I hate the guys in Dead Space who can't die, I don't know why but I hate sequences where you're being chased like that, even the Killer Croc lair in Batman made me jump haha. But apart from that I love Dead Space, need to finish the 2nd though.