Page 568 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618668 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,360 of 20984
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I hate the guys in Dead Space who can't die, I don't know why but I hate sequences where you're being chased like that, even the Killer Croc lair in Batman made me jump haha. But apart from that I love Dead Space, need to finish the 2nd though.

Banned
    *sigh*

haven't gotten a single game in the Steam sale.

Want Oblivion GOTY but it never fell below $5 (already have a retail copy of the base game).

Thought about Hotline Miami then asked myself how HM can be the same price as a full featured game like Oblivion GOTY /facepalm.

Thought about Natural Selection (played the mod a little back then) but heard the balance is borked in the current version...

Took my time considering planescape torment on gog but the damn deal expired while i was looking!!!

KOTOR 2...?

Oblivion GOTY was $4.99, but the Deluxe GOTY was a bit more. If you already knew that then sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    You've got a funny definition of "full-featured game". Oblivion is a hollow, empty paper doll of a game wherein all the good bits need to be exhaustively transplanted to its sickly body. Hotline Miami is good to go within 30 seconds of downloading.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    And subjective opinions aside, Oblivion is 7 years old. Hotline Miami isn't even 3 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    As for lack of steamworks: the Dead Space franchise is owned by EA. I doubt they'd want to implement steamworks in their titles. Not that I would mind.
    Why would you even want it?

The only reason to have Steam in a game is for its (mostly) hassle-free multiplayer. The only other thing it does is DRM.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Why would you even want it?

The only reason to have Steam in a game is for its (mostly) hassle-free multiplayer. The only other thing it does is DRM.
    Well, I don't really mind the DRM part (it isn't really intrusive, is it?). To me, steamworks means I can buy the game cheaper somewhere else, where I don't have to deal with dicky exchange rate nonsense, and still have the game on Steam. And in case you feel inclined to suggest it, adding a game to the Steam library is not the same.

I took the plunge and rented a Minecraft server earlier today. Never tried that before, but I always figured that if I did, I'd spent ages fiddling with things and generating x number of maps to find a good one. Instead the server was running practically seconds after I'd paid and doesn't seem to require much fiddling at all and the map it had created is also rather excellent, so I think I'll keep it.
    I'm not sure if I'm a tad disappointed it's that easy (I like fiddling), but I've already spent several hours playing, so it probably works out.

Just for curiosity's sake, what's your minecrack provider?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Just for curiosity's sake, what's your minecrack provider?
    http://envioushost.com/
    Fairly terrible name, but I read the thread about them on the Minecraft forums and thought they seemed okay. They're very cheap compared to the others I've checked out, have servers in both the US and EU (mine appears to be in France) and seem to do what I need. They also use Multicraft, which I didn't know, but which seems quite a decent way to manage a server.
    They appear to have existed for a couple of years.

I just wanted a pure vanilla survival server, but you can choose Bukkit and some other mods (Minecraft betas too).

ETA: They have FTP access too, upload and download, which was something I wanted.
    Last edited by Similar; 04-01-2013 at 08:37 PM.

So... Going through Virmire in Mass Effect. I know that the decissions I make will affect the story A LOT, but... Will the squad mates I carry with me matter? I mean, not the ones I assign "missions" to, but the ones I carry for combat and exploration...

Nope, don't worry, you'll have to make a decision but it's fundamentally the same no matter who you have with you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just beat the "tutorial" in dark souls. I feel like I'm sliding about, I guess I just need to get used to it, its a very pretty game, but i wish that "10 feet away its dark, even outside" thing would stop.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Just beat the "tutorial" in dark souls. I feel like I'm sliding about, I guess I just need to get used to it, its a very pretty game, but i wish that "10 feet away its dark, even outside" thing would stop.
    Oh don't worry, it'll stop after a while. Because then you won't see 5 feet away.

And then you'll reach the Tomb of Giants.

And then you'll commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Oh don't worry, it'll stop after a while. Because then you won't see 5 feet away.

And then you'll reach the Tomb of Giants.

And then you'll commit suicide.
    Great.... Remind me why being impossible to see 20 feet is excellent game design?

Bloody Japan.

Not being able to see 10 feet in front sounds like a glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Nope, don't worry, you'll have to make a decision but it's fundamentally the same no matter who you have with you.
    OK, thanks! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Not being able to see 10 feet in front sounds like a glitch.
    Oh, i can see, but a "shadow" drapes over everything further than that... I'd take screenshots but I am not sure what steps I'd need to go through and I'm tired.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Oh, i can see, but a "shadow" drapes over everything further than that... I'd take screenshots but I am not sure what steps I'd need to go through and I'm tired.
    On steam, just hit shift-scroll lock

And this definitely sounds like a bug. The only place that should be happening is Tomb of Giants (and you get a lantern pretty quick anyway).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Ssshhh. Don't say a negative thing about Dark Souls else you'll get a lynching from the adherents. They'll come at you with bees...