Page 574 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 74474524564572573574575576584624674 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,480 of 20990
    Activated Node
    Finished Far Cry 3 with 100% on collectibles. Missed 1 skill because the unlock (death from below) proved elusive towards the end. Story was indeed poop but Steam logged 40 hours of shooty fun so I got my money's worth.

Having lots of fun in Quantum Conundrum. I bought it cheap out of curiosity, turns out it's pretty good. Sort of like Portal without the backstory.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Haha for the first time i flied with Helicopter in GTA,i nearly crashed in so many buildings it was funny to watch me fly with it,but at the end i managed to "park it",there waas later also mission with jacob where we needed to shot down another heli,we passed that like pro,only minus was that i crashed in to the building but still managed it so we didn't died,but we damaged the heli so it was in smoke the whole ride :(

ps. I wish GTA had this same thing with red lights as Mafia 1,driving like a normal person when cops were near,then when they would be nowhere to see full gas xP Does mafia 2 have this as well or did they ditched this ?

spspsps... Forgot to write down,i had this 10minute chase on 5 stars haha,it was so intense,i was left with really small amount of hp,had to change car few times in the progress but i managed to escape at the end! A.C.A.B.! !! haha :x
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 06-01-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    There's 20 waves in total. I won't say what the last one is, but sufficed to say from the doppelgangers onwards, it goes from being really hard to how is this even possible?! It can be done though. I've done it twice, maybe three times.

Farther I've gone was 19. I don't even remember what was there. I think I don't want to remember.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexClockwork View Post
    So, going through Mass Effect 2 now, and, of course, it's amazing. But... Spoilers!

So, I just saved Garrus from the mercenaries at Omega. Glad to have him back in the team. But, still... I am probably too good sometimes, and I didn't backstab the technician from the Blue Suns (or whichever their name is in English) when I had the chance. Had I done it, would Garrus be OK, or would he be shot by the chopper anyway? Thanks! ^^

End of spoilers.
    Happens regardless Alex.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I only played the first episode and was quite confused, the skipping of scenes made me think I did something wrong or the game glitched out. I also didn't quite get what message or story they were trying to tell.
    There is only one episode. The games is just 15 minutes long (Gravity Bone is a separate game).

Effectively it's a puzzle narrative in that events are going forward and backward in time. I'll be honest and say I haven't entirely worked it out however, spoilers: -

Things to note are that Anita has a prosthetic arm/leg in certain scenes and not others indicating that the car/bike crash that occurs before the failed airport heist but after the wedding party liaison. Also it should be noted that in the flashbacks there's a brief scene where you see a girl in the bedroom, but it's not Anita, but instead the woman whose stood outside the wedding party.

End of spoilers
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

anti-spoiler mode engaged for that Mass Effect 2 thing.
    If you kill him the thing he was repairing will be weaker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Farther I've gone was 19. I don't even remember what was there. I think I don't want to remember.
    I've got to 20 numerous times. (the last wave) never beaten it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphyd View Post
    Finished Far Cry 3 with 100% on collectibles. Missed 1 skill because the unlock (death from below) proved elusive towards the end. Story was indeed poop but Steam logged 40 hours of shooty fun so I got my money's worth.
    If you were bothered, There's a pirate base in the far south west of island one which remains populated after the game ends. You can lure the pirates out to a jetty by throwing stones and death from below one of them to unlock that last skill. Remember you entered a cave to try and rescue your girlfriend at the start but she wasn't there? That's the base, in a little harbour. You can jet ski there from the island outpost you liberated which is just around the headland.

OK, thanks for telling me about ME2, guys! Nice to know it wasn't my fault. :-P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    End of spoilers
    I threw orange peel at her anyway.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Peering far back into the backlog, I started playing Shadowgrounds today, and it is very good! I love pleasant surprises.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I just chose the wrong ending in Mass Effect 3. Jesus Fucking Christ. I thought that control reapers is the bad ending and I automatically went to the red light, because that's the ending I want. And it was the wrong one. Alt+F4, reload game, of course it autosaved right at the start of the ending sequence.
    I am NOT playing through the shitty final area again just to get the ending I want.

It was a good bargain bin purchase. I advise any future players to just quit the game when they get to the point of no return. By that point it's still a mediocre experience with some interesting highlights. The final two hours are awful.
    People that have a positive opinion about this game go straight at the top of my shit list.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    People that have a positive opinion about this game go straight at the top of my shit list.
    Don't people have positive opinion about the game only up to that last mission? I haven't played the game myself because it is not on steam (nothing against Origin but I have ME1&2 on steam so ME3 should be there too.) so I can't judge the quality of the game but I did hear lots of positives about it with ending being an exception.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Bit of an assy thing to say that, but then I could be missing some sarcasm or something.

I'm playing the Leviathan DLC as we speak, not sure what to make of it yet though, other than it's pretty.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I advise any future players to just quit the game when they get to the point of no return.
    Marauder Shields defeats Shepard in the best ending.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Decided to take a break from Far Cry 3 and do some Modern Warfare 3 (got it for 20 bucks from Best Buy on the 1st). Must say, this is my favorite modern-guns CoD yet. Still a corridor shooter where I have to wait for everyone, but they have gotten a lot better at hiding it a bit. And the levels at least feel like there are multiple corridors, so that I can decide to advance from cover to cover or run into a building (and shoot people in there).

Also, kudos to the devs (this was post Infinity Ward, right?) for getting the "disturbing" level correct this time. No Russian was crap because the level was crap (hard to feel any real emotional investment when I am bitching about the gameplay). And being forced to take part in a non-interactive act of terrorism was pretty lame. MW3 gets it better since it completely divorces the normal gameplay (in a very fun level) from the act of horror, and doesn't try to force the player to take part in it this time.

They DO seem to have gone overboard on the "death from above" sequences though, which is kind of jarring after playing Spec Ops. Seems like every other mission has you shooting stuff on a thermal imaged display.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I'm sure it's doable if your high enough level
    You will do better with higher levels simply because they have the tools to do so. That being said, if you're playing a specific way and have the tools early, there's nothing stopping you then. For example, at level 14 you get your second commander slot ability. For the Farseer, this is a mass confusion. By mass, I mean 50% of the enemy units will turn and attack the other 50%. The set-up I used to go with this turns the Farseer into purely support (I don't think they're that good for much else, perhaps with some of the DLC stuff) and along with massive energy regen and group teleportation and cloak, I might get the lowest score, but you can be damn sure the win is in no small part to me.

If you want to see good builds, there are some guides out there on the interwebbing that suggest certain routes. A few forum threads too. Just have a Google and you will find something. I think the 'easiest' hero to do it with is probably the Ork one, as his main gun is a great single target damage dealer, whilst his other abilities give him tons of malleability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    [Spoiler]Space Marines - Dreadnaughts and Terminators make up the bulk of the force. That...is quite enough.[/spoiler] That said, considering they're all primarily armour based, I don't think it's too bad, so long as at least one person has anti-armour capabilities.

I just chose the wrong ending in Mass Effect 3. Jesus Fucking Christ. I thought that control reapers is the bad ending
    There's a good ending?! Not to draw out a discussion that's been had on here many times before, but I generally believe Destroy is the best, of course it would've been [spoiler]Reject, but the devs have said that the next lot of races simply choose from one of the three others.[/spoiler] Truly, there is no way of winning.

The final two hours are awful.
    I think the first two are as well, although not any where near as bad. Some moments in between. Fortunately, it generally holds up pretty damn well between the beginning and ending. Although I'm sure you can pick apart lots of problems with the other main missions too; I know I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    I haven't played the game myself because it is not on steam (nothing against Origin but I have ME1&2 on steam so ME3 should be there too.)
    If it not being on Steam is the only prohibiting factor, consider this; your save will still carry through, so that doesn't matter. If you want the Steam overlay, you can add Origin to Steam, get an overlay over all Origin titles. When you're done, turn off Origin. Also means if you're using Origin for ME3 and have Steam running, Steam won't start downloading something 'in the background'.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 07-01-2013 at 04:04 AM.