Page 575 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 754755255655735745755765775856256751075 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 22757
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Spoilers:

Final baddie before the white beam.
    Huh, don't remember that being a problem. Really, the only thing that really irritates me about ME3 is that idiotic reaper boss fight (and, to a lesser degree, Kai Leng). I'm pretty fine with everything else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    No no he means that should be the true ending of Mass Effect, with Shepard just losing there Marauder Shields.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    What's a marauder shield?
    A meme for haters.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

XCOM, today.

Right. This is going make it or break it but either way I'm expecting some heavy resistance. Mutons, probably. All of my high ranks ate plasmas and went six feet under, so I'm not really expecting much for these losers to take them on. God, I'm gonna lose this
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Not a hater, but I do seriously dislike the extended endings, which apart from destroy feel too deus ex machina... That said, in my interpretation an element of the ending is indoctrination.

You spent 3 games trying to kill the pricks, an ending slide reel that explains every summer everyone meets up with the reapers on South Beach for surfing and volleyball doesn't sit well with me.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    The extended cut added my favourite ending - rather than walking towards one of the lights you shoot the little holo-bastard, causing him to stalk off saying in a Reaper voice something to the effect of "Well fuck you too then". Then you get a cutscene from the future showing one of Liara's timecapsule/knowledge/beacon things playing. Works for me as in my mind you should never have been fighting all the Reapers like that anyway: ME1 made it quite clear that if they turned up then everyone was dead, so I'm happy with my Shepard making the attempt but failing in the end.
    I also like to think he recorded over the end of Liara's message with a video of him drunk, dressed as the Council, doing the Shepard dance while shouting "The Reapers are a myth! There is no evidence! The Reapers are a myth! etc".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Not a hater, but I do seriously dislike the extended endings, which apart from destroy feel too deus ex machina... That said, in my interpretation an element of the ending is indoctrination.

You spent 3 games trying to kill the pricks, an ending slide reel that explains every summer everyone meets up with the reapers on South Beach for surfing and volleyball doesn't sit well with me.
    The only real enemy were the plot holes and contradictions.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, right after the Picus segment. I was planning to do a full run & gun playthrough this time but fell back into my old "hack this, sneak that" habit. Maybe next time...?

By the way - is the Missing Link DLC somehow integrated into the game or do I have to launch it separately at the point where it's supposed to happen?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I was planning to do a full run & gun playthrough this time but fell back into my old "hack this, sneak that" habit. Maybe next time...?

By the way - is the Missing Link DLC somehow integrated into the game or do I have to launch it separately at the point where it's supposed to happen?
    Make a point of ventilating everyone in the head or murdering them with elbow swords, you'l get different dialogue from people at least.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, right after the Picus segment. I was planning to do a full run & gun playthrough this time but fell back into my old "hack this, sneak that" habit. Maybe next time...?

not even slightly integrated in the game. completely standalone, with an own entry in your steam library. I just played it after the harbour section.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    You will do better with higher levels simply because they have the tools to do so. That being said, if you're playing a specific way and have the tools early, there's nothing stopping you then. For example, at level 14 you get your second commander slot ability. For the Farseer, this is a mass confusion. By mass, I mean 50% of the enemy units will turn and attack the other 50%. The set-up I used to go with this turns the Farseer into purely support (I don't think they're that good for much else, perhaps with some of the DLC stuff) and along with massive energy regen and group teleportation and cloak, I might get the lowest score, but you can be damn sure the win is in no small part to me.

If you want to see good builds, there are some guides out there on the interwebbing that suggest certain routes. A few forum threads too. Just have a Google and you will find something. I think the 'easiest' hero to do it with is probably the Ork one, as his main gun is a great single target damage dealer, whilst his other abilities give him tons of malleability.
    Thanks for that. I'm currently running with a Space Marine Captain, now level 12, mainly using him as a tank and to disrupt and hoping that someone else has brought someone else along for the damage. I tend to just run around kill alot in the early rounds, swarms especially, but from about 7-8 onward I act as a sweeper and woosh bam into mobs who are too powerful for my allies, keep knocking them over so that they can't hurt my friends and die easier. Then I woosh bam somewhere else to take on things like Nobs and other heavy hitters, or to revive my fallen pals. It seems to work pretty well, and is good fun, not too micro intensive but not too boring either, and it's quite reliant on helping others so you feel necessary and part of a team too. I'm confident I'll beat it some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Thanks for that. I'm currently running with a Space Marine Captain, now level 12, mainly using him as a tank and to disrupt and hoping that someone else has brought someone else along for the damage. I tend to just run around kill alot in the early rounds, swarms especially, but from about 7-8 onward I act as a sweeper and woosh bam into mobs who are too powerful for my allies, keep knocking them over so that they can't hurt my friends and die easier. Then I woosh bam somewhere else to take on things like Nobs and other heavy hitters, or to revive my fallen pals. It seems to work pretty well, and is good fun, not too micro intensive but not too boring either, and it's quite reliant on helping others so you feel necessary and part of a team too. I'm confident I'll beat it some stage.
    Just a heads up, your allies might very well be better at taking down single enemies than you expect (or indeed you yourself are). I play Chaos Sorcerer. Warp behind enemy, doombolt at point blank range, nothing survives that shit. Also, if a sorcerer teleports himself on the middle of a huge mass of enemies, don't panic, hes going to wipe them all. And what you say about reviving is true, Marine Captains have a way to turn a loss into a fighting chance by reviving thei two allies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    If you enjoy that style of gameplay, my favorite Tau Commander kit was geared entirely around hopping around and being a nuisance whilst never dying. Works great when both of your allies are dead but too many enemies are stomping around to get them back up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The Space Marine Commander has some nice tools at his disposal, especially if you bought the extra war-gear. That said, I don't think you can reliably use him without a jet pack. The later rounds require mobility and whilst you can tank up with enough armour and mitigation, you will inevitably get crushed by being swarmed, not to mention the anti-armour capabilities of some enemy units, which basically amounts to most of the Tyranid force. If you want a laugh and are able to unlock it, the thunder hammer can be quite fun. I'm not quite sure of its overall potential, but you're great against vehicles (stun them), great against single units (knockback) and decent against basic infantry (large arc). The problem with that though is that you sacrifice some utility and defence. Of course, that might be seen as being entirely acceptable when you jet-pack into a group of enemies, swing your electrified hammer and then jump out again.

Man, I wanna play some Last Stand now.