Page 576 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 764765265665745755765775785866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,520 of 23661
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The inventory is almost unusable and the upgrade choices make little difference. You really think those things make it a better game despite the worse combat mechanics, shit quests and writing, ruined lore and bland presentation?

Not only the ending was bad.

Literally no idea what you're talking about, it's as though we didn't even play the same game. Meh, to each their own.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I hate the kid because he's an awful character. Mac Walters' motivation for having him in the game is awful too. The whole PTSD arc (if you can even call it that) was handled very poorly.

It's painful to think about the potential this series had and how it was wasted by making Earth the Most Important Thing In The Galaxy when there's a very interesting universe out there. I signed up to play Space James Bond and ended up playing Space Jesus. Seriously, I hated how often the game was like "You da man, man! Hell yeah! You're awesome! You're the best creature in the galaxy!". My mind was blown when Saren's ship turned out to be alive and I learned an ancient Cthulhu race from beyond the edge of the galaxy was coming for us. They got turned into lame minions defeated by a literal deus ex machina (their nonsensical theft of the Citadel was fucking hilarious btw). I distinctly remember a codex entry about a gigantic weapon impact mark on the surface of a planet that dates back millions of years. I was so fucking excited about all this. I loved being part of Cerberus in ME2. The Illusive Man was a great character and I agreed with his practices. But he got turned into a crazy Space Blofeld who uses an asian katana-wielding merc with plot armour and slanted-eyes visor. I thought the human Reaper baby was a great idea. I like crazy stuff like that - and I don't mind the idea behind the space kid, I just wish it a better arc and a not-so-punchable face. It was poorly executed. There would be a lot to say about how the presentation took a nosedive but that would require more effort than I'm willing to put into analysing this game. I'm sure someone out there already did it better anyway.

The series was Prometheused to hell.

Now I know how Dragon Age 2 critics feel. I really liked that game.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 07-01-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    It’s good fun for a few distracting hours, feels the most Wahammery in my opinion
    Try the co-op mode in Space Marine (the game - this could get confusing). That feels the most Warhammery out of any of the Warhammer stuff I've played.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    By the way - is the Missing Link DLC somehow integrated into the game or do I have to launch it separately at the point where it's supposed to happen?
    I'd actually recommend putting off Missing Link until you've completed the main game, even though storywise it's supposed to come right before the final act. The reason I'm saying this is that the DLC messes up the pacing somewhat. Human Revolution does a good job of heightening the tension near the end, making you aware of the stakes and getting you in the proper mood. Having to play an additional level which isn't directly connected to the overall plot greatly diminishes this effect.

I also didn't like the DLC all that much, but that's a different story.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Try the co-op mode in Space Marine (the game - this could get confusing). That feels the most Warhammery out of any of the Warhammer stuff I've played.
    I thought about getting that or trying the demo at least but the thought of so graphically squishing orcks and gretchin made me sad : (

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Losing my hours in Mount & Blade Warband's Floris mod. I stepped off the passenger barge onto the docks of Tihr, stroking my huge ginger beard thoughtfully at the adventures that awaited. I promptly signed up for a year's military service with lord Aedin. In-between the many campaigns he dragged me into, I bought land with my earnings which started bringing in regular payments. But Kelgar Firebeard bows to noone, and the sea called to me, so I left Aedin's service and spent many a night scouring the roads for bandits and then paying them to join me. The sea battles that followed were short, easy, and dull. Any crew I lost were instantly replenished, if not by the captives on each Sea Raider vessel, then by the surviving Sea Raiders themselves who were all to eager to join my cutthroat crew.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Man, I wanna play some Last Stand now.
    Indeed, I've actually played a couple of games after a long time of not touching it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Indeed, I've actually played a couple of games after a long time of not touching it.
    How'd you get on? Had a few more games myself, Can get up to level 16 no bother now it seems but can't even kill one of them.

So, about Mass Effect 2... I love it. The combat is much better than how it was in the first game, and it seems (don't know if it really is) way more interactive. The only thing I don't like are maps. There aren't, for most planets, and the maps existing are just horrible. Still great, though.

Playing XCOM:EU again after a long break. At the time, I couldn't take the tension; I'd lost too many veterans, rookies had a .5% survival rate, there was no way I'd be able to handle attacking the alien base. Now that I'm back, the tension has...not subsided in the slightest, and every new mission brings heavy casualties. I love this about the game, of course, as much as it makes me want to quit again in fear, but I also feel like the stakes of a single mission are genuinely too high at a certain point in the campaign. I'm afraid of putting my really capable soldiers (there are only a handful) on a mission together because if I lost them, I'd be unable to recover. Also I'd probably cry or something. I hope this comes off as more endearing than pathetic.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Just completed torchlight 2, was a nice ride and I highly appreciated the design that'd gone into the random maps, good mod support and a sufficiently meaty combat system. I was a little dissapointed at the skills (most didn't seem to do anything interesting or even efficient in many cases) and the levelling adding say 2% dodge for a new skill pick is dull. But overall a very solid experience (even if I did encounter a couple of crash bugs).

Now onto the first lego batman which is quite charming and enjoyable but a little frustrating at times (it's hard to judge various jumps when your shadow doesn't fall onto many objects and the camera doesn't move).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So I just finished the Leviathan DLC for Mass Effect 3. Some pretty damn major plot details come in at the ending which explains the origin of the Reapers and the Starchild chap.

Bit disappointing it was in DLC at all, really.
    steam: sketch

Trying to start playing JA:BiA but upon playing the tutorial, I got stuck in a loop after it introduced me to command mode. Anyone played it and know what might be going on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Trying to start playing JA:BiA but upon playing the tutorial, I got stuck in a loop after it introduced me to command mode. Anyone played it and know what might be going on?
    The tutorial may be broken. Broke for me on ladders, and I just stopped caring. Try to restart if you need it, otherwise just move on to the game.

As for me: Enjoying my re-run of Demon Souls. Changed it up a bit by rolling a mage this time (rather than my usual dex-based fighter), so having to relearn some stuff.

Also, I forgot my somewhat disturbing attraction to the Lady in Black. I suspect it is the accent. Either way, very creepy
    Last edited by gundato; 08-01-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Welp, 17 Classic Ironman playthroughs and I lost again! Now for the next one. Hopefully I'll manage to make this go smoothly. I probably have to rush satallites to south america to reduce research time for autopsies and interrogations
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    FTL. Finally beat the mother ship, with the Nesasio, on easy. 36 attempts, though some of those were crash-and-burn missions just for unlocks. Lucky dice roll, but I'll take it. Having two rockmen and a transporter clinched it.

Banned
    Two rockmen, telepad and firebomb is what all true warriors strive for.

Right now i'm playing only WOW, i just Finished Far Cry 3 and now i'm looking for something new.

Obscure Node
    I tried to play The Secret World since I picked it up cheap over the holidays after reading the rave reviews. I've never played an MMO before, so not sure if there is tribal knowledge I'm just not aware of, but pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. Controls were unintuitive and I'm just hitting number keys and flailing about during combat.

Back to Borderlands 2. I tried playing the original Borderlands as Roland and just didn't get into it at all. I ended up playing about 5 hours and shelving it. Not sure why, but Borderlands 2 is ticking all the right boxes and I'm about to get my second character up to level 50.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    I tried to play The Secret World since I picked it up cheap over the holidays after reading the rave reviews. I've never played an MMO before, so not sure if there is tribal knowledge I'm just not aware of, but pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. Controls were unintuitive and I'm just hitting number keys and flailing about during combat.

Back to Borderlands 2. I tried playing the original Borderlands as Roland and just didn't get into it at all. I ended up playing about 5 hours and shelving it. Not sure why, but Borderlands 2 is ticking all the right boxes and I'm about to get my second character up to level 50.
    There's almost zero differences in gameplay between both games, however if you pick a character class you don't like it can ruin the game. Who are you playing as in 2? It's most likely that you just didn't like Rolands play style or the character (personally I think he's as dull as dishwater in both games).