Page 580 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 804805305705785795805815825906306801080 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,600 of 24218
    Decided to try out Rage. I am greeted with a title screen that says 'PRESS ENTER' and every time I so much as navigate the menu, the 'do not turn off your computer' message pops up. Video options are the bare minimum required to make the game look pretty, with no customisation to speak of. The game tells me I do not have enough cores to increase texture detail. I assume it does not actually expect me to have more than four cores.

Once I start, the game runs great, although texture detail up close is not as good as I was expecting. Then, half an hour in, the framerate tanks inexplicably, all the way to the menu screen. Way to make a good impression, Rage.

Anyone know if there are mods for this game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Decided to try out Rage. I am greeted with a title screen that says 'PRESS ENTER' and every time I so much as navigate the menu, the 'do not turn off your computer' message pops up. Video options are the bare minimum required to make the game look pretty, with no customisation to speak of. The game tells me I do not have enough cores to increase texture detail. I assume it does not actually expect me to have more than four cores.

Once I start, the game runs great, although texture detail up close is not as good as I was expecting. Then, half an hour in, the framerate tanks inexplicably, all the way to the menu screen. Way to make a good impression, Rage.

Anyone know if there are mods for this game?
    I found the textures looked sort of penciled and fake on all but the actual models, was very off putting. To me Rage feels like Borderlands thematically but everything about it is inferior. It's a game from 2003 with better graphics I'd say, but not in a charming way, just in a flat, designers don't get how FPS has moved on way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Put 2 hours in Metro 2033 with my friend,everything is top notch in game expect fucking core of game,shooting. Its really disappointing and its putting me off,i put 5-6 shots in to the men's chest with SHOTGUN and he didn't drop,its like these people became bulletresistant after the disaster,fucking bollocks i tell you. First fear shits on this game in terms of shooting "feel".

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Put 2 hours in Metro 2033 with my friend,everything is top notch in game expect fucking core of game,shooting. Its really disappointing and its putting me off,i put 5-6 shots in to the men's chest with SHOTGUN and he didn't drop,its like these people became bulletresistant after the disaster,fucking bollocks i tell you. First fear shits on this game in terms of shooting "feel".
    I think that was the issue most people had with it; Lovely looking (when not looking at people's faces), goofy shooting.

Playing:
    DARK SOULS playing the DLC segment I beat Artorias on my third attempt. First two seemed impossible due to his damage buffing ripping my block apart, though the third attempt I dodged and won. Quite a nice fight.

Yeah need to admit their faces look plastic :|

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I found the textures looked sort of penciled and fake on all but the actual models, was very off putting. To me Rage feels like Borderlands thematically but everything about it is inferior. It's a game from 2003 with better graphics I'd say, but not in a charming way, just in a flat, designers don't get how FPS has moved on way.
    I don't have many complaints about the textures; as long as you don't look at anything really closely, everything looks very good. There vistas in particular look absolutely stunning.

What really gets to me is the astonishingly bad design choices. Invisible walls every-fucking-where. No option to disable the obnoxious tutorial messages, that pause the game when they pop up and make you click a button to continue. It doesn't help that the cursor is about ten times more sensitive than mouselook, making menu navigation a real chore.

Then there's the doors. Most of them can't be opened, which is not really surprising. But then. I encounter a men's restroom, which has a lock on it that can only be broken with a one-use item. That's the first time the player sees such a lock. The women's restroom, which is right next to it, has nothing resembling a lock, and that door can't be opened. Why? No reason! They can invent incredibly elaborate rotating doorframe locks, and a specific tool that's only useful for breaking that kind of lock and nothing else, but suddenly the door to a women's restroom is impossible to open? Who thinks of this?!

Unless this is some kind of meta-commentary on player choice, saying that a women's restroom is a place you have no reason to go, and symbolising the linear design of the game. Haha. Fat chance.
    Last edited by LTK; 10-01-2013 at 02:59 AM.

eXtra-terrestrial COMbat: European Union

The last mission on Birmingham was awful. Three of my hardened Captains panicked and THAT FUCKING CYBERDISK just activated most of all of the Mutons in the map in one turn. Killed four in the next couple of turns and only the two others manage to survive the attack. Sucks that my sniper Major died.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Banned
    This will sound counter-intuitive, but: increase the difficulty.

(Then again even at Easy the enemies shouldn't be able to survive 5 shotgun blasts. It's a shotun in an FPS bro - max range is three meters, remember?)

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Been playing Mass Effect 2 mainly lately, though funnily enough since picking KOTOR2 up during the Holiday Sale I just want to go play that instead. Am forcing myself to finish ME2 (so I have a save ready for ME3) before starting any other RPGs.

Also, I thought Thirty Flights of Loving was sublime. It's hard to recommend to people because it's more game than experiment, but I personally enjoyed it. If your average game is a novel, then TFOL is a haiku.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Play on Ranger mode or increase difficulty. Aim for headshots when they re not wearing helmets or neck/face when they are wearing helmets. Don't aim at their armour. Save the shotgun for the beasts. Sneak and don't run and gun.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Also, I thought Thirty Flights of Loving was sublime. It's hard to recommend to people because it's more game than experiment, but I personally enjoyed it. If your average game is a novel, then TFOL is a haiku.
    I liked it a lot as well!

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Play on Ranger mode or increase difficulty. Aim for headshots when they re not wearing helmets or neck/face when they are wearing helmets. Don't aim at their armour. Save the shotgun for the beasts. Sneak and don't run and gun.
    I second this. If you play it on ranger the shooting feels better on account of the increased damage it does in the right areas. Ammo is more scarce and you can only take a few hits as well which transforms it into a more survival horror experience, with quick shooting exchanges rather than the drawn out slugfests in regular mode which tend to emphasise the lack of kickback and physicality in the shooting. Also ensures that the clever “bullets or currency” choice means something as there will be times you actually run out of the cheap stuff.

The guns are meant to feel crap for the most part I think though, to encourage a more desperate and claustrophobic feel. The bastard gun in particular is obviously designed to feel rubbish in my opinion. I sniped with the pistol most of the game and found that rewarding enough.

The problem I had with it was that there are a few too many occasions during which you have to kill about a hundred guys if you miss the intended level path, and on Ranger the whole point is that you arent’ really equipped to shoot a hundred guys. On both the bandits hideout and the Nazi/Commie frontline bit I cleaned out everyone manually when you’re supposed to stealth it and rely on scripting to take out the guys or reduce them as a threat, was like playing FPS hotline Miami except each level took about three hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I might skip Ranger for my first time through then. I'd rather deal with wonky shooting than outright frustration.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    This will sound counter-intuitive, but: increase the difficulty.

(Then again even at Easy the enemies shouldn't be able to survive 5 shotgun blasts. It's a shotun in an FPS bro - max range is three meters, remember?)

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post

I am playing on Ranger difficulty...No need to defend Metro 2033 bda gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I might skip Ranger for my first time through then. I'd rather deal with wonky shooting than outright frustration.
    It's a pretty draining game either way. It's a very good, but I find I come out of a level feeling exhausted due to the mechanics and atmosphere, like STALKER. You have to commit to playing it or you probably won't last/see it's strengths.

Ah Stalker starts already good,this on other hand...Is it that difficult to create good shooting in FPS, i miss games like FEAR.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It's not bad gameplay, it just has nuances that you don't usually find in other games. You can one-shot most people with the throwing knives as long as you aim for the correct part (neck). You are supposed to carefully aim your shots unlike most other shooters. It is also meant to feel like your guns are shit unless you use the 'real' bullets. Some of the pneumatic weapons are really good as well.

I never tried to play run and gun. I think generally you are supposed to engage from a distance and not up close (unless it's with your big knife). The only problem I really had with the game was its FOV which made me sick but that can be easily changed. It's not an amazing game but it's a really good one with lots of atmosphere and some frustrating parts. It' s worth sticking with it to the end.

Why are people assuming i play gun and run,i never played like that in my whole life. Majority of my fps time was spent in games like SWAT,Rainbow Six,Ghost Recon,OFP,Arma etc.. So i know how to play,now the problem comes with the weapons,i don't care if they're weak,it shouldn't take several good aimed shot to kill someone even if you're shooting in the damn head.

Currently Playing Hitman absolution for the Xbox and enjoying it but finding it hard on difficult before that Deus EX and Sleeping Dogs.
    what titles are other people looking forward to in 2013? :)

I'm playing Grimrock. I'm enjoying it a lot. I love that's more a puzzle and exploration game rather a combat one.