Page 584 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 844845345745825835845855865946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 11,661 to 11,680 of 24103
    Finished Dark Souls.
    Manus of the Abyss was a great fight and tied up the AotA content nicely. While none of the bosses were inhumanly hard, they were all really fun to do battle against.
    After that I went and finally polished off Gwyn. Not a bad boss by any stretch, but unfortunately I used the cheese move on him [CHEAP MOVE TO BEAT THE END BOSS SPOILER] Parrying him to bits was too simple. While I've never been that great with parries his two-handed strike was so heavily telegraphed I found it hard to miss his blows. Kinda seemed like a puppy constantly trying over and over to knock me down with the same move, only to get slapped hard for doing so. That is if puppies were huge, burning men with flaming swords.[SPOILERS DEADED]
    Jumped into NG+ just so I could see what a two-handed plunge attack with a BKGS would do to the Taurus Demon. Was comical.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Because the new one does have multiplayer? Plus SEGA has been doing pretty decently with their PC ports lately.
    So people are optimistic rather than fatalistic.

There is another issue too - flying - every 'Mario Kart' game which every tried to include it was shit - will this tip the scales?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    According to reviews and opinion throughout the intartubes based on the console version, it seems to work decently well. Both the flying and the boat sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    After that I went and finally polished off Gwyn. Not a bad boss by any stretch, but unfortunately I used the cheese move on him
    He becomes so much more enjoyable if you don't cheese him. Getting a feel of his movesets and timing correctly when dodging and managing your stamina is such a great feeling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Finished Far Cry 3. Fun, but can't help but feel it ran out of substance pretty fast. Especially becuase nothing on the second island (outside of the wingsuit) is really "new". I would have enjoyed a gun that at least "Felt" different.

Did the "good" ending. Youtubed the "bad" ending. Bonus points for allowing me to say "I beat Far Cry 3 by listening to the wisdom of George Bluth".

Not sure what I will play on the side as i continue Demon Souls. Finding I really wish Dark had stuck with the MP system for spells, but forgot how much less polished the game was when compared with Dark.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    He becomes so much more enjoyable if you don't cheese him. Getting a feel of his movesets and timing correctly when dodging and managing your stamina is such a great feeling.
    Gwyn's fight was much more hilarious (and anti-climatic) if you managed to parry and riposte his every hit.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Why is it far superior to Prototype,tell me more :o
    Because Hulk?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finally got around to doing the last few Scoregasm levels - the final level (and it's challenge) being BASTARDS...

This is what we're talking about here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpf3HqL9ApQ

(not me - NOT my choice of music - why oh why do people do that, what's wrong with the game music!?!?)

The challenge is actually easier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg2pwP25Go0

Bullet patterns you LIKE AINT NEVER SEEN BEFORE

there's Expert Mode tho - erm...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Because Hulk?

So game is superior because you can play as hulk,bravo.

Can't believe how STALKER CoP stutter on my system,its like i'm running Crysis 4 haha,and it doesn't matter if i turn settings to low or high,game works fine for few seconds then when you turn around it stutter,then same shit over and over again. Funny thing is i don't even have complete installed lol

"Intel E8400 3Ghz
    4GB RAM
    ATI 4850 512MB
    1440x900, DX9 & Catalyst 11.2
    WinXP Pro SP3 32-Bit
    COP Complete with Optimization Patch 1
    All graphical settings maxxed except AA and AF which is zero. Textures at 80%.

Spent 10 hours in the game. Game runs smoothly except for a few microstutters (1-2 seconds) when running around Zaton. Yet to venture to Jupiter though so might report back later."

Only difference is that i have E6550 2.4 GHz CPU..And without COMPLETE it stutters like hell -.-
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 12-01-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Trying out XCOM, classic ironman with some of the new Second Wave options enabled. (Random stats, hidden stat growth, damage roulette, random abduction rewards, randomised starting funding)

Started in Africa, finished my first five or six missions (3 abductions, one crash site, one council mission) without losing anyone. It's all going to go downhill from here surely.

My first alien base assault, wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    So game is superior because you can play as hulk,bravo.
    Well, considering you're playing as a nigh-invulnerable giant green mutant capable of causing gratuitously over the top, unimaginable destruction just because he has a short fuse and get to fight giant fucking robots and insanely huge monsters while you release his unstoppable temper around an open city, I guess it's better playing as a man with a bad case of biologically-engineered virus infection abd trying to be dark and brooding all the time, while throwing people off the Empire State
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Trying out XCOM, classic ironman with some of the new Second Wave options enabled. (Random stats, hidden stat growth, damage roulette, random abduction rewards, randomised starting funding)
    Oh are they already out? I thought it was next Tuesday.

Still slogging away at my first game in my first rouge-like TOME4. The experience is alot more accessible and fun than I assumed it would be. I created a joke character to test things out expecting him to die in first few character levels but it's 15 hours and 24 levels later and the little bugger is still alive. I gotta say having the constant shadow of permadeath ready to pounce on your every mistake gives your triumphs/narrow escapes a feeling unlike other genres. Good fun.

Cleaning out the docks of Neverwinter in, well, Neverwinter Nights 2: Law and Order.

In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally unimportant groups: the city guard who investigate crime and the guard captains who let others do all the work. These are their stories.

Anyhow, despite playing on D&D Hardcore difficulty, the road to Neverwinter was rather unproblematic. Playing a Favoured Soul (of Kelemvor) is a new experience but it's really not that different from a cleric after all. I only really miss turn undead even if it was rarely any good. Well, technically I have turn undead since I got myself still a cleric level for heavy armor proficiency and the two free domain feats which I need to later get into the Doomguide prestige class. It seems kind of a design oversight that the Favoured Soul can't get into the that class without tricking around but since I only had to sacrifice one level I can live with that.
    I also think I already found my optimal party: Khelgar, Neeshka and Qara. Ugh. I just want to strangle the latter two. Sadly, the game doesn't offer much in the way of alternatives. Doesn't help that I can't lead a dialogue without at least one of them getting pissed off.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    NWN2 party influence system isn't great when it comes to trying to change your companions opinions or perhaps show them the error of their ways. Any disagreeing with them will earn you Angry Points with that bunch of petulent children. The only real exception is [spoiler if unplayed] Ammon Jerro, who is straight up ballin'.
    Like so many things MotB made this much better, although it did not make it easy to do. You had to know the companions to be able to see which options would lead to changing their hearts and minds, whether your reasons were noble or manipulative.

Surprised you're not looking into Stormlord: get yourself a good spear, Monkey Grip (to use spear+shield), stock up on buff spells and you become an invincible killing machine who can throw out a few offensive spells when needed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I like Neeshka.

Flawless Elanee impression, absolutely flawless. Elanee is the most annoying videogame character since Rosh Penin.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Forgot about that one. Neeshka has her moments and I do quite to like her.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Irritatingly, it seems there is no World Tendency event on the Demon's Souls servers if you're in europe. Hopefully they'll put it in when the game comes out on PSN... whenever it does.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    You're making me want to play NWN2.

I will never forgive you for this.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Irritatingly, it seems there is no World Tendency event on the Demon's Souls servers if you're in europe. Hopefully they'll put it in when the game comes out on PSN... whenever it does.
    From my understanding, Europe has never had a World Tendency event for Demon's Souls due to how the servers are managed. I can't be arsed to find any proper references, but I saw it posted before and it seemed to make sense:

No idea who handles the servers for Asia
    Atlus does it for the US
    Namco Bandai (!) does it for Europe

So all three regions have their own events, and Namco Bandai never bothered to do any for Europe.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.