Page 586 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 864865365765845855865875885966366861086 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,720 of 23789
    Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I decided to hold off on some of the new games I got over Christmas and finish some of the stuff I was playing, so I plowed through the final 4 levels of Thief: Deadly Shadows---which completes my first ever play through of the Thief series (huzzah for actually completing games that you buy!)

Can't say I love Deadly Shadows, but it wasn't as awful as some people let on. It more or less plays the same as the originals, the only difference being that there are no rope arrows (boo!) and the levels are tiny compared to Thief 1 and 2. The levels are really what kills it, though, as the massive levels were the best parts about Thief 1 and 2, so without them it just kind of felt more like a medieval hitman game than a Thief game.

Plus, the Unreal 2 engine (written, I assume, with XBOX memory limitations in mind) really sucks. All the levels are divided into hubs and loading takes FOREVER. Like at least a minute, which can get tedious when you are running around in the open world sections of the game.

Otherwise, like I said it's not awful. The plot was above average for a Thief game and "The Cradle" level was kind of interesting in the way that it presaged stuff like "Amnesia." It was fun while it lasted, despite the loadtime headaches, but it really never rises above "mediocre" as far as stealth games go. I even thought that some lower budget stealth games, like Death To Spies were more interesting and original than this one.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 13-01-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Okay, at this point I'm really getting tired of fighting dual-wielding rogues who gang up on single party members for half a dozen backstab attempts per round and nothing you can do about it. Everyone of those bastards can outdamage my main character using Divine Might with a bastard sword. Pff.
    New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I was thinking about Stormlord at first but I didn't want to follow some no-name deity. The whole anti-undead feats and boni also come in handy during the campaign and it later helps me with picking Epic Divine Might.
    No diety requirement AFAIK. I rolled with Istishia and could be a Stormlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Okay, at this point I'm really getting tired of fighting dual-wielding rogues who gang up on single party members for half a dozen backstab attempts per round and nothing you can do about it. Everyone of those bastards can outdamage my main character using Divine Might with a bastard sword. Pff.
    Get yourself some undead summons. Undead are the bane of rogue characters, even moreso ones who use piercing weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Been playing Planescape Torment. Got to Pharod. Very much enjoying it this run through now. I go into it whenever I'm pretty much in a book reading mood, but just want a smidge more interactivity. The easy combat, for this reason, is actually a blessing for me.
    Great part of the game to be at as now things really start to take off.

Network Hub
    It's been a coupleweeks since I last checked this thread and go back to gaming as well. The firstthing that came to mind was to check out Sleeping Dogs…again. I've tried thisgame for a couple of hours before but had to leave it for another one. Anyway,after playing the game's singleplayer mode and read the review from gamearena,it's now easier to say that this game can be appreciated only as a whole. Itend to pick on some component parts previously but I think this one stand avery good standing of one of the more enjoyable games for 2012.
    While the plot ofSleeping Dogs has apparently been tried and tested, the gaming structure thathouses it will hit players even more so. It's undeniable that this game owes abunch from GTA series though--side quests, tons of mini-games, fist fights, gunbattles, car chases, and all.
    And yet United Frontwas still able to infuse enticing freshness to the game allowing players toignore the clichéd origins of the plot elements. A good example is Wei'sloyalties and the way they're split between the police commanders to whom hereports and his Triad comrades. It istrue that the plot device that is one part Infernal Affairs, and tow parts Cityon Fire, but United Front was able to use as a good springboard for a dive toits murky depths.
    On the surface, thegame is about a man with apparent divided loyalties, but United Front uses theprogress of the game to show the beauty of the narrative. This is what I like most since the thingsthat players normally do on this genre are pretty well given. The story isworth discovering. This is what makes this game stick around.

Fuck. Fuck... FUCK. Down to my last man, now and it's between Mj. Wang, the support guy and a Cyberdisk. Wang took out 6hp from the cyberdisk and I don't know what to do right now. It's just hovering around in his blind spot. Trying to hunt for that bastard ain't safe. Not when it can one-shot him. Fuck. I don't buy that cyberdisk bing the last unit. There's probably a Muton waiting around in overwatch right now in this fucking base. Oh, please, oh, please. I don't wanna lose this. He's all I got....
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    For me the early game of NWN2 is characterised by Old Owl Well.
    Is that the one where the party AI mysteriously turns off for no goddamn reason?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm currently on the last mission in Death to spies. Really an amazing game and i'm definatly looking forward to playing the expansion after i finished the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Is that the one where the party AI mysteriously turns off for no goddamn reason?
    I don't know but it's the place with the thousand orcs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    One of them. And you get Casavir. And Grobnar. One of the most bland characters of the game along with the most annoying.

You're making me want to play NWN2 as well, but I also dread the starting areas. It really takes a while to get rolling and I have no time for that when there're lots of other fun games to play.

Network Hub
    I really have no patience with slow-to-start games. Considering that it took me 8 hours to play through Mark Of The Ninja in its entirety, having to get through 10 dull hours before your game gets good is just unacceptable to me.

Currently playing Dragon Age: Origins, making my way through Orzimmar. I've decided to side with the more conservative of the two prospective Dwarf kings, mostly because the other one was a complete douche to me. Hopefully this goes well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by De_willy View Post
    I'm currently on the last mission in Death to spies. Really an amazing game and i'm definatly looking forward to playing the expansion after i finished the first game.

Underrated game,even if its very basic compared to Hitman games. Remember playing first one,i completed only four mission and each took me 2-3 hours,but i played on profesional and i always aimed at best score,which i got,fuck yeah. Also i played on hard haha,need to brag about it because its really hard game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Not really enjoying Trine 2 was much as I remember enjoying the first one, but I'm pretty sure if I replayed it the same sort of things would annoy me.
    Having played the two in short succession and gone back and forth a few times after finishing, the sequel struck me as the better game, but the first is good and different enough that I could still enjoy playing it.

It's a pretty good game but it sometimes veers a bit too wildly from easy to annoyingly finicky.
    Really? The ability to rotate objects (well, planks) with the wizard really made the sequel, if anything, less finicky for me, and there was only one puzzle that was mandatory that I could call that way. For the rest, the only parts which frustrated me were a result of my approaching the game with an OCD "I'm gonna try to get as many collectibles as possible" attitude.

Maybe try to play with different controls? the pad made things more enjoyable for me.

I also think it's another of those games where the path of least resistance saps a bit of the fun out of things. I basically always use the wizard to do mostly anything with the other characters just for hitting things (occasionally the shield can be handy and occasionally they put something in so it's quicker to swing across a gap than build something).
    Surely things get more interesting when you force yourself thinking out of your own box, which happened to me as soon as I started getting really comfortable with the controls and the game, but playing at higher difficulty levels also should do the trick.

The only thing that's elevating it above the first for me is that it's prettier. Maybe would be a bit more enjoyable played co op, hard to tell really.
    Personally I found the levels to be more expansive, imaginative, and varied - and ultimately more interesting and pleasurable to play. The environmental puzzles are great and I thought the new skill system was much better than the original.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Decided to backburner the Demon's SOuls re-run for now. THere is a lot I preferred about it (hub-based approach, MP, more hands-on story telling, etc) but I had also forgotten how dickish Demon's Souls gets. Lots of cheap ambushes (that reset...) combined with maps with fewer shortcuts, so you basically have a huge slog every time you die. And a few screw ups means you have to go back to the Palace of Boletaria to farm some grass.

So on the PS3 front, REsident Evil 6 (got it cheap from Toys R Us) and on the PC side, gonna try and actually beat EYE this time. That might be one wonky as hell game, but I have always loved the gunplay in EYE. And every trip to the armory is a lock and load montage, so that is fun.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    RIGHT, ladies and gentleman, today I resolve to PLAY THE WITCHER 2 because the first game was BRILLIANT and from what I have played of TW2 I have NO COMPLAINTS and yet I have NOT GOT PAST CHAPTER 1.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I read all the caps words, expecting a hidden message.
    steam: sketch

Witcher 2 is brilliant. It's too real for my tastes so I get depressed if I play it for too long but I really like how to combat is hard and Geralt constantly needs to make big choices without knowing how it will go all the time.

Besides, pretty much everyone hates you but you still need to save them because that's your job. And then they try to shy away from paying you for it. THOSE BASTARDS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    A lot of Mass Effect Co-op and Viva Pinata lately and started Resonance.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Dark Souls

10 hours in, I'll probably restart the game soon, got myself into a bad situation and spent lots of souls on wrong things. I accidently hit blacksmith and now he is hostile. Apparently I have to go and buy some expensive thing from an NPC. But first I have to kill a boss. But I can't.

Pros:

+ lots of different content
    + replayability
    + nice big castles
    + no other games like that right now
    + hitting zombies with claymore never gets old

Cons:

- neverending pointless grind
    - terrible unresponsive KB+M controls
    - runs very bad
    - mad camera
    - bosses
    - have to read up on wiki about everything
    - looks as if it came out around 2003
    - unfair and full of bullshit, not really "hard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh it doesn't look that bad,and even devs suggested playing it with gamepad,i did and had no troubles,plus it runs very well,not surprising looking it came from consoles.