Page 587 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 87487537577585586587588589597637687 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,740 of 20992
    Dark Souls stuff
    You'll have to go to the bell tower in the Undead Parish, there's a NPC that will forgive sins (like attacking other NPCs) for Soul Levelx500 souls. I'm some 30 hours in now and don't find it unfair. All enemies have attack patterns and abilities you need to learn, but once you do, the fights become enjoyable. I also use KB+M, had to rebind a few keys, but the controls are working fine now. The only real issue left is the mouse trying to simulate an analogue stick. The guy who made the fix mod won't fix this unfortunately as it'd require some low-level work he's not capable of (IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Dark Souls
    neverending pointless grind
    Just curious; why are you grinding?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I lost my XCOM classic ironman/secondwave playthrough. And it was all going so well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Did you figure out what marathon mode actually does? The description is a bit vague. All I've noticed so far is the research times take at least twice as long.

I'm playing Mount & Blade: Warband, Football Superstars, and XCom. It's my custom to play no more than one game at a time until completion, so this is all a bit much for my poor brain which appreciates consistency - for example if I saw an episode of Game of Thrones on TV that really pumped me up, I'd be more likely to boot up Warband. Instead I'm jumping from medieval fantasy, to a football pitch, to apocalyptic sci-fi in a few short hours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Spec Ops: The Line would be so much more fun to play if the controls worked half the fucking time. Maybe I've just been spoiled by other third person cover shooters and it's too much to expect being able to smoothly aim from cover or even aim at all. And don't tell me this is to make the game not be fun, that's already been accomplished through it having poor AI, bad handling, dull set-pieces and being about as subtle as a glaswegian kiss.

Also finally started Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and can anyone tell me what the benefits of getting Full Synchronization are? Is it just for dickwaving purposes or are we talking bonus story stuff? Not that I'm interested enough in the AssCreed mythos to pursue it, it just means I'll put on my judgemental hat and make 'tutting' sounds. Otherwise it's good to be Ezio again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    You'll have to go to the bell tower in the Undead Parish, there's a NPC that will forgive sins (like attacking other NPCs) for Soul Levelx500 souls. I'm some 30 hours in now and don't find it unfair. All enemies have attack patterns and abilities you need to learn, but once you do, the fights become enjoyable. I also use KB+M, had to rebind a few keys, but the controls are working fine now. The only real issue left is the mouse trying to simulate an analogue stick. The guy who made the fix mod won't fix this unfortunately as it'd require some low-level work he's not capable of (IIRC).
    I tried that but that dude was a total scam, super expensive. You'll have to farm souls and return with all your souls which is a task on it's own.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I tried that but that dude was a total scam, super expensive. You'll have to farm souls and return with all your souls which is a task on it's own.
    Maybe, but it's your only choice. And the higher your Soul Level, the higher his price, so the sooner the better.

My current mainstays after the holiday season seem to be:

Spec Ops: The Line and, not surprisingly, I love it. I have been quite receptive for one or the other CoD single player campaign, so I manage to push through annoying bits. At the same time, the story doesn't quite do all the game-changing for me as it did for some of the more well-meaning reviewers, but I'm not through yet. up until now, it has a very distressful Die Hard vibe to it, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Trine 2 seems to have gotten rid of all the annyoing bits of the first game and just focuses on fun physics. pure beauty.

Mass Effect 3 continues to grab me after two playthroughs. If they'd put in just a little more effort, they'd have had a genuine less-fun-more-military&aliens Firefly on their hands. I have now carried two saves through ME1,2&3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar

Farming should never be a real issue, as long as you push onward. At pretty much every SL, you should have a readily available area to gather a quick burst of souls. And if you need more than you can get in two or three laps, then you are probably doing it wrong (or farming to buy Twinkling Titanite to +5 something).

SL's are off the top of my head, but

10-20: Undead Parish. Just go on laps to kill the Balder Knights and mobs of Hollows
    20-30: Anor Londo's Silver Knights and just keep getting summoned for Quelaag. She's an easy boss and is worth a crapton of souls.
    30-50: Darkroot Forest, the phantom NPCs outside of the bonfire

But, I would actually go further and say: If you are grinding or having to farm, you are doing it wrong.

The fact that you find "return with all your souls" to be difficult makes me think the following:
    1. You have been grinding to overpower your enemies, rather than learning how to spank them
    2. You are probably over-leveled for the area you are in

I suggest staying at a low SL for as long as you can as it teaches you how to fight, not just tank. Because there comes a point of diminishing returns for Vit and End, at which point you have to know how to fight anyway.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is a better Splinter Cell game than Conviction and a very cool shooter. As usual with Ubisoft, the presentation is superb. Each of the four missions I played so far had its own unique and awesome scenario.

The Secret World - holy shit the combat is awful! Can't complain about anything else though. I just reached Kingsmouth and I love this game despite the combat. It just feels impossible to properly control. Gotta go read some guides...

Just spent most of the day playing Mass Effect 2. I love it. So many decisions to make, so many things to care for. I probably won't be able to resist buying ME3 right after finishing this one. >.<

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Just curious; why are you grinding?
    Because I can't kill bosses and continue the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Banned
    Get better.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Been playing KOTOR II most of the weekend with the restoration mod. I really like the story although I m not a fan of Star Wars but the fighting is starting to get to me. I am not used to this party management thing. Currently in Telos, the old military base, and the droids + turrets are a pain in the ass. Does the fighting get better? I wanna get through it cause I like Obsidian's stories.

Also I ve been meaning to play as evil but somehow I forget during the dialogues and make some Light decisions. Is there any downside to remaining somewhere in the middle between Light and Dark?

Messing around in Civilization IV, which is fun so far even though I don't know what I'm doing. Have to get a second city up and running so that I can have two building queues. Also, there are bears to the north that are stronger than my warriors, going to need a tougher unit.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Also finally started Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and can anyone tell me what the benefits of getting Full Synchronization are? Is it just for dickwaving purposes or are we talking bonus story stuff? Not that I'm interested enough in the AssCreed mythos to pursue it, it just means I'll put on my judgemental hat and make 'tutting' sounds. Otherwise it's good to be Ezio again.
    For me aiming for 100% synchronization can ruin the most the fun in the Assassin creed games, so I never bothered too much with it. But from what I read around the web, It's not really affecting anything from a story perspective. Pure dickwaving, as you said.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Get better.
    Additionally, don't play tired. Invest your souls in things you don't lose and wing it. Try scary new areas, it might not be as bad as you think.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Shit. I knew I'd lose my Major to some mind-controlling scumbag. Now I need to get these shithead squaddies to man up and get promoted before I get anywhere near to that godforsaken base. I need a break.

So, off to Deus Ex: HR, being a (semi)pacifist. I kinda like this playstyle. Low chaos, completely avoiding people and ghosting around felt much more fun than being a reckless bastard. Though, I'll miss treating Vending Machines as WMDs

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Because I can't kill bosses and continue the game.
    Have some visits to Andre. Upgrade shit and wear some lighter armour. And oh, dodge roll. For the love of god, DODGE ROLL

Alternatively, playing with fire is good and turing yourself into a walking lump of iron solves most problems.
    Last edited by Voon; 14-01-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Maybe, but it's your only choice. And the higher your Soul Level, the higher his price, so the sooner the better.
    There's always another choice. - Batman.

I coudn't afford and and decided to live with my sins as this character I was playing had killed the Blacksmith by accident, I wanted to look something up on the internet and put down the controller on my lap but because of the shoulder buttons of the PS3 controller being so darn sensitive the melee button got pressed and my character lashed out in front of him, angering him and was forced to defend myself. I had to say farewell to upgrading my gear for a while.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

There's always another choice. - Batman.

I coudn't afford and and decided to live with my sins as this character I was playing had killed the Blacksmith by accident, I wanted to look something up on the internet and put down the controller on my lap but because of the shoulder buttons of the PS3 controller being so darn sensitive the melee button got pressed and my character lashed out in front of him, angering him and was forced to defend myself. I had to say farewell to upgrading my gear for a while.
    You reached Anor Londo yet, bro?
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.