Page 59 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061691091595591059 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 24102
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Needed something to de-stress with, so I started a new SP world in Minecraft. That was five days ago and I've been playing constantly, so I guess I might be looking at another months long bout of Minecraft.
    Though, Lonely as a Mushroom Cloud keeps tempting me to start a modded Fallout 3 game and I'm not sure how long I can resist.
    Also, I never did finish my current play through of Deus Ex.

Activated Node
    Currently im playing alot of Borderlands GOTY (although im seem to prefer in SP) as well as working through the first Deus Ex although i always forget to quicksave and end up re doing whole levels, ive been spoilt my checkpoints dammit!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Ass creed (1,2 and bro)is wonderful with a 360 pad, just a thought.

I'm still only on the first assassin's creed but i prefer it with m + kb not the 360 pad but that's probably due to my lack of experience in using a pad making me incompetent more than anything else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Ass creed (1,2 and bro)is wonderful with a 360 pad, just a thought.
    I played 1 with M&KB, 2 and Bro with gamepad. Both approaches have their advantages (I like that, when you press W, you run in an honest-to-god straight line and don't have to worry about wobble) and the imprecision of the pad bothers the hell out of me, but ultimately the fluidity and "analogueness" of directionality does more good than harm. Still, all of my most frustrating moments in those games (and the reason I absolutely refuse to play any "race type" mission in them) were directly due to the imprecision of pad control, and my general shittiness therewith.

Activated Node
    picked up COD:Wow in the steam sale. Played for 2 hrs. meh. trite.

Went back to CODMW2, still trying to get the flaming skulls banner for M4A1 before MW3. No idea why, just a goal I set myself a year ago. 80 headshots to go!

picked up Magic carpet and dungeon keeper but neither really run properly so, bah...
    same for dungeons...

Today I shall play Men Of War: Vietnam, Space Marine 40k and Dead island! I intend to combine them all into one game where I control Space marines hunting zombies in Vietnam!

It shall be known as Men Of Space:Island Of Vietnam:The Marine 40.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Men of Space is a great name for a game.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 09-09-2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Italicificating unprocessed elements

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Also a band!

This week I have...

Tried the Hard Reset demo. I thought it was good. Not great, just good. Great atmosphere, but pretty dull to play. Player movement isn't quick enough, there's not enough feedback on the weapons and...yeah, it feels pretty hollow. Perhaps one for a sale as it was fun to play, but considering the deluge of games at the moment, it can't just be fun, it needs to be really fun.

'Completed' Borderlands. I don't know what Gearbox's intention was of putting in a load of grind quests in the DLC packs. Apart from one in the third and fourth, they were handled hap-hazardly. I'll have to go with the consensus though, the third pack (Secret Armoury) is easily the best. This, for me, is probably due to one of my favourite 'baddies' I've encountered in quite some time. The final pack, the robot revolution, was okay, but fatigue was setting in at that point. Level scaling wasn't working properly so for almost all the DLC content packs, I was gaining barely any levels despite killing hordes. Incidentally, I started a 'Playthrough 2' last night and I was about 10 levels ahead of the average enemy. Sorely disappointing, but, considering I've put 51 hours into the game, I really won't be complaining. I more than got my money's worth and do eagerly await Borderlands 2 now.

In craving some multiplayer man-shooting, I tried Crysis Wars for about 10 minutes. I had no idea what I was doing. Killed a couple of people, died a couple of times. *Shrug* I left. I then went back to Bad Company 2, the first time since playing the BF3 alpha back at the end of July. Felt weird, but it's still good enough.

Finally, I started Dark Messiah of Might and Magic last night. It's pretty good, but suffers from two immediate issues. The first is the Source engine and its "You've moved 20m. Left me just do more loading!". The second is some slightly janky movement. There's a roof-top chase sequence early on and my character really struggled. Swinging on ropes/chains isn't fluid, nor is climbing certain objects or the such. That being said, I'm having fun and I await playing the rest of it...

...of course when that will be, I don't know, as after a small weekend away, I'll hopefully have in my hands a copy of SPHESS MEHREENS. Yeah!
    Last edited by The JG Man; 09-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.