Page 591 of 1211 FirstFirst ... 914915415815895905915925936016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,820 of 24218
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    After I finish RE6 or EYE I'll probably sit down and try to do a proper run of the entire BG series. I know of Tutu, but are there any better ways to play BG1 with the BG2 engine? I'll probalby roll a mage (a better contrast with Sarevok and more fitting with Irenicus), so weapon availability isn't a huge issue (I dislike the Kenshi/Mage with a passion).
    BGT, or, Baldurs Gate Trilogy. It's what I prefer as it properly stitches the two games and expansions together seamlessly, with a dialogue/quest to take you from 1 to 2. Also, and I'm not sure if Tutu does this, it means you're playing BG1 as BG2 - and I don't mean just with upgraded graphics/resolution. Class kits, higher levels, extra spells, extra races and the Wild Mage class are all available in BG1. As are things like getting XP for disarming traps and learning spells (it's a good idea to turn this off for BG1 else you overlevel).

Link here - http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/bgt, http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/...ogy-weidu-115/
    The comparison I originally posted was old and crappy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Closure never ceases to be intriguing. It's also creepy as fuck in a lot of places. Design-wise, it's one of the best single-mechanic puzzle platformer I've ever played. I've gotten as far as level 12 of world 3. Now it introduces reflector dishes. I just get burnt out on puzzling after a while, so I take long breaks from the game. Will probably do the remaining 12 levels when the mood takes me.
    This one just got bumped up the backlog, thanks for the commentary.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing
    FTL
    This Sims 3 (With all expansions)
    Little Inferno
    League of Legends.

I plan to be playing Far Cry 3 here soon if I can get it working. I'll see what other games catch my interest. Haven't quite yet found that game that I "must have" yet this year.
    Last edited by ShitfacedZombie; 15-01-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    BGT, or, Baldurs Gate Trilogy. It's what I prefer as it properly stitches the two games and expansions together seamlessly, with a dialogue/quest to take you from 1 to 2. Also, and I'm not sure if Tutu does this, it means you're playing BG1 as BG2 - and I don't mean just with upgraded graphics/resolution. Class kits, higher levels, extra spells, extra races and the Wild Mage class are all available in BG1. As are things like getting XP for disarming traps and learning spells (it's a good idea to turn this off for BG1 else you overlevel).

Link here - http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/bgt, http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/...ogy-weidu-115/
    The comparison I originally posted was old and crappy.
    BGTutu does indeed do this too. I'm currently midway through a BGTutu game playing as a cavalier (one of the BG2 paladin kits).

Banned
    Cavaliers are OP.

I don't even remember the details, but I had this argument with someone years ago and basically BGTutu is obsolete. BGTrilogy does all Tutu does and then some and it's easier to use.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    BGTutu does indeed do this too. I'm currently midway through a BGTutu game playing as a cavalier (one of the BG2 paladin kits).
    Okay, thanks.
    Then as far as I can tell Trilogy (which requires all expansions to use) is all about preserving continuity between games. So if Minsc dies in BG1, then he's not there are the start of BG2. And the ways you levelled up NPCs in BG1 (at least Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira) will carry over the BG2 if applicable, ie. Imoen won't be dual-classed to a mage unless you want her to be. There are also mods that allow more characters from BG1 to be present at the start of BG2, in fact your entire party (barring a few NPCs who have to plot die) can be there in Irenicus' Dungeon at the start.

I thought I would end my 18th run in defeat in a real pathetic way but well, I did manage to win in the last mission. Yes, the victory was ultimately a hollow one but it was probably the one I'll remember for a long time. I'm thinking of starting a normal ironman run but I felt that it may be just too easy for me. Dang.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Banned
    What are some decent skills to learn for Darksiders? I'm at the bat/cemetery level & have something like 2k souls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    What are some decent skills to learn for Darksiders? I'm at the bat/cemetery level & have something like 2k souls.

You are pretty safe always upgrading your sword, since you'll probably use that the most (unless you REALLY like scythes or whatever).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Okay, thanks.
    Then as far as I can tell Trilogy (which requires all expansions to use) is all about preserving continuity between games. So if Minsc dies in BG1, then he's not there are the start of BG2. And the ways you levelled up NPCs in BG1 (at least Imoen, Minsc and Jaheira) will carry over the BG2 if applicable, ie. Imoen won't be dual-classed to a mage unless you want her to be. There are also mods that allow more characters from BG1 to be present at the start of BG2, in fact your entire party (barring a few NPCs who have to plot die) can be there in Irenicus' Dungeon at the start.
    Hmm, I'll check both out, but I am leaning toward Trilogy as I always found myself having trouble fitting Imoen into the party. Making her a pure rogue might help out a bit.
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    You are pretty safe always upgrading your sword, since you'll probably use that the most (unless you REALLY like scythes or whatever).
    Is the scythe any good? Which attack moves for the sword are worth getting?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Just upgrade the sword and then whatever weapon you like best after. The other weapons, in true God of War form, are kind of shitty. I had everything fully upgraded by the time I beat the game. And stop thinking so hard, the combat is dead easy.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Just upgrade the sword and then whatever weapon you like best after. The other weapons, in true God of War form, are kind of shitty. I had everything fully upgraded by the time I beat the game. And stop thinking so hard, the combat is dead easy.
    To be fair, the Sword of Artemis in 1 and the spear in 2 were pretty good weapons. The SoA made the battle in the center of Kratos's mind pretty easy on the higher difficulty settings (where you might run out of lightning).

But yeah, Darksiders is a really easy game combat wise, just be willing to activate super-mode on the harder battles. And every boss is a puzzle boss or a kiting boss where your purchased skills are pointless.

You don't need to worry about builds and whatnot since it's possible to max out everything, given the presence of respawning monsters which give blue souls. Just go with what you think sounds like fun - it's not really possible to gimp War. Saying that, i think the whirlwind upgrade for the sword is an absolute must - this is meant to be a zelda-like after all, and where would link be without his trusty whirlwind attack? Spinning around in a circle is fun.

Hmm, I'll check both out, but I am leaning toward Trilogy as I always found myself having trouble fitting Imoen into the party. Making her a pure rogue might help out a bit.
    I was faced with a similar quandary when it came to deciding between the two a little while back. I believe i decided on tutu ultimately because (if i remember correctly) BGT had some stability problems and was generally considered a bit buggy. This was a while ago mind you, so it's probably greatly improved now. I might have to try it myself.

As for Imoen, i always found it best to duel her as a thief/mage in BG1. Imoen as a pure thief is pretty rubbish to be honest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Scythe has better reach and more area attack abilities, making it good if you're being attacked by groups of weaker targets. Don't rule it out.

The only ability I'd prioritise is the Meteor Strike (or whatever the name is of the one that allows you to dash in the air), the homerun hit (or the one that lets you hold down a button and do a swing attack, sending an enemy flying and making them go on fire), the flipsaw (jump in the air, hold down light attack and spin down) and that should do you well for the time being. Also one that lets you do an attack while you dash forward, but I forget its name. It might be secondary weapon only. There are some nice combo moves you can learn, so just see if you're into that or not and then buy accordingly. I didn't bother much with the wrath abilities as if you're combo-keen, you won't need them too much.