Page 592 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 924925425825905915925935946026426921092 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,840 of 24106
  1. #11821
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,235
    Having lost two Classic Ironman XCOM games with 2nd wave on. I've decided that Damage Roulette is bobbins and crap.

    I'll be playing with 'Not Created Equal' 'hidden potential' 'high stakes' and 'New Economy' from now on. The rest can do one. (For now)

  2. #11822
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Fucking buggy STALKER game engine,this is unbelivable. After so many years i decided to replay the STALKER:SOC and for the first time i am encontering such a nusty bugs its really started to annoy me. Anyone experienced this crash ??




    "XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Igre\STALKER\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 001B:0024CC85, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)"
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 15-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.

  3. #11823
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,069
    If I remember correctly, when any of XRay engine games crash you're supposed to create a new text file and paste.

    That will give you much better indication of what's wrong than the generic crash message.

  4. #11824
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    I'm encountering problem at the start of Soc,near the bridge where few soldiers are,five-six of them. The point is if i save there and load,it crash,so i tried to kill them all and only one was left,then i fall off the bridge. Fuck me.

  5. #11825
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Fucking buggy STALKER game engine,this is unbelivable. After so many years i decided to replay the STALKER:SOC and for the first time i am encontering such a nusty bugs its really started to annoy me. Anyone experienced this crash ??




    "XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Igre\STALKER\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 001B:0024CC85, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)"
    It's known for its bugs yes, but had no idea they still remained.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

  6. #11826
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LTK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,254
    When I fought a humongous half-machine, half-monster boss with a rocket launcher halfway through the game I thought that there might still be hope for Rage. Then the last thing I do is dispose of a platoon of lowly, cookie-cutter cyber-mutants with the massively powerful gatling laser I acquired just for that mission, and suddenly the credits roll. I had hoped wrong.

    No massive arena-stage endgame boss fight, id? I am disappoint, son. I am disappoint. I mean, you could have given me General Cross piloting a giant biomech. Or the 2.0 version of the Dead City boss. Just, you know, something I could have used the BFG ammo against, which I didn't even try once. Even an elite squad of telepathic commandos would have sufficed, since the non-mutant enemies made such a good display of tactical behaviour. I liked that. But a BFG and a horde of mooks does not an endgame make.

  7. #11827
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2
    playin' The Grid - web text based multiplayer awesomely insane strategy game!!!

    http://codeelf.com/games/grid/


  8. #11828
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,974
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Having lost two Classic Ironman XCOM games with 2nd wave on. I've decided that Damage Roulette is bobbins and crap.

    I'll be playing with 'Not Created Equal' 'hidden potential' 'high stakes' and 'New Economy' from now on. The rest can do one. (For now)
    Yeah, it's Damage Roulette is a load of bollocks. People even tend to deal 1 damage with a Plasma Sniper Rifle while activating that feature, I heard. You tried Red Fog yet? It screws up accuracy real bad the lower the HP of your troops go. Seems to work on aliens as well.
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  9. #11829
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK
    Posts
    2,404
    Red Fog is good, one of the interesting Second Wave options.

    The one that gives your soldiers randomized stats seems to make the game way too easy.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

  10. #11830
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,386
    Real Life. It’s like videogames except there’s less immediate violence and mysogony, more skinner box type exercises and the sex is one of the best things rather than one of the worst.

    When I get time I dip into a game of Co-Op Borderlands with my brother and shoot cartoon people. Over levelled a bit already (level 25) butit’s not been too notable in terms of challenge, seeing as it’s all about the feel and experience of playing with my wee brother anyway. Preparing for the weird second play though thing which I still don’t really understand? You have to repeat bits rather than just progress as you would in other games? Seems an odd way to go about things.

  11. #11831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,069
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Real Life. It’s like videogames except there’s less immediate violence and mysogony
    Where do you live? Wisconsin?

  12. #11832
    Activated Node qizarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I'm encountering problem at the start of Soc,near the bridge where few soldiers are,five-six of them. The point is if i save there and load,it crash,so i tried to kill them all and only one was left,then i fall off the bridge. Fuck me.
    Are you playing with the complete mod? If you aren't then maybe you should consider it, as it includes quite a few major bug fixes.

  13. #11833
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Are you playing with the complete mod? If you aren't then maybe you should consider it, as it includes quite a few major bug fixes.

    Can't run complete mod,stutters like hell (Can play vanillia maxed out perfectly fine). I'm seriously jumping between all three stalkers game in this few days,Clear Sky vanillia runs even worse,so i tried CoP bencmark and apperantly i can run it 1680x1050,full dynamic lighting,everything medium and still looks quite decent. Now need to try out if its true.

  14. #11834
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Can't run complete mod,stutters like hell (Can play vanillia maxed out perfectly fine). I'm seriously jumping between all three stalkers game in this few days,Clear Sky vanillia runs even worse,so i tried CoP bencmark and apperantly i can run it 1680x1050,full dynamic lighting,everything medium and still looks quite decent. Now need to try out if its true.
    I ve never used it but I ve heard good things about the ZRP reclamation project: http://www.metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/
    It's mostly bugfixes etc. I think Complete incorporates some (or all) of ZRP's fixes.

    Also on the website there is a lost of error codes, it might help you.

  15. #11835
    Lesser Hivemind Node Bobtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    593
    I tried Ravaged during the free weekend on Steam and ended up buying it. The game has some issues (like the server browser, use Steam's instead), bugs, unlockitis (only for weapons), and doesn't apply mouse-inversion consistently, but the vehicles really are fun, and I LOVED flying the gyro. I can't quite recommend it overall, but I definitely had $3+ worth of fun, and the oldschool vehicle combat hooked me.

    The gyro is deadly, challenging (though it doesn't transfer momentum to the rockets - they hit exactly where you click), and incredibly satisfying. It's really a mini helicopter rather than a proper autogyro though.

    It's rough but might be something of a minor classic with enough support, and it needs some vehicle-maps-only servers.

    Edit: It's also a less than 3GB download, whereas the listed requirements say 15GB.
    Last edited by Bobtree; 16-01-2013 at 03:52 PM.

  16. #11836
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Red Fog is good, one of the interesting Second Wave options.

    The one that gives your soldiers randomized stats seems to make the game way too easy.
    I heard Red Fog doesn't work on Aliens? If so thats crap.

    I like the randomized stats thing as it makes it feel more like old school X-Com, and makes each soldier a bit more interesting.

  17. #11837
    Obscure Node buzznaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22
    As I am usually anywhere from 2-5 years behind I just bought Solium Infernum and cannot wait to dive in. The manual is just such a sweet (or should I say putrescent) read for TBS nerds.

  18. #11838
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,246
    Which stalker do you find the hardest one ?

  19. #11839
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,845
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznaut View Post
    As I am usually anywhere from 2-5 years behind I just bought Solium Infernum and cannot wait to dive in. The manual is just such a sweet (or should I say putrescent) read for TBS nerds.
    A few links you might find helpful.
    The RPS Solium Infernum board, The Solium Infernum Wiki, A tutorial for Solium Infernum (and part 2). The last 2 links are essential reading, a beautifully in character guide. And the first link? Essential because Solium Infernum is nothing without others, the third link is because the in game interface, the manual and the guidance of your peers cannot be trusted.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  20. #11840
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,322
    I just finished The Walking Dead.


    I need a drink.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •