Page 593 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603643693 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 21072
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I just finished The Walking Dead.

I need a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I just finished The Walking Dead.

I need a drink.
    Feeling dehydrated, huh?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Which stalker do you find the hardest one ?
    If that was for me, I guess the 1st one. The close quarters combat in the last two levels took me ages to get through... Clear Sky was quite tough at some points as well.

But I liked all 3 of them for what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Feeling dehydrated, huh?

Like a sandbox.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    When I fought a humongous half-machine, half-monster boss with a rocket launcher halfway through the game I thought that there might still be hope for Rage. Then the last thing I do is dispose of a platoon of lowly, cookie-cutter cyber-mutants with the massively powerful gatling laser I acquired just for that mission, and suddenly the credits roll. I had hoped wrong.

No massive arena-stage endgame boss fight, id? I am disappoint, son. I am disappoint. I mean, you could have given me General Cross piloting a giant biomech. Or the 2.0 version of the Dead City boss. Just, you know, something I could have used the BFG ammo against, which I didn't even try once. Even an elite squad of telepathic commandos would have sufficed, since the non-mutant enemies made such a good display of tactical behaviour. I liked that. But a BFG and a horde of mooks does not an endgame make.
    I got the distinct impression that the place where they finished Rage was not the place they wanted to. I do like the game, but the (lack of an) ending really saddened me. Like you I saved that ammo right up for the final battle...and turned out I threw a war and no one came.

That said, nab the DLC if you liked the main game. Sure its more of the same (a little more) but there is a pretty big boss toward the end. That and another (unfortunately mandatory) round of Mutant TV. Your BFG ammo and rockets come in plenty handy on both occasions, I assure you.

And right now...games...I am looking for something immersive and bleak that is not Fallout. (and when will browsers and spell checks just give up the battle and make Immersive a word.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    If that was for me, I guess the 1st one. The close quarters combat in the last two levels took me ages to get through... Clear Sky was quite tough at some points as well.

But I liked all 3 of them for what they were.

I am thinking first one because you got your gear slowly,looking at CoP for example,after first mission you're already packing with AK74,shotgun,two different pistol and allot of ammo. Plus you can just upgrade your gear.. But still playing it on Veteran is still challening,no mather which STALKER hehe.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Currently alternating Resident Evil 6 and EYE. Demon Souls is on the backburner until I once more forget how dickish the levels are (Dark spoiled me, what with actual good level design).

As far as RE6:

Leon's Campaign was really fun. Not quite as good as RE4, but a much better story and pacing. It was particularly nice because it actually felt like the progression and journey made sense with no real detours. Game says it took me 7.5 hours. If that is the only enjoyable thing I get out of the game, than 20 bucks for this is acceptable.
    Chris's Campaign, at least two chapters in, is garbage. Chris manages to be even MORE unlikeable than ever ("Boo hoo, my stupidity got my men killed. I am gonna get convenient amnesia, be a drunk, and sexually harass women. Waa waa") and manages to have more "What the crap?" moments in one chapter than Leon did in 5.

A brief list:
    1. They constantly refer to their objective as "The Ace of Spades" (Yes, I sang the Motorhead song basically the entire time). Then, when you are near it, they say (over the radio) "THat hotel is the Ace of Spades". Thus defeating the purpose of code names at all
    2. One of Chris's men is wounded, so he abandons them and moves on with mini-douche and the other faceless CoD rejects. If Chris were the only team out there, that might make sense. But there were at least three teams sent to the hotel, and the other two teams get there at about the same time anyway. SO there is no reason Chris should have abandoned his men to move on
    3. After the world's crappiest hostage rescue ever, Chris and Mini-Douche get stuck in the hotel. OH NOES!!! The BSAA is going to bomb it! In fact, the guy on the radio specifically tells you that you need to get out because he already scrambled the fighter jets. And he tells you how to get out. So, rather than wait until they get a radio response of "Yo, we made it out", they are just gonna bomb the building anyway. What the hell kind of...

Actually, I suspect the BSAA was trying to kill Chris. The third point makes perfect sense now :P
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Like a sandbox.
    You probably didn't yourself, but I see what you did there.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    You Don't Know JAck--I've never played one of these before, but I pretty much fell in love with it when the announcer made fun of me for having no life because I was playing it alone at 2am. I've actually laughed out loud a few times and the episodes are just the right length (10-15 minutes each) for brief casual play.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    You Don't Know JAck--I've never played one of these before, but I pretty much fell in love with it when the announcer made fun of me for having no life because I was playing it alone at 2am. I've actually laughed out loud a few times and the episodes are just the right length (10-15 minutes each) for brief casual play.
    A wise man once said: Dying is easy but comedy is hard. Humor is really, really hard to do well in games but YDKJ makes it look so easy.
    Last edited by Winged Nazgul; 17-01-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Where do you live? Wisconsin?
    Ye Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcompany View Post
    I got the distinct impression that the place where they finished Rage was not the place they wanted to. I do like the game, but the (lack of an) ending really saddened me. Like you I saved that ammo right up for the final battle...and turned out I threw a war and no one came.

That said, nab the DLC if you liked the main game. Sure its more of the same (a little more) but there is a pretty big boss toward the end. That and another (unfortunately mandatory) round of Mutant TV. Your BFG ammo and rockets come in plenty handy on both occasions, I assure you.

And right now...games...I am looking for something immersive and bleak that is not Fallout. (and when will browsers and spell checks just give up the battle and make Immersive a word.)
    Thanks for the advice, but since I picked up Rage for €5, I'm not likely to buy the DLC for the same price. I still have some Serious Sam DLC to indulge in shooty-shooty-bang-bang, so I'm going to do that first.

I picked up The Void on Quinns' recommendation, at least I think it was on Quinns' recommendation but I can't for the life of me find where it was actually recommended. All I know is, I picked it up for two euros on Gamersgate, and have been enjoying it very much. It is certainly very bleak and immersive.

While I love Deus Ex: HR a whole lot, who the fuck thought boss fights are a good idea? I had to waste all my precious EMP and ammo just to take Barrett down. Just, fuck.
    Art blog here.

Stuffed with pokemon doodles. And arse. Enter at your own risk.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by voon View Post
    while i love deus ex: Hr a whole lot, who the fuck thought boss fights are a good idea? I had to waste all my precious emp and ammo just to take barrett down. Just, fuck.
    I stealth suicided him, stun him, get in cover, and then stay in cover, he slowly murders himself with grenades as he has no idea where you are.

STEALTH!

Alternatively
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 17-01-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Currently taking a break from Guild Wars 2 and trying to find enthusiasm to play Witcher 2, one of a long line of Steam sales purchases that are making me feel guilty for buying but not playing
    Last edited by Plucky Underdog; 17-01-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I stealth suicided him, stun him, get in cover, and then stay in cover, he slowly murders himself with grenades as he has no idea where you are.

STEALTH!

Alternatively
    You know, I think I missed a lot of barrels there. That could've been much, much, much easier

I got some PEPS energy packs as I scavenged the whole area and I was wondering what a PEPS gun do. I don't think I ever used one
    Last edited by Voon; 17-01-2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Art blog here.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    You know, I think I missed a lot of barrels there. That could've been much, much, much easier

I got some PEPS energy packs as I scavenged the whole area and I was wondering what a PEPS gun do. I don't think I ever used one
    I think it throws a net?

Really? I mean, not something like a small plasma-firing gun?
    Art blog here.

Plasma net!

It's actually a big enough looking gun. If I remember you get it locked behind one of the hardest doors to crack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A few links you might find helpful.
    The RPS Solium Infernum board, The Solium Infernum Wiki, A tutorial for Solium Infernum (and part 2). The last 2 links are essential reading, a beautifully in character guide. And the first link? Essential because Solium Infernum is nothing without others, the third link is because the in game interface, the manual and the guidance of your peers cannot be trusted.
    Thanks Heliocentric-
    Those definitely are helpful links. I am very much looking forward to starting a MP game.