Page 594 of 1238 FirstFirst ... 944945445845925935945955966046446941094 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,880 of 24750
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    It's similar to that airblast thingy from Minority Report. It can stun multiple people in one blast, otherwise not very useful in my experience, especially since you need to reload after every single shot. It makes a lot of noise too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Cleaning house onAssassin's Creed: Rhinoplasty their are a chain of missions you need very high level assassins to do, and as I was sending people to the Assassins Guilds in the Mediterranean Defence sub game I don't have many extremely high guys, time to run about collecting gubbins while they level up.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

It's been three years since I gave up trying to learn to play "that horrible game" but hearing it discussed among friends has caused a fey mood to overtake me and I have withdrawn from society.

I have discovered a nearby island of kangaroos and have declared war on it. There have been casualties on both sides with no clear victor. Yet soon Kangaroo Island will feel the might of the dwarves of Axebeauty when we ascend into the copper age!

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Really? I mean, not something like a small plasma-firing gun?
    According to the Deus Ex Wiki it "emits an invisible laser pulse which, upon contact with the target, ablates the surface and creates a small amount of exploding plasma." So yes, it's something like a small plasma-firing gun.

It's a bit of an odd weapon, as it deals non-lethal damage but is also rather loud and can only be used at close range. Since non-lethal playthroughs generally tend to be stealthy, you're better off sticking with the tranquilizer rifle. Also, ammunition for the PEPS is fairly limited.

That's one of my problems with Human Revolution. It has a lot of neat and unique weapons, but for the most part you're best off just sticking to one or two specific ones depending on your approach.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    According to the Deus Ex Wiki it "emits an invisible laser pulse which, upon contact with the target, ablates the surface and creates a small amount of exploding plasma." So yes, it's something like a small plasma-firing gun.

It's a bit of an odd weapon, as it deals non-lethal damage but is also rather loud and can only be used at close range. Since non-lethal playthroughs generally tend to be stealthy, you're better off sticking with the tranquilizer rifle. Also, ammunition for the PEPS is fairly limited.

That's one of my problems with Human Revolution. It has a lot of neat and unique weapons, but for the most part you're best off just sticking to one or two specific ones depending on your approach.
    To be fair, the original Deus Ex had the same problem. Especially because the pistol(s) were very easy to argue as better than everything else in the game, even for a rambo-playthrough.

I think that's a problem for any game that (pretends to be) about choice and different approaches. There might be ninety ways into a building, but odds are everyone will pick the same two or three, and those two or three will be best accomplished with technique X or Y.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    At the end the blood sucking mistery was solved,just a ordinary stalker which got shotgun shell in his face from half the meter. End of the case.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I picked up The Void on Quinns' recommendation, at least I think it was on Quinns' recommendation but I can't for the life of me find where it was actually recommended.
    Quinns wrote the (rather enthusiastic) WIT, if that's wot you mean. I miss his articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    While I love Deus Ex: HR a whole lot, who the fuck thought boss fights are a good idea? I had to waste all my precious EMP and ammo just to take Barrett down. Just, fuck.
    I think someone at Eidos said the boss fights were outsourced.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

For a non-lethal play its a great tool for knocking the mass groups of the mad people out on the last few levels.

Call Of Pripyat@ I was on a mission with some fellow when suddenly we were attacked by bandits,so i killed them and now camp is on alert,doors are closed and they won't let me in.

What the hell,did this happened to anyone ??

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    To be fair, the original Deus Ex had the same problem. Especially because the pistol(s) were very easy to argue as better than everything else in the game, even for a rambo-playthrough.
    I'd actually say the original Deus Ex did a decent job of balancing the various weapons by utilizing a skill point system. Explosives are very cheap to upgrade, but somewhat rare and not useful in close-range combat, which makes them more suitable as a supplement than a primary skill. Melee weapons are quite powerful but require a more stealthy approach. Pistols are a great middle-of-the-road skill as they are decently cheap and can be used all the way up to the endgame, but don't excel in any particular category. Rifles easily dominate every other weapon skill but require a large investment to compensate.

It's not perfect by any means. Heavy weapons are essentially a gimmick (with the exception of the GEP gun which works quite well even if you haven't spent a single point in the skill), as enemies simply don't have enough health to make them worthwile, the Dragon Tooth Sword changes the melee approach from powerful but risky into a cakewalk and the Sniper Rifle makes every other rifle superfluos. Still, spending skill points means that you have to commit to some extent, which in turn means you have to make a definite choice. In Human Revolution the only real choice seemed to be between deadly or non-lethal and silent or loud, with the latter hinging on the former.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    For a non-lethal play its a great tool for knocking the mass groups of the mad people out on the last few levels.
    I hadn't actually considered that, sounds like a fun way to go through an annoying level. Is it really non-lethal though, considering you're likely to push the mad people over the railings?
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 17-01-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Best way to handle the crazy folk I'd the jump aug, "can't touch this".

Never trust a guy with "Tuna" name.

Best way to handle the crazy folk I'd the jump aug, "can't touch this".

Edit: Totally done with Ass Rev, did the Peri Reis and master assassin missions after the story. I'm split, the town is so much more varied, but the narrative and sub with story missions were over so fast.

I did pop into mp, spotted that you can buy money with real money, uninstalled.

Ah well. Looks like AC3 is back down to a £5 purchase for me, being able to buy unlocks in grind games? Fuck off Ubi, also EA, Valve, Sony (ETC.).

I hadn't actually considered that, sounds like a fun way to go through an annoying level. Is it really non-lethal though, considering you're likely to push the mad people over the railings?
    On the bit with a long bridge its not wise. I sent half a dozen people falling to their deaths, plus an exploding barrel got slapped with the shock-wave right into the heart of another pack of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Quinns wrote the (rather enthusiastic) WIT, if that's wot you mean. I miss his articles.
    Ahh yes, now I remember, it was the WIT I read, and it was linked in the December 1st Bargain Bucket. He did a good job of selling the game.

Dark Souls is eating my life. I knew all about the difficulty, but never expected it to be so long.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    Dark Souls is eating my life. I knew all about the difficulty, but never expected it to be so long.
    And when you decide to start a new character, you'll be surprised how fast the re-tread goes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    And when you decide to start a new character, you'll be surprised how fast the re-tread goes.
    Pretty much.

These days, I can get to Anor Londo in maybe an hour, hour and a half tops (if I am not going out of my way to grind and upgrade weapons). And everything after Anor Londo goes pretty fast since you know what you are doing and have a good groove with your character by then, so each subsequent area can be finished pretty fast.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    You mean the sniper rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post

That's a good one