Page 595 of 1154 FirstFirst ... 954955455855935945955965976056456951095 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,900 of 23078
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    To be fair, the original Deus Ex had the same problem. Especially because the pistol(s) were very easy to argue as better than everything else in the game, even for a rambo-playthrough.
    You mean the sniper rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post

That's a good one

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    After getting the sword I pretty much used it against everyone I encountered. unless there was a guy far away in open area and I didnt feel like being sneaky. sniper did the job.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    And when you decide to start a new character, you'll be surprised how fast the re-tread goes.
    Aye. So long as you remember what to do, that is.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    You mean the sniper rifle.
    Oh yes, Sniper rifle with upgrades was a wundewaffle, with speed implant and enough ammo game resembled Quake.

Dark Souls

So about "Getting better". You guys could have just said "Use shields". I assumed big horrible bosses kill you anyway if they hit but apparently a giant crocodile dragon with vagina dentata is easily blocked by a mere shield. It was so ugly though that I spammed it with a crossbow. Game is still unfair though. Oh, you are cursed now, we warned you by showing you a tiny icon! Now backtrack couple of levels to buy the Purging Stone! I also just lost 30 000 souls but I hardly care anymore. Enemy magic attacks destroy performance, every blast of magic drops game to 7 fps or something. Also, autotargetting is stupid, I lost count how many times I fell to death because I targeted a wrong enemy. With decent controls and UI, optimized graffix and freelok this game would been easier than stick dudes but I guess its part of the "charm".
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 18-01-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Like Mohor said, "Get better"

You can just run away when the Gaping Dragon's does his "charge attack" and go immediately to him till he tires out and hit him the hardest you can. Not to mention that there are a couple of summon signs if you're still human. But that's the past now. Practice that parry and riposte and learn some pyromancy. You gonna need it.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post

That's a good one

I like this one.

Last few days I've been surprised to find myself playing New Star Soccer 5 almost exclusively. I'm not a sports guy, and soccer feels especially boring to me, thus, the only sports games that managed to grab me were either virtua tennis or NBA Live (also, nintendo games, but those barely count).
    It's a really great game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Last NSS I played was 3, but I have the mobile version, which is also pretty nifty. The problem with those games is that you eventually get to a point where you're simply unstoppable, and then it starts to get boring. Does that happen with NSS5, or has the devolper managed to come up with something against that?

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Last NSS I played was 3, but I have the mobile version, which is also pretty nifty. The problem with those games is that you eventually get to a point where you're simply unstoppable, and then it starts to get boring. Does that happen with NSS5, or has the devolper managed to come up with something against that?
    As for now I'm not even close to unstoppable, and I think it'll be a long time before that. Some of the training challenges are quite hard, and you can make one training session each week tops, if you want to play on that week's game.
    For now it seems well balanced, for now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unfortunately you can reach a level of pace + dribbling where it's pretty easy to never get tackled. You don't even have to be any good at shooting (which I find really hard to do on a keyboard), you can just dribble past the goalkeeper. I helped Greece to the World Cup by scoring two quick goals then dribbling around the edge of Spain's penalty area for the remaining 85 minutes.

Still, it's a fun game and easy to get into the roleplaying, without even realizing it. Like when I was at Manchester United and scored six goals every game, then had one bad game and got dropped the the bench. Natually, like any prima donna centre forward, I threw a strop, refused to play again, and demanded a transfer.

My current player is a defender, which is really rather hard. I've got a big money move to Ajax but I'm not doing particularly well, or at least not being particularly consistent. It's hard work because good defending often requires not really doing much, just being in the right position, being alert, and resisting the urge to dive in.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Oh yes, Sniper rifle with upgrades was a wundewaffle, with speed implant and enough ammo game resembled Quake.

Dark Souls

So about "Getting better". You guys could have just said "Use shields". I assumed big horrible bosses kill you anyway if they hit but apparently a giant crocodile dragon with vagina dentata is easily blocked by a mere shield. It was so ugly though that I spammed it with a crossbow. Game is still unfair though. Oh, you are cursed now, we warned you by showing you a tiny icon! Now backtrack couple of levels to buy the Purging Stone! I also just lost 30 000 souls but I hardly care anymore. Enemy magic attacks destroy performance, every blast of magic drops game to 7 fps or something. Also, autotargetting is stupid, I lost count how many times I fell to death because I targeted a wrong enemy. With decent controls and UI, optimized graffix and freelok this game would been easier than stick dudes but I guess its part of the "charm".
    Heh, Gaping Dragon is usually the first boss that teaches "Sometimes you can't block". Because up until then, EVERY attack is blockable.
    Every fight in Dark Souls should be one where you first learn your opponent's moves. You will probably die the first (few) time(s) unless you are REALLY good. But you should be learning "What is the tell before an attack I can't block?" and "Which attacks can I tank with my shield, and which do I have to back away from to avoid being staggered?". Once you get those two down, pretty much every boss is simple. Time consuming, but simple.

And actually, it warned you "Bad stuff coming" by having a little bar at the bottom of the screen start to fill up.

And while the auto-targeting is fidgety, I would argue that you should never be in a situation where selecting the wrong foe will screw you. Instead, if you see a large group, use a bow to pull them toward you or use the level's layout to take them on one at a time.

Also, unless those "fall to your deaths" are Blighttown, you should never really fight in a place where you'll fall to your death if you make a wrong move. And even in Blighttown, you should lure the enemies to a stable battleground before advancing (and falling to your death because you slipped on a bridge :p).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Good thing to know is that you can block or parry almost any humanoide monster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    You Don't Know JAck--I've never played one of these before, but I pretty much fell in love with it when the announcer made fun of me for having no life because I was playing it alone at 2am. I've actually laughed out loud a few times and the episodes are just the right length (10-15 minutes each) for brief casual play.
    Some friends and I used to play this shit out of this back in the 90s. I bought it in the recent Amazon sale and am waiting for an opportunity to get back into Cookie's madness. Cookie is still the host, right?

I especially loved the commercials at the end of the game. "Major Dick action figure: Uzi sold separately!"
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    It seems you are approaching this game in a VERY wrong manner, plus sounds like you aint getting much enjoyment from it as well. While this game usually is better going in blind, you possibly should spend some time looking at a wiki or some guides for it.
    Also, its not wise suggesting that making anything in Dark Souls easier is a good thing. Thats torches and pitchforks talk.

Put aside Vessel for the time being out of frustration with physics - even looked up a couple solutions, only to find I was doing the right thing, but the engine failed to let the solution play out.

So, I tried a few other demos (besides Krater's as mentioned in the PC Bargains thread): Deponia (far too short to get a real feel of the game), Defender's Quest: Forgotten Valley (cute, funny, engaging and ...way too long - keep it away from me, still have plenty of tower defending in my backlog), and a couple others that really couldn't grab my attention.

Finished Hamlet or the last game blahblah in one sitting, it's sort of a hidden object game; the premise is lovely: a little guy from the future travels back and accidentally kills Hamlet, so he has to take his place to prevent history from unraveling. The art is cute too, other than that I'd say it's a bit unsubstantial. At times it reminded me of some of those weird flash japanese games with the transformer puzzles I can't for the life of me remember the name of, but with less flair.

Finally, after over a month I got back to The Witcher, and sank another 10 hours in it, and ...surprise! I might be warming up to it.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Its gonna be midnight in few minutes,guess its time for some STALKER love <3

I have just beaten the NWN2 main campaign on D&D Hardcore difficulty. It was surprisingly easy and I think I only wiped 3-4 times during the whole affair. I would even say it was easier than the last time I played through it some years ago, with a proper arcane gish. I managed to kill that red dragon without anyone in my party getting hit.
    The final dungeon was still a complete bastard though.
    I played a bit of the expansion (which I had not played before) and it's already a massive improvement in terms of writing and both Safiya and Gann are more interesting than all the companions in the main campaign combined. Gameplay-wise I'm not so sure. Wizards throw around high-level spells like it was confetti and fighters deal absurd amount of damage. One of those nameless pirates hit Safiya for 67 damage, that's just silly. On the other hand, way too enemies seem to have natural concealment which makes the blind-fight feat pretty much a must.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Well after playing a bit of Dead Space 2, Lego Lord of the Rings is certainly a lot of fun to play, so glad they have the movie license. I haven't played something so light hearted in a while and it's refreshing.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I die and die again in Solium Infernum PBEM (dropbox really) games, but I will lead Monster Dog to victory... I'm sure. The turns of the "Forced March" game of Colonisation 2 (aka Civilisation IV: Colonisation) are coming thick and fast, the Fall from Heaven 2 (Civ 4 mod) game is baffling and the weekly challenges in Orcs Must Die 2 keep me coming back for a bite sized challenge.

Yeah, I need an action snack to surround these strategy, but Orcs Must Die 2 isn't "big" enough, I might need to go back to Batman: Acidic Coolant and finish off those Riddler tokens... Also, the identify thief killer... No idea what to do with that.

Trine 2: Goblin Menace sits in my TODO list taunting me and Ghost Recon: Next Top Model looks to be a lovely little thing, and that's just the more recent fruit... Ah, to be rich with choice is a glorious thing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I leapt into a game of Hinterland and feel a bit bruised...

It's been a while since I played a game which zero tutorial and a 'manual' written in that old-school (and pointless) manner of just listing all the features in the game (instead of - perhaps - explaining it!)

Still - seems fun, if a bit unfair at times - will be back for more later!

Also - new Catalyst is out so I may be able to go back to Torchlight II without risking epilepsy (and if not, I'm dumping it and reverting to the way-old 12.8!)