Page 601 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 1015015515915996006016026036116517011101 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,020 of 23785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Herald View Post
    Why? That was one of the easier boss fights.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Found a mod that allows my Red Dragon Disciple in NWN2 to have red dragon wings.

Shaddup, it was important to me.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I keep forgetting I'm the only person on the planet that's beaten that game legit.

Whew! My second Terror Mission in this game done. Loads of Chryssalids coming out by threes at a time ain't fun but god it's intense. I expected a Cyberdisk to come and fuck up my squad but I got lucky this time I guess. Supports are awesome
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, it's a weird beast; it's a bit of a text adventure and a bit adventure game and has a really nice atmosphere and looks really neat.
    The game ends at Chapter V but I heard that it goes up to X if you start exploring and discovering.

Dawn of War II
    Decided to start over and play through them all in case DoWIII comes out someday.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 23-01-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Kentucky Route Zero
    Enjoyed it more than I thought I would, it's a weird beast; it's a bit of a text adventure and a bit adventure game and has a really nice atmosphere and looks really neat.
    The game ends at Chapter V but I heard that it goes up to X if you start exploring and discovering.
    Is that true? I need to play it again!

Network Hub
    Last week (too my horror!) my internets were down, with only brief period of connectivity (which I used to get absolutely Curb stomped in the Frozen Synapse League here on RPS).

So I HAD to play a select collection of offline games without an obtuse reward system because; achievements.

As the outside is looking particularly picturesque with a few inches of icy death hugging the ground I decided to finish Syberia 2.
    The final few scenes seemed a bit abrupt compared the meandering 2nd act I had got used to. But I feel the game was better for it, I was getting oh so tired of backtracking, and relished the last few puzzles which were absolutely superb. I wasn’t sure if the game had finally got into a groove that worked for it, or whether I had finally become accustomed to the way the puzzle designers thought, but the last few puzzles were the right difficultly level and contextual.
    I hear theirs a 3rd game on the way, not sure where they’re going to go from the end, the adventure seemed pretty much done from Kate’s perspective. Wouldn’t mind playing as the PI that was following her though.

Being in the Pointy, clicky mood I installed PISS, which had been sitting in my games directory for a while and spent 3 hours absolutely glued to the screen. Its one of the most engrossing pieces of interactive fiction I’ve played in a long time. Its got real Planescape vibes in setting, narrative and art, and although there isn’t really much ‘game’ to the play, just unlocking tidbits of background and story from various characters and objects is reward enough in itself to keep on going. Got a CTD in part 2 though, but I’ve contacted Ben and it’s not a game breaking glitch (clicking on a rock behind a character) apparently I’d found piece of content that had been completely cut!

As PISS had crashed and my urge to point and click had not been satisfied, I scoured my archives and found a game called Lume, a p&c puzzle game that was completely constructed using a paper and card set and camera movements. Its really charming, short and well put together. But seriously, f*** the puzzle to get into the cupboard under the sink. F*** it to space.

I dabbled in Temple of Elemental Evil for a few hours, just wandering around Hommet. It really is still a pretty game.

I also completed the main Campaign of Super Crossfire. Now I’ve unlocked the dark campaign. Frikkin love this game.

Now I have internet again! So I’ve been picking away at Avadon; I’ve currently just finished Nathaniel’s companion quest., and playing Borderlands 2: Torgues Campaign ("Tom4j" steam id if you fancy a game).

Tom j
    Last edited by TomxJ; 23-01-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    So... is PISS the actual name or just an unfortunate acronym? It doesn't ring any bells.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    PISS is the actual name, and it's even explained in the game. Very good game, by the way, especially if you liked Planescape: Torment.

edit: RPS coverage here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just added for about 8 hours of trance music in to my gta music folder,then i'll for a nice relaxing ride through the city of liberty,jeej. Wish the highway were much longer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Where might one find it? I tried Steam, Gamersgate and GOG without results. I then googled "piss game" and found what one might expect from that search. Desura had an image that said something about Summerbatch games, but didn't have the game from what I can tell.

EDIT: Then I googled "summerbatch piss". I do believe that's it.

EDIT 2: However, Summerbatch isn't available. Where is the game?
    Last edited by Fanbuoy; 23-01-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanbuoy View Post
    Where might one find it? I tried Steam, Gamersgate and GOG without results. I then googled "piss game" and found what one might expect from that search. Desura had an image that said something about Summerbatch games, but didn't have the game from what I can tell.

EDIT: Then I googled "summerbatch piss". I do believe that's it.

EDIT 2: However, Summerbatch isn't available. Where is the game?
    There's a link to PISS in the top line of the RPS Article here (same link as Faldraths).

It really is good.

Tom j
    Last edited by TomxJ; 23-01-2013 at 11:21 PM.

PISS is the best thing I've played in the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    Is that true? I need to play it again!
    Yeah, I didn't know about the exploring thing but it seems there's a lot to discover and with every location it adds a chapter.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Borderlands 2 in multi, working our way through True Vault Hunter and still having a great time.

XCOM: EU in single, still feeling my way along. Am I right that I shouldn't be researching constantly? I feel like I've got far more tech than I've got money with which to actually build that tech. I've been blowing past whole tiers of weaponry without ever getting a chance to make one and field it. For reference I'm playing on normal (at least until I stop misunderstanding the mechanics!) and have very little experience with the original game.
    Last edited by vinraith; 23-01-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    Do people still play DoD:S? I thought that game was pretty great, but it seems to hardly ever get a mention.
    DoD: Source is in that odd spot where it's still popular enough to have populated servers, but at the same time not popular enough to be widely talked about. I think part of the problem is that a lot of the features which made it stand out have since been done better by other multiplayer shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Found a mod that allows my Red Dragon Disciple in NWN2 to have red dragon wings.

Shaddup, it was important to me.
    So, where can I read your NWN 2 fanfiction?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    So, where can I read your NWN 2 fanfiction?
    Copies of my Neeshka/Gannayev/Nalano slashfic are available on Amazon starting at $19.95.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    XCOM: EU in single, still feeling my way along. Am I right that I shouldn't be researching constantly?
    I don't think there's any reason not to. The strategic-level progression is just poorly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Borderlands 2 in multi, working our way through True Vault Hunter and still having a great time.

XCOM: EU in single, still feeling my way along. Am I right that I shouldn't be researching constantly? I feel like I've got far more tech than I've got money with which to actually build that tech. I've been blowing past whole tiers of weaponry without ever getting a chance to make one and field it. For reference I'm playing on normal (at least until I stop misunderstanding the mechanics!) and have very little experience with the original game.
    Here's a nice guide on what to research and what not to research.
    http://sethrants.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/xcom-guide.html

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Copies of my Neeshka/Gannayev/Nalano slashfic are available on Amazon starting at $19.95.
    d20 shades of grey