Page 603 of 1181 FirstFirst ... 1035035535936016026036046056136537031103 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 23605
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I've been playing a bunch of Chivalry with a friend and got to fight place in a free for all match with the Vanguard, hitting a home run with a claymore and killing two people with one swing is amazing.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Someone hijacked my Steam account and support didn't answer my ticket yet (it's been 2 days now, is that normal?) so I came back to GW2 rampage and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 for fun nostalgic times :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Don't know why but PR won't start so i went and played BF2. What a bunch of retard people,unbelivable really,need to get PR ready asap.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    I've been playing a bunch of Chivalry with a friend and got to fight place in a free for all match with the Vanguard, hitting a home run with a claymore and killing two people with one swing is amazing.
    Less amazing when it isn't a free-for-all, is three people with one swing, and two of them are your allies :p

I am a big fan of the spears in that game. Gives me a fair bit of range and makes me capable of surgical strikes.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I m enjoying Chivalry but I find myself getting more and more frustrated with the constant spamming. I ve only played MaA so far (about 20 hrs) and I quite enjoy it but people spamming the longer weapons gets a bit annoying fast. At some point, some of the hits are bound to land if you do not take them out fast. I think the game needs some more severe penalty for spamming the LMB.

On the other hand it's quite enjoyable when you get to fight 1 on 1 with someone who knows what they re doing...

And archers, I hate those guys, I make a point of hunting them down when I can.

I'm going to try it out right now,free weekend woopwopp.

Edit. Spamspamspamspamspamity spam :|
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 25-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    Someone hijacked my Steam account
    Ouch... did you have steam guard?

Am i the only one who crave for something realistic,squad based,focused on teamwork,with lean and prone :(

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Am i the only one who crave for something realistic,squad based,focused on teamwork,with lean and prone :(
    You're probably the only one who cares that much about lean. And to a lesser extent about prone.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    You tried Red Orchestra 2? It has all of that you mentioned. Playerbase is also quiet active in Europe.

I'm jobless so i didnt had chance to try it out.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I m enjoying Chivalry but I find myself getting more and more frustrated with the constant spamming. I ve only played MaA so far (about 20 hrs) and I quite enjoy it but people spamming the longer weapons gets a bit annoying fast. At some point, some of the hits are bound to land if you do not take them out fast. I think the game needs some more severe penalty for spamming the LMB.

On the other hand it's quite enjoyable when you get to fight 1 on 1 with someone who knows what they re doing...

And archers, I hate those guys, I make a point of hunting them down when I can.
    One thing I figured out after an embarrassing amount of time was that I was instinctively backing up every time I blocked (not sure why). Once I started blocking and continuing pushing forward through the block, I was able to start getting the advantage on spearmen consistently. Block, move in immediately with a quick jab to the face, then either a regular or overhead strike while they are still in the recoil animation from your first attack. Very effective.

As for archers, yes, they are annoying, especially when they nail you in the middle of a showdown with someone else. But I hate hearing people put down those who play the class for no good reason. It's a very effective class, if it's played well and the archer switches quickly to a melee weapon when they lose the range advantage. I've seen some players kick ass with that class because they are very good at a distance and can still dominate with their agility close-up.

I'm playing Batman: Arkham City again. After loving the shit out of Arkham Asylum, I initially pre-ordered AC from Greenmangaming, but the combination of PC release-delay, weird update behaviour with GFWL colliding with GMGs Capsule and weird DLC spread out over several retailers really gave it all a very sour note. That's a story of how all this DRM and PC release bullshit can really spoil a game for you, right there.

Over the christmas sale I re-bought the GOTY on steam, and it's a very different experience. I know I have the full game, and I'm much more inclined to look in all the nooks and crannys for content I might have missed the first time. And that's a lot, because I only completed the main storyline and never came back. Now I've changed my mind about AC's combat and agree that it's pretty much better in every way.

What do we learn from this? I don't know. I still feel bad because I now bought the game twice and feel like I encouraged the publishers to initially bomb all their releases with widely distributed but not globally available DLC, and then release a GOTY and force everyone to buy the whole thing again. If this happens to everyone with at least one game, they still get filthy rich from this sick market strategy.

Looks like I might finish The Witcher in time for the MotN sale; the other day I was quite pissed by some crashes (which I later realized were a consequence of using Circles of Elements, no elemental buffs for Gerry), so I browsed my backlog in search of something else to help the frustration away. That game was Hector: Badge of Carnage. I liked the basic idea, like a tamed down version of Welsh's Filth, and the writing has its moments, but with the whole game hinging on that, it simply isn't good enough. This game seems to elicit polarized responses from players, but mine wasn't really hate: more like boredom broken by the occasional smile or chuckle.

The voicework deserves a mention: it's one of the most atrocious I've ever heard. Since all the characters were played by the same voice actor, there's some obvious processing involved, but this alone can hardly explain why sound quality is terribad 90% of the time.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    Batman: Arkham City
    Never heard of it, is it anything like Batman: Agrarian Chemistry?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    I'm playing Batman: Arkham City again. After loving the shit out of Arkham Asylum, I initially pre-ordered AC from Greenmangaming, but the combination of PC release-delay, weird update behaviour with GFWL colliding with GMGs Capsule and weird DLC spread out over several retailers really gave it all a very sour note. That's a story of how all this DRM and PC release bullshit can really spoil a game for you, right there.

Over the christmas sale I re-bought the GOTY on steam, and it's a very different experience. I know I have the full game, and I'm much more inclined to look in all the nooks and crannys for content I might have missed the first time. And that's a lot, because I only completed the main storyline and never came back. Now I've changed my mind about AC's combat and agree that it's pretty much better in every way.

What do we learn from this? I don't know. I still feel bad because I now bought the game twice and feel like I encouraged the publishers to initially bomb all their releases with widely distributed but not globally available DLC, and then release a GOTY and force everyone to buy the whole thing again. If this happens to everyone with at least one game, they still get filthy rich from this sick market strategy.
    I got my copy with a new video card. But anyway, I don't think the DLC in that game is even that great. You get to be two other characters who do roughly the same things in the same setting! Hooray!

Personally, in a Batman game I want to be the Goddamn Batman.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Tribes Ascend,i pwned allot of people with rank 1 stuff lolz! :D

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I am a big fan of the spears in that game. Gives me a fair bit of range and makes me capable of surgical strikes.
    I too love the spears in Chivalry. The basic spear is probably the only weapon in the game I'm any good with. Stab-stab-stab! And yeah, about surgical strikes: it feels awesome when there's three guys going at it and you just poke it in the middle with great success.

Ummm.

In the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    There was a moment, just before, while I was playing Serious Sam 3 that something magical happened. In assisting a machine gun turret, I walked up to it to see if I could find the deactivation switch so that I could pass. And yet, the E button did not turn it off. It let me pick it up. And a horde came. And I laid waste to every damn enemy. I cackled with glee. That moment was why I play video games. Finger on the trigger, don't let go. Running low on ammo? Keep firing, but move to where more of the ammo is. Of course I get to the level and am greeted by this:

One enemy...and one secret. ARGHHHH! Ah well. The game still gave me this:

And being a Serious Sam game, you just know that this is going to end well:

Damn good. Especially when you already have the Cannon.