Page 605 of 1166 FirstFirst ... 1055055555956036046056066076156557051105 ... LastLast
Results 12,081 to 12,100 of 23318
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    See, that's what I mean: people buying a game again, because of DRM. That can't be right.

Also it defies my capability for logic, but GFWL is much less bad with Steam, thus covering one with a whole nother layer of DRM. But it's true, because steam does the updating, it somehow makes GFWL less game breaking.
    Sounds like U.S. Gov't logic, where we fix out of control spending with more spending. We fix broken DRM with more DRM. And Steam may provide lots of useful services, but it's still wrapped up in some nasty DRM of it's own.

I think we can fix that problem by informing Gaben that DRM does not stand for Donuts Ready to Masticate.

After checking out the screenshots thread, I decided to leave my Stralsund MC docked at Guancia (PotBS) and give the Euro Truck Simulator 2 demo a go for a laugh. My first job didn't go too well. One crash, a wrong turn that resulted in a 10 minute detour while I tried finding a roundabout so that I could get back on track, and 3 speeding tickets later (fucking cameras), and job done. Gonna have another go a bit later when I crack into a bottle of wine. Should be fun!

Obscure Node
    Restarted XCOM:European Union after having failed miserably on my first playthrough. Got a lot further so far, managed the alien base assault with basic armour and ballistic weapons which was beating me up last time even with plasma rifles and skeleton suits. Strategy is key, naturally. Now I'm in a perpetual cycle of people getting injured while waiting for people to not be injured so I can do things like go out and collect the stuff I need to build a better ship. I'm aiming to skip laser weapons entirely and assisting that by just tasering everything I can get close enough to and stealing their weapons.

Dotting between this indulgence is Darksiders. I'm in the Ashlands, and I'm finding that I'm battling against microstuttering, falling through the map, and awkward camera angles more often than I'm battling enemies. But I think it says a lot to the quality of the game that despite those issues I'm still playing (and rather enjoying the whole Zelda-May-Cry thing) some five hours or so in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Dark Souls

That one boss fight agaianst Excutioner Camera and Dragonslayer Controls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    Would you mind posting how you hacked widescreen/gui improvements into it? I'm thinking of playing it soon, and I'd love it to look at least kinda decent.
    http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-war...s-old-republic

:)

Just ensure that after you do everything required that you add a seperate shortcut on Steam for the cracked exe. A lot of people forget about this. The main menu might look like its been squeezed into a window but dont worry about that. In game everything is whatever resolution you set it to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Supreme Commander: Ahh, that rarest of RTS that lets me mass stupid amounts of units, lose twice as many as I kill, and still feel good about myself. It's a shame that the brilliant dual-monitor support seems to cripple the interface.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    http://www.wsgf.org/article/star-war...s-old-republic

:)

Just ensure that after you do everything required that you add a seperate shortcut on Steam for the cracked exe. A lot of people forget about this. The main menu might look like its been squeezed into a window but dont worry about that. In game everything is whatever resolution you set it to.
    Thanks for the help! I'll got on that soon.

Playing NWN2:SoZ with the Hotline Miami soundtrack is a supremely surreal experience, yet it is oddly fitting. I even started bashing doors in. I can't wait for Hotline Miami 2: Mask of the Betrayer.
    That said, SoZ is incredibly mediocre. It blows my mind Obsidian did all three NWN2 campaigns, they're like day and night...and then day again. Storm of Zehir has tiny dungeons, boring fights and barely a story. It really feels more like a mod than a sequel to the brilliant Mask of the Betrayer. All the features that seem impressive on paper like the trade system, frequent skill checks and the overland map seem pretty pointless right now.

That said, there is one thing I have to say about MotB. I played through the game as favored soul and chose Kelemvor as my deity. The choice of deity is completely inconsequential for all but clerics with the war domain and favored souls, and even then it only grants specific feats regarding the deity's favored weapon. Whatever deity you picked, it never gets referenced in the original campaign, not even in passing. Oddly enough, if you were a cleric (or favored soul) of a good-aligned deity or a paladin, that whole trial sequence in act two would be very short since if you were guilty, you would lose your divine powers in accordance to the actual. It's never brought up.
    In Mask of the Betrayer it's different. Given the plot of the game, the characters and the location, it just has to be. Not only opens and changes dialogues, some of which are even voiced but given the whole nature of the expansion it felt almost like it was meant to be this way. Not that it really changes anything, it's just flavor, but still.
    Kudos to Obsidian for putting something like this in the game which only a tiny fraction would ever see
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played some Chivalry - Steam's free weekend - but I didn't really feel engaged enough to buy it and keep playing. Decent idea though, and some of the maps do look great. I just think the melee combat isn't for me.

Also played some of the new maps for Sanctum that came out a few weeks (months?) ago. Still a very fun game.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Played some Chivalry - Steam's free weekend - but I didn't really feel engaged enough to buy it and keep playing. Decent idea though, and some of the maps do look great. I just think the melee combat isn't for me.

Also played some of the new maps for Sanctum that came out a few weeks (months?) ago. Still a very fun game.
    It takes a while to get used to since every weapon has its own play style and feel behind it, it's pretty fun with some friends though and the objectives and modes are interesting as well. Plus there's more content on its way.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Yesterday i installed TF2 again,and played with sniper. In firt 10 minutes i got 15 headshots haha,then as pyro i ate allot of bad guys,good feeling i still have it after all this time of no playing the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Don't worry, bro. That'll be just one of many
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Damn in 24 battles you managed to kill 190 aliens :x

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Kudos to Obsidian for putting something like this in the game which only a tiny fraction would ever see
    Curse you, I've been putting off playing NWN2 on the account of having lost the cds, but I've bought the gamestop pack because of you. Well, that and all of the D&D collection is for 10 euros.

That also means I have to brave through the NWN2 original campaign. Sigh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Been a while since a game kept me up all night. Here's the remnants of my army:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Don't worry, bro. That'll be just one of many
    Have you beaten it yet Voon? (Ironman)

I'm beginning to think it's beyond me. Still enjoying the attempts though.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Have you beaten it yet Voon? (Ironman)

I'm beginning to think it's beyond me. Still enjoying the attempts though.
    Still grinding for more or less than 4 Titan armors for my Colonels for a base raid, so it's only a matter of time before I either screw it up as usual or actually beat the game.

And if you lose once and start another one almost immediately after that, it's hard to stop, even after 19 games. Despite it's obvious flaws and wasted potential, it's that good.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Yesterday i installed TF2 again,and played with sniper. In firt 10 minutes i got 15 headshots haha,then as pyro i ate allot of bad guys,good feeling i still have it after all this time of no playing the game.
    Few games are as immediately playable as TF2. And not many games go out of their way to ensure you just play and nothing else. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Few games are as immediately playable as TF2. And not many games go out of their way to ensure you just play and nothing else. I love it.

Its nice to play,gonna try AA3 today as well. Hope its good.